Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Why can't we have excellent bus services like this

Wikiposts

Why can't we have excellent bus services like this

Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:06 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why can't we have excellent bus services like this

in America?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8275944.stm
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why can't we have excellent bus services like this

Originally Posted by robin1234
Oh my! I feel for the innocent car driver.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Oh my! I feel for the innocent car driver.
Of course, because all drivers (and not just Porsche drivers) should get to park wherever they want and whenever they want.

I don't know, call me crazy, but the entire situation could have been avoided if the Porsche driver had parked in a proper spot and walked those few extra steps to the ATM. I will admit, that was a bit of extremism for the bus driver though...
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
Of course, because all drivers (and not just Porsche drivers) should get to park wherever they want and whenever they want.

I don't know, call me crazy, but the entire situation could have been avoided if the Porsche driver had parked in a proper spot and walked those few extra steps to the ATM. I will admit, that was a bit of extremism for the bus driver though...
.........and if the city hadn't constructed the bus shelter and the lightpost on the sidewalk................
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:53 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Erm. I said the innocent car driver!

I thought that it would have been pretty obvious which driver I was talking about......ie the one who was driving down the street when a bus crashed into another car, the bus stop and then his/her car!!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Erm. I said the innocent car driver!

I thought that it would have been pretty obvious which driver I was talking about......ie the one who was driving down the street when a bus crashed into another car, the bus stop and then his/her car!!
Ooh thanks, missed that! Too busy watching big bus hit expensive car!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ooh thanks, missed that! Too busy watching big bus hit expensive car!
LOL
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Dialogue was not very clear but did she have her cat with her? Why?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:26 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
....have her cat with her? Why?
I assume to watch over the car while she was getting the cash...
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is funny!

I know it was a bit extreme for the bus to crash into her car, but she should not have parked there. I travel by bus a lot here in UK with my kids, as parking in town is a nightmare, and there has been so many occasions the bus has had to basically stop in the middle of the street and block the road because someone has parked at the bus stop and prevented the bus from pulling in properly. Really irritates me. My dad used to be a bus driver in Edinburgh so I have heard loads of stories about cars causing problems for buses. There was even a standoff in Northampton when a car driver refused to reverse and let a bus through. Turns out buses are not supposed to reverse on public roads. Only to do it in garages or bus stations. People were sat on the bus for almost an hour before it was sorted by the police.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/yo...the.3455504.jp
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Um, wasn't the bus out of control regardless of the car being parked there? I mean, they're not supposed to take out the bus shelter normally, are they?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Um, wasn't the bus out of control regardless of the car being parked there? I mean, they're not supposed to take out the bus shelter normally, are they?
Maybe it was scheduled for demolition anyway to make way for the newer ones that show you how long you have to wait.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

All because a woman was plain stupid or just bone idle to walk a few metres more than she had to...most probably both. Exactly the same kind of thing happened in central Edinburgh a wee while back.....and yes, the driver of the illegally parked car was female of about the same age as this woman. In their arrogance they either think the regulations don't apply to them or they think they will always get let off the hook anyway because of their gender.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
All because a woman was plain stupid or just bone idle to walk a few metres more than she had to...most probably both. Exactly the same kind of thing happened in central Edinburgh a wee while back.....and yes, the driver of the illegally parked car was female of about the same age as this woman. In their arrogance they either think the regulations don't apply to them or they think they will always get let off the hook anyway because of their gender.
Originally Posted by meauxna

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.