Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is the anger?

He is 78 and has issues

Give him a break.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by droidguy72
Evidently not much is going on in his head. He can't even recall the name of the Australian Prime Minister (go to 20:39): https://youtu.be/gM0S8OwNiFY?t=1236
You can't tell the difference between a matey colloquialism and memory loss?
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Evidently not much is going on in his head. He can't even recall the name of the Australian Prime Minister (go to 20:39):
I can't recall the name of the Australia PM either.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:22 am
Furby

Glasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond repute

We all know the decision to restrict entry to UK/EU citizens is political and nothing else. There is no science or logic involved other than how many votes will be won or lost. Unfortunately way more votes will be lost by relaxing the restrictions because most US citizens do not travel or have family overseas, and support the ban without really considering how effective it really is or the long term economic impact.

Personally, I cannot see President Biden relaxing the restrictions prior to the November 2022 elections because if he does so and Covid spikes, then he will lose badly in the mid terms and he will not take that chance, even if it is the right decision for the country long term.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 11:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I can't recall the name of the Australia PM either.
Unfortunately I can, as we have to have all his videoconferences on at work, with loud sound!! Trust me, i wouldn't worry, the Chief Jailer isn't worth it
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:14 pm
Banned

johnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You can't tell the difference between a matey colloquialism and memory loss?
He will be on very good medication but he has got it. He is not the man he was 2 years ago. The irony of all this should not be lost on us. Some people wanted to invoke the 25th to remove Trump but feared it would cause civil war if they did. That is what this general guy on the news has been saying and I believe him.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:18 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

That is what this general guy on the news has been saying and I believe him.
At no point has General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, actually said anything of the sort on TV. What you are hearing is reports of excerpts from Bob Woodwards new book.

He is not the man he was 2 years ago.
I think it's more accurate to say that he's not the man that was occupying his job 2 years ago. Which is what caused a plurality of USCs (myself included) to vote for him.

Personally I would have voted for a steaming turd before I voted for the orange one.

Last edited by civilservant; Sep 16th 2021 at 12:28 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:34 pm
Banned

johnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond reputejohnbrown1938 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgow Girl
We all know the decision to restrict entry to UK/EU citizens is political and nothing else. There is no science or logic involved other than how many votes will be won or lost. Unfortunately way more votes will be lost by relaxing the restrictions because most US citizens do not travel or have family overseas, and support the ban without really considering how effective it really is or the long term economic impact.

Personally, I cannot see President Biden relaxing the restrictions prior to the November 2022 elections because if he does so and Covid spikes, then he will lose badly in the mid terms and he will not take that chance, even if it is the right decision for the country long term.
That argument could be strung out till 2028 if you look at it that way. And the damage to the midterms is done now anyway with the deaths of those marines.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
At no point has General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, actually said anything of the sort on TV. What you are hearing is reports of excerpts from Bob Woodwards new book.

I think it's more accurate to say that he's not the man that was occupying his job 2 years ago. Which is what caused a plurality of USCs (myself included) to vote for him.

Personally I would have voted for a steaming turd before I voted for the orange one.
I think it is different guy I am thinking of. He was on CNN last night saying he feared Trump would attack China in his final days and he wanted to keep the channels open though a few people did speak so it may not have been the guy it might be the guy you are referring to.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbrown1938
He will be on very good medication but he has got it.

Whoa. Remote diagnosis of a medical condition via internet.

He's just an old guy. Where you get the rest from is anybody's guess.

The sad part is that the country could not come up with a better candidate.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 12:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbrown1938
He will be on very good medication but he has got it.
Sorry, I didn't realise that you were a neurologist and Biden was your patient.

Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't read the sarcasm ...
Old Sep 16th 2021, 1:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Whoa. Remote diagnosis of a medical condition via internet.

He's just an old guy. Where you get the rest from is anybody's guess.

The sad part is that the country could not come up with a better candidate.
And a better candidate on both sides. The last candidate anyone got really excited about was Obama.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:12 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry, I didn't realise that you were a neurologist and Biden was your patient.
What with the initial interest in cruises and now the Biden bashing, johnbrown is starting to sound like a reincarnation of andyrebel . . . .
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:32 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgow Girl

Not sure that is really realistic. COVID probably will spike sometime in the next six months anyway. But, it’s very likely that by the run up to the 2022 elections, it will have decisively receded, so the general takeaway will be relief that the pandemic is over, even if COVID remains in endemic form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.