Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old May 10th 2020, 6:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, let's break it (and your other posts on the subject) down.

The team of 30 detectives have been seconded from other branches. That's because there wasn't already a ready-made team of cruise ship/coronavirus investigators sitting around waiting for a job. Can't think why. I suppose they could have rustled up a few parking meter inspectors instead.

Australian Federal and State government departments, in addition to Carnival Australia, are the ones being investigated. Some cover-up.

The matter is under criminal investigation because there are clear indicators than the country's national biosecurity laws and NSW's state laws have been broken - in order to determine if laws that attract criminal charges if broken have indeed been broken, a criminal investigation is necessary. You know, evidence?

Speaking of evidence, people who were passengers on the ship might have some. That might be why they're being asked to fill in a form with some questions. How you got from that to they're being investigated as terrorists is and will remain a mystery.

NSW Police's criminal investigation will cover the actions of the port authority, ambulance, police, the NSW Health department and Carnival Australia. Tell your chatty cruise friends they're being paranoid, they're not on the list.

The incident was a huge stuff up, and people in Australia would quite like to know how it happened so it doesn't happen again. 2,700 passengers were permitted to disembark, despite several of them having symptoms of the virus, with test results still pending. 10% of known cases of coronavirus in Australia originated from these passengers. 21 of them have died.

If you think all of that is a laughing matter then God help you, because I certainly can't.
Excellently put.Thought about explaining it in a bit of detail last night then figured​​​​​​ it would be beyond his comprehension so I settled for a cup of coffee instead!!!
Old May 10th 2020, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

Indeed it is. From a cursory pick through, apparently Aussie citizens with feet on the shag pile carpets of their Aussie lounges, who have been cooped up in their homes for well over a month, and as far as I'm aware none of whom live anywhere near Sydney's Darling Harbour are far more knowledgeable of the facts than someone on the other side of the world who has the very same access to newspaper and video reports.
Not necessarily correct.
1)I have no carpets.
2) There is not, and never has been, any terror investigation
3) Some Aussie citizens have been working our normal shifts, in the office, dealing with reports directly sent from NSW police to Qld police.
If our local imbecile also has access to those reports, maybe he could say so?

Last edited by Pollyana; May 10th 2020 at 6:44 am.
Old May 10th 2020, 10:12 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not necessarily correct.
1)I have no carpets.
2) There is not, and never has been, any terror investigation
3) Some Aussie citizens have been working our normal shifts, in the office, dealing with reports directly sent from NSW police to Qld police.
If our local imbecile also has access to those reports, maybe he could say so?
Haha, I hadn't spotted that you've also got caught up in all this nonsense!

I was just trying to make sense of the mindless low grade bun-fight that appears to have been smoldering here, without the ball ache of having to read it all. As said above, I don't believe there has been a terror investigation. Everyone can relax now.
Old May 10th 2020, 12:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying I'm an oracle on the Ruby Princess incident but I have been following the investigation and the inquiry on SBS and the ABC. My post stated the facts as they are currently known, andy's posts talked about terrorism investigations and the cruise's passengers being under suspicion, neither of which are facts.
Originally Posted by BEVS
Missus to Missus.
Honestly, don't go there. Walk away. It just means some will escalate everything into something different simply for the say so and without any thought to the actual distress & loss that has been caused .
I'd say those of us in the Antipodes could talk about the ins and the outs sensibly on a dedicated thread but likely certain types looking to just agitate will follow. It really isn't worth it.

May I suggest a nice glass of sherry and simply ignoring the stirrers, idiots, and those with axes to grind. Life's too short, and there are better things to spend time on.
Old May 10th 2020, 11:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
May I suggest a nice glass of sherry and simply ignoring the stirrers, idiots, and those with axes to grind. Life's too short, and there are better things to spend time on.
Quality suggestion . I'll drink to that .
Old May 12th 2020, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
...the elderly (meaning progressively anyone older than about 50)...
U wot m8, who u callin' elderly?
Old May 12th 2020, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Pulaski
including the elderly (meaning progressively anyone older than about 50),.
Originally Posted by zzrmark
U wot m8, who u callin' elderly?
He's asking for a smack at this rate, he's just made me positively geriatric!
Old May 12th 2020, 1:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He's asking for a smack at this rate, he's just made me positively geriatric!

My definition of 'elderly' changes every decade.
When I was 40, 60 was elderly.
When I was 50, 70 was elderly.
Now that I'm 60 - I'm running out of viable 20 year stretches!

Reminds me of my mum, when a local community centre for seniors called her and invited her on a bus outing. Mum, who was 83 at the time, said 'I'm not ready to hang out with old buggers'
Old May 12th 2020, 1:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

My definition of 'elderly' changes every decade.
When I was 40, 60 was elderly.
I'm 40 and 60 seems way too close to consider it elderly
Old May 12th 2020, 1:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm 40 and 60 seems way too close to consider it elderly
Don't worry, you can still kick up your heels and act disgracefully when you're 60. If you need any tips, just ask
Old May 12th 2020, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, you can still kick up your heels and act disgracefully when you're 60. If you need any tips, just ask
When I'm 60 I'll have 10 years to go until retirement. If I'm lucky. If I don't have a full blown existential crisis by the age of 55 I'll die of shock, and then I'll never get to retire.
Old May 12th 2020, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

60 allows you to get into Costco early as a Geriatric.

AARP is 55.
Old May 12th 2020, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

AARP is 50, not 55, but they started mailing me at bout 45!
Old May 12th 2020, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gets worse.
Old May 12th 2020, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
When I'm 60 I'll have 10 years to go until retirement. If I'm lucky. If I don't have a full blown existential crisis by the age of 55 I'll die of shock, and then I'll never get to retire.
The whole wage slave thing is a crock isn't it If I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a cockroach. Free housing, free food, and people avoid them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.