Where is the anger?

Old Sep 16th 2021, 9:57 pm
Banned

SimonLes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where is the anger?

The vaccine only works if everybody has it. We have been told, therefore it is true.

Protect the vaccinated who are protected by the vaccine because it is a miracle and works (this part is not sarcasm), from the unvaccinated who are not protected and need to be protected from the, erm, unvaccintated (unless they had it but you can't actually tell because there isn't a reliable antibody test unless you had it recently and a lot of people had Covid without even knowing and have natural immunity but don't let that put you off from telling other people what to do) because the unvaccinated are fools who need to be protected from themselves by the righteous vaccinated people.

There we have it and no you can't go and see your family in the UK, ever. Unless you are a US citizen in which case its OK because you can't get or give coivd to anyone unlike those green card holders, they are germs factories. Simple.

If you disagree with this mentally illogical and counterproductive situation you are a tin foil hat wearing david icke trump supporter. Got it?
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonLes
Are you offended because I just described you?

Oh I'm not offended. I just haven't yet decided whether you are (unintentionally) funny or dangerous.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Every time a piece of genetic material replicates there is the chance of transcription errors, or mutations as they are commonly known.

They can happen in vaccinated people and they can happen in unvaccinated people.

The single best way to reduce the chance of variants popping up is to prevent the virus from replicating in the first place, which means widespread vaccination and breaking those chains of transmission.
So what is the point of vaccination if this deadly mutation can happen between anyone, at any time? No chains of transmission are broken by vaccination, vaccinated people can still get it, unvaccinated people can still get it. Vaccine protects the vaccinated from getting ill.

But only with Covid? This couldn't happen on any other virus, like the flu for example?

Again, where does that end? By your logic no one is safe from this deadly mutation that might happen, ever. While you are correct that the virus can mutate you are taking this out of proportion, massively.

Yet somehow the world managed to keep turning in the past despite this risk being in place from every virus, ever. Not my words by the way, the view of my wife, a Virologist with a PHD and 20 years experience of developing vaccines who was part of the team that developed one of the covid vaccines. I mean, she might know just a bit about this stuff?
I just spoke to her BTW, she said the whole "unvaccinated people are mutation factories putting vaccinated people at risk" theory is a "stupid argument". So you can relax Sir, direct your anger at politicians of all colors and countries who are playing this long expired "crisis" for all its worth,

BTW- the CDC says "The COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the United States are highly effective at preventing severe disease and death, including against the Delta variant."
So vaccinated people are not automatically vulnerable to a new variant. Quite the opposite. So what exactly are you angry about again?

Last edited by SimonLes; Sep 16th 2021 at 10:25 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Oh I'm not offended. I just haven't yet decided whether you are (unintentionally) funny or dangerous.
Then argue the facts instead of name calling. If you can't refute the points raised then you lost. You make yourself look like an ill informed gullible fool.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

You are completely not right in regards to British Columbia.

1) Hospitalizations are not better here where I am, maybe they are where you are, its also so bad next door in Alberta they basically shut the place down yesterday because hospitalizations have grown so bad over the past 2 months.

2) Hospitals here are not dealing with 75% less COVID patients.

3) Smokers, overweight, and others do not cause hospitals to see hundred+ % hospitalization growth either.

In your eyes how do you fix the issue of insufficient human resources like doctors and nurses in less than 2 years of a pandemic?

Not like they refused to spend money or hire, the government is pumping money into healthcare like never before, every health authority has a plethora of job openings, problem is lack of actual human manpower with the necessary skills, they even paid massive amounts to bring nurses in from the US, but guess what the US is facing the same issue, and I imagine many countries are.

It takes 4 years minimum to graduate a new nurse, so the earliest you will see any of the nursing students who started in 2020 will be 2024.

They ordered a boat ton of ventilators and equipment, the problem is staffing, and plenty of job postings, bonus offerings etc, but you still need qualified applicants available.

More or less any nurse who wants a job has one.

Number of people in hospital today vs August 16 up 123%

Number of people in ICU today vs August 16 up 185%

The only thing saving us this week is we are only seeing 10%-15% growth in hospitalizations vs 30%-40% or more we had been seeing and ICU increases are down as well, but who knows if cases don't drop, this may just be a temporary blip before increasing begins again.

Sept 1-14 76% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and account for 86.4% of hospitalizations.

So yeah keep believe everything is better this year everywhere, when some places are infact worse off despite being heavily vaccinated.

This just one of the 5 health regions we have, but 831 jobs listed for nurse.

19 pages of nursing positions listed in Vancouver Coastal Health

Fraser Health is trying to recruit nurses from outside of the province.

They also have Employed Student Nurse program to have nursing students work part-time doing some nursing tasks while still in school.

So what would you do to fix the problem of not enough qualified and educated humans to do nursing?

If you have 5 positions but only 2 humans qualified for said positions, you can't fill all 5 positions no matter how much planning you do.

Yet a majority of the population are vaccinated, so that is a fraction of those hitting the hospitals compared to last year. I'm sorry I don't have the exact figure, so lets go with 25% of adults are unvaccintaed. Take from that those who aren't nanobot whackjobs and those with natural immunity through having covid. That's a pretty small, unidentifiable percentage of people you are frustrated with.
Secondly the hospitals are (based on my estimation) dealing with 75% less corona virus cases than they were last year. Shouldn't they be taking some anger, for not preparing for this. They have had plenty of time.
Lastly, the same applies for fatties, drinkers, smokers, people who do no exercise, druggies. They take up hospital beds too and that's something that was possibly preventable. Should they be denied treatment? Maybe but that isn't a very palatable approach so you can't extend that to "unvaccinated nanobot freaks who didn't have Covid already" as tempting as it may be

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 16th 2021 at 11:03 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

you can't actually tell because there isn't a reliable antibody test
Yes there is - there are tests that distinguish between the S protein and the N protein.

Anyone vaccinated will only react to the S protein, whereas those with prior exposure to the virus itself will react to both the S and the N proteins.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 11:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Then argue the facts instead of name calling.
They've been argued. You dismiss them.
ill informed gullible fool.
Ooh...you...you...name caller you....
Old Sep 16th 2021, 11:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

He seems upset.

And unreliable on the scientific front.

Lots of people here, and everywhere, have very difficult and sad situations to deal with due to covid. Particularly those who have actually lost someone. We all have to deal with it.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Sep 16th 2021 at 11:49 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Yes there is - there are tests that distinguish between the S protein and the N protein.

Anyone vaccinated will only react to the S protein, whereas those with prior exposure to the virus itself will react to both the S and the N proteins.
Not what they told me when I was in hospital with suspected complications from covid. Also not what my wife says, someone who tests the effectiveness of vaccines for a living. I'll believe the doctors.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He seems upset.

And unreliable on the scientific front.

Lots of people here, and everywhere, have very difficult and sad situations to deal with due to covid. Particularly those who have actually lost someone. We all have to deal with it.
Your misinformation and hype does not help. You have demonstrated you know nothing of scinentific value. Just regurgitation of fearmongering articles from the Guardian and arrogance. .

Your position is untenable and I took it apart. Your response "won't you think of peoples feelings". Spare me.

People die everyday the vast majority of them for things other than Covid, it is sad, but the world keeps on turning and over reactions do more harm than good. The "if it saves one life" fallacy was kicked into the trash can a long time ago.

I've yet to hear any argument that makes sense to justify why vaccinated people should fear, or have anger towards, unvaccinated people. The only thing that makes any sense is "because it is making the politicians act like illogical dicks", in which case point the finger at the politicians.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:56 am
Banned

They've been argued. You dismiss them.
I demonstrated that the points of people like the yellow/red arrow nazi person, make no sense, are illogical and wrong. So, yes dismissed.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He seems upset.

Did you just ASSUME my gender?

Transphobic. Reported
Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Sep 17th 2021, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

For the poster downplaying the hospital issues in some part currently happening, Alberta the province next door to mine, is considering flying patients to Ontario which if you look at a map is pretty far away, that is how dire the hospital situation there is, so clearly not all hospitals are seeing 75% reduction in cases as per the other posters estimate.

Before you ask the closest provinces to Alberta are also having issues with hospital space, so Ontario appears to be the closest alternative to send patients.

Old Sep 17th 2021, 5:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
For the poster downplaying the hospital issues in some part currently happening, Alberta the province next door to mine, is considering flying patients to Ontario which if you look at a map is pretty far away, that is how dire the hospital situation there is, so clearly not all hospitals are seeing 75% reduction in cases as per the other posters estimate.

Before you ask the closest provinces to Alberta are also having issues with hospital space, so Ontario appears to be the closest alternative to send patients.
Disgraceful, the authorities in those areas should be ashamed. I imagine you will all be looking to have the elected politicians replaced and the hospital management fired.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.