Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When and where did you meet your spouse?

When and where did you meet your spouse?

Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When and where did you meet your spouse?

Met on Tsunami day, Dec 26th 2004 in the Sheraton.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

First one on the beach of Lake Bangweulu. The second in the school staff-room in the town of Tolbukhin in the Dobrudja.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 4:31 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Met online, April 1999.
I was working in the East Bay Area, she was back in Indiana.
Sent me an AIM (on AOL at the time - loved that dial-up tone.....) as she was looking to chat with folk with Scotland/UK in their profile. Her sister was in the USAF back in England so she was mulling a trip.
1st face-to-face was in July 1999 for Lilith Fair in SF.
Married in May 2000.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

tbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nicetbooth is just really nice

Met on a freighter in the South Pacific - I was ignoring her because I was looking at a volcano. 2nd Feb.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

At my workplace, I actually hired her.

Oooops.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I pulled her in the student union bar of St Mary's in Twickenham where she was doing a year in the U.K. Don't remember the exact date, would have been November 1999. Apparently my first words to her when we went outside (which she remembers and I don't) were "bloody hell, you're a yank". Despite my charming first drunken words, we
Got married 12 years later.