Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When and where did you meet your spouse?

When and where did you meet your spouse?

Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default When and where did you meet your spouse?

Inspired by some OT posts in an immigration thread earlier today, since deleted by JG, do you remember when and where you first met your spouse?

Coincidentally Mrs P and I met for the first time, face to face, 19 years ago today, at around 3pm at CLT.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When and where did you meet your spouse?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Inspired by some OT posts in an immigration thread earlier today, since deleted by JG, do you remember when and where you first met your spouse?

Coincidentally Mrs P and I met for the first time 19 years ago today, at around 3pm at CLT.
Go on blame me.

We met just before midnight at a New Year Eve's party. I was talking to someone and saw him walk into the room. He looked at me and walked straight over. He says it was love at first sight...but he had to win me over.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 12th 2017 at 8:30 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Go on blame me. .....
I don't remember anyone else being involved!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember anyone else being involved!
You are taking your own thread off topic.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

We met online on an informal dating/talking website.

The website would charge to send messages and she was the only woman cheap enough to put an email on her profile.

I emailed and about 6 months of talking later we met at CLT.

2 trips a year for me to NC and 2 total trips for her to the UK. Went on for 5 years until we married.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:30 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Technology at it's finest with me, and not all that long ago lol. February of last year I met the wife on Bumble, 1 month after i moved to the US.

I always wind her up about it - on Bumble, only the girls can message first after you mutually match, if they don't message after 24 hours - the match times out and disappears. So i always say she started it.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Initially online on ok cupid. Then in person a few weeks later at the Vancouver aquarium, May/June 2013.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:46 pm

But the dates?

Am I unusual that I remember the date (day of the month), nineteen years ago, that we first contacted on-line, and the date that we first met?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sheila and I met online in March 1997 and in person on May 24, 1997 at CVG. We married a year later almost to the day.

Ian
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:18 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

June 23 1990, it was a set-up. At my aunts house, he was putting in an electric shower for her and I was invited down with my mum for tea. I was 17, he was 21 and my aunt is married to his uncle. We have been married 21 years this year.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:35 pm
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of
Talking Re: When and where did you meet your spouse?

2013-Mar - First met, online, in a video-chat for another forum we were both on
2013-Jun - I flew over to Texas to meet for the first time (wow, it was hot)
2014-Sep - After 4 trips back and forth between us, I proposed in Galveston
2014-Nov - UK fiancé visa accepted, and she moved here to be with me
2015-Apr - Married.
2017-Aug - US IR-1 visa accepted, moving to Texas in Nov.

Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

But the dates?

Am I unusual that I remember the date (day of the month), nineteen years ago, that we first contacted on-line, and the date that we first met?
You're just unusual.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

January 8 2015 he sent me a message on Oasis when I was visiting my family in Canada for my mom's 90th birthday. We met face to face the day I arrived back in Australia on January 16th at 9:00 am at Chippy's Beach Shack. We moved in together on July 3 2015.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

Met: 1st July 2006 at a World Cup BBQ in Hackney. England lost to Portugal.

Had been on a first date the evening before (set up via a colleague) and, initially at least, preferred the other man!!!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Met at work in '76. Married 2 years later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.