Where are you from?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:42 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where are you from?

Leeds
West Yorkshire
Independent State Of Yorkshire
England
Europe
Planet Earth.

Now in North West Chicago
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by One Hung Lo
Ah Caledonian Road. I lived in a dingy basement flat with a German, a Finn and an American back in 1971. It was in Penn Road, just round the corner from Holloway Prison. No TV, so Elmo (the Finn) and I used to wander down Seven Sisters Road to stand outside Radio Rentals on a Saturday night watching Match of the Day.

We were mad but we were happy.
No shit! I lived on Penn Road too! The landlord was an elderly man who had a cat. The cat had fleas and I got bitten by the fleas in my room. Cat fleas are awful.

I liked that part of the Holloway Road and the market on Seven Sisters Road.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Toledo (Ohio, not Spain), went to school in Oxford (Ohio, not England), lived in Luxembourg (the country, not in Ohio!) for 6 months while at school, then moved to Cincinnati where I live now.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:48 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Born and raised in Corpus Christi.
Educated and have lived in Austin.
Tried to emigrate once but family ties stopped it -- visa and job in Toronto.
Married and imported a Dutchman.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggster
LOL that really tickled me!!
The Coventry Blaze are doing well according to my nephew, he is a fan of them. I have to confess I have never really taken much interest in them.

Hope that you have a fab time catching up with your mates when you go over - if you havent been there for a while I am sure you will notice the difference!
(My Brother and his wife are Blaze season ticket holders)

Anyway...born and brought up in Rugby, went to Brunel Uni, Twickenham, then married and moved to Northampton, then St. Clair, Michigan and now Aledo, Texas (just west of Fort Worth)
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:53 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Chernobyl?
Oooooo.
We used to dreeeeam of living in Chernobyl.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Belfast Northern Ireland for 13 years now Australia
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Born and brought up in Dover, Kent, at the bottom of some big cliffs.
Uni in Southampton, stayed for one year after.
Now have been living in London for 7 years (Clapham & now Docklands).
Providing all goes well on the visa front will be in San Diego in 3-5 months.

Last edited by paul_79; Sep 12th 2008 at 11:17 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:16 pm
Cornish Pasty Lover

Voltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura about

Born in Cleethorpes (and proud to admit it)
Grimsby
Chelmsford
Southampton
Cardiff
Maidstone
High Wycombe
London
then Washington, DC 8 years ago......
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:04 pm
Curry Magnet

One Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Voltore
Born in Cleethorpes (and proud to admit it)
Ah; haddock, chips, mushy peas, bread & butter and a mug of tea at Steele's on a Sunday evening.

Best fish and chips I ever tasted.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:07 pm
Curry Magnet

One Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
No shit! I lived on Penn Road too! The landlord was an elderly man who had a cat. The cat had fleas and I got bitten by the fleas in my room. Cat fleas are awful.

I liked that part of the Holloway Road and the market on Seven Sisters Road.
Small world!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I am from the Mighty, Mighty City of Leeds, in the West Riding of God's Own Country (Yorkshire). Born and bred.

I now reside in "the boonies", Petersburg, Tennessee.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:13 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

It's the I.S.O.Y now

We've given back the parts of Lancashire we swallowed up when it was no long the Ridings.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leeds_Lass
I am from the Mighty, Mighty City of Leeds, in the West Riding of God's Own Country (Yorkshire). Born and bred.

I now reside in "the boonies", Petersburg, Tennessee.
I saw a tractor trailer recently here in Missouri that had the company name "Yorkshire Rose Trucking" and the white Yorkshire rose (same as the one on the Yorkshire flag) painted on the side of the trailer and cab.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of "Leeds" in the US, we pass one every time we go visit the in-laws, many jokes are cracked (by me) about going home.

I do get sick of American's not knowing about the Mighty Mighty City of Leeds though, every time they here I'm from Leeds they think Leeds Castle in Kent.

I'm educating them one at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.