Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old May 6th 2020, 11:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
.... Isn't trump getting them equipped isn't he backing this company who have never done anything before and isn't he trying to get all sorts of stuff ready he is waffling on about building plants and all kinds. ....
I have no idea what you are talking about, and I know that Donald Trump has no clue about what he is taking about. You may be the only person outside the US who places any value on what our fine President says, and I don't spend anytime at all, literally none, listening to his inane/insane blather.
Old May 6th 2020, 11:38 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

All he does is waffle. There is no substance to his words, so 90% of people (excluding the Trump sycophants like Boiler on here) don't listen to anything he has to say. He doesn't have as much power as he thinks he does.
Old May 6th 2020, 11:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
All he does is waffle. There is no substance to his words, so 90% of people (excluding the Trump sycophants like Boiler on here) don't listen to anything he has to say. He doesn't have as much power as he thinks he does.
Are you talking about Donald Trump or Andyrebell?
Old May 6th 2020, 12:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it could apply to both, equally
Old May 6th 2020, 12:04 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, and I know that Donald Trump has no clue about what he is taking about. You may be the only person outside the US who places any value on what our fine President says, and I don't spend anytime at all, literally none, listening to his inane/insane blather.
I do love watching his speeches be fair it is better than the local comedy club. But Trump is relying upon having a vaccine for November so he can be the hero of the piece.

I tell you this much the borders won't reopen until they have one and if they can never find one the borders will never reopen unless the herd immunity aka survival of the fittest becomes the practice.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 6th 2020 at 12:07 pm.
Old May 6th 2020, 4:53 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Logistically it would be a challenge but you could do it. Stop all routine NHS stuff on that day. GP surgeries close and the Doctors and Nurses working in the field. For the area for my MP there are maybe 25 polling stations probably more maybe 50 I have never counted them. They use schools, churches, town halls, libraries. There are 10 GP surgery's probably more, and a hospital doing walk in and out patient work clinic stuff even numerous dental practices fwiw. Those medical staff could staff those poling stations easily. Do the vaccination of our local MP area if you want to call it that in one day do polling station hours. So if you can do it for my area you can do it for every area surely IF you have the logistics in place.
A few ithings to bear in mind:
Not everyone wants to be vaccinated
Not everyone will take to the vaccine
Many people will have medical conditions which advise us against being vaccinated.
Old May 6th 2020, 5:13 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

But Trump is relying upon having a vaccine for November so he can be the hero of the piece.
This is not going to happen. He may not know it himself yet, but he'll find out in due course.

A vaccine this side of next June would surprise me. And that's just to have an effective one that can go into production. Then they will need to roll it out.

Just look at the highest affected countries (approximate numbers)

USA - 328 million doses
UK - 66 million doses
Italy - 60 million doses
Spain - 47 million doses

Near enough half a billion right there. Russia is another 148 million, Japan about 120 million. And that's before we address the 3 BILLION people in China and India.

Honestly November of 2021 is an optimistic estimate. I know Trump doesn't care about the rest of the world but that's the kind of practicality we're looking at.

But take the US by itself - 330 million people give or take, in a country this size, where many people don't live in large cities with reliable transport networks. That in itself is a logistical nightmare.

I was overly optimistic yesterday, but the chances of some kind of effect of the COVID outbreak still being felt in 2022 are high.
Old May 6th 2020, 5:29 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
A few ithings to bear in mind:
Not everyone wants to be vaccinated
Not everyone will take to the vaccine
Many people will have medical conditions which advise us against being vaccinated.
I disagree. I think most people in America and elsewhere do want to be vaccinated to be fair so they can get back to normal and not have to wear a face mask for the rest of the life. And be able to hand out with their friends in a bar, go to the game, go out for a meal. Or not have a temperature check to go to work etc etc. And don't those same medical conditions mean you will die if catch get it? The list of underlying conditions at risk of death with this is longer than your arm as the old saying goes.

Old May 6th 2020, 5:32 pm

I disagree. I think most people in America and elsewhere do want to be vaccinated to be fair so they can get back to normal and not have to wear a face mask for the rest of the life. And be able to hand out with their friends in a bar, go to the game, go out for a meal. Or not have a temperature check to go to work etc etc. And don't those same medical conditions mean you will die if catch get it? The list of underlying conditions at risk of death with this is longer than your arm as the old saying goes.
Please stop "thinking", you don't live in the US and have no idea what is going on, or how many idiots and nit-wits we have living here!

For starters, we apparently have somewhere around 15 million illegal immigrants who are mostly "under the radar" when it comes to healthcare, and another 15 million who apparently don't have health insurance. Many of these may over-lap with the 15 million illegal immigrants, but some don't, and either way we probably have 20+ million who are going to be "hard to reach" with a vaccine. Then there the anti-vaxers, the government conspiracy wing nuts, and the science doubters, and all manner of other froot-loops, who aren't going to listen to common sense when it comes to vaccinations.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 6th 2020 at 5:37 pm.
Old May 6th 2020, 5:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This is not going to happen. He may not know it himself yet, but he'll find out in due course.

A vaccine this side of next June would surprise me. And that's just to have an effective one that can go into production. Then they will need to roll it out.

USA - 328 million doses
UK - 66 million doses
Italy - 60 million doses
Spain - 47 million doses

Near enough half a billion right there. Russia is another 148 million, Japan about 120 million. And that's before we address the 3 BILLION people in China and India.

Honestly November of 2021 is an optimistic estimate. I know Trump doesn't care about the rest of the world but that's the kind of practicality we're looking at.

But take the US by itself - 330 million people give or take, in a country this size, where many people don't live in large cities with reliable transport networks. That in itself is a logistical nightmare.

I was overly optimistic yesterday, but the chances of some kind of effect of the COVID outbreak still being felt in 2022 are high.
Surely with the manufacturer of this it won't be one company doing it? Surely it won't be Pfizer just doing it for instance? I found an a-z listing of Pharmaceutical Companies in America that was 17 pages long. The company that finds the vaccine will be handsomely compensated I am sure but I can also imagine trying to get all these companies to make it if they can and many of them probably can. UK has a wiki page of Pharmaceutical Companies again I think more than 100 though I didn't count them. For what the information is worth.

Could be a logistical nightmare but the schools and election approach I outlined not work and allow it be done in x number of days ONCE you have the needed number of vaccines and you have the logistics down and the logistics can be done as I described. And that might work better than turning up ad-hoc
Old May 6th 2020, 5:57 pm
Often not so civil...

The company that makes the vaccine would be entitled to patent it. They aren't going to give the formula to their competitors to manufacture for nothing.

A pandemic is big business when it comes to drugs.
Old May 6th 2020, 6:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
The company that makes the vaccine would be entitled to patent it. They aren't going to give the formula to their competitors to manufacture for nothing.

A pandemic is big business when it comes to drugs.
I am sure the government will compensate them very well in this case. And could government not just take it on national security grounds?
Old May 6th 2020, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Please stop "thinking", you don't live in the US and have no idea what is going on, or how many idiots and nit-wits we have living here!

For starters, we apparently have somewhere around 15 million illegal immigrants who are mostly "under the radar" when it comes to healthcare, and another 15 million who apparently don't have health insurance. Many of these may over-lap with the 15 million illegal immigrants, but some don't, and either way we probably have 20+ million who are going to be "hard to reach" with a vaccine. Then there the anti-vaxers, the government conspiracy wing nuts, and the science doubters, and all manner of other froot-loops, who aren't going to listen to common sense when it comes to vaccinations.
Could you imagine the uproar if a vaccine is ever found and Trump if still President orders that proof of status in the US is required before you get the vaccination or checking your status when vaccine being administered and if no status immediate arrest
Old May 6th 2020, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Could you imagine the uproar if a vaccine is ever found and Trump if still President orders that proof of status in the US is required before you get the vaccination or checking your status when vaccine being administered and if no status immediate arrest.
Whoever is President will be damned either way - there'll be uproar from some groups and a few idiot politicians, if vaccinations are provided to illegal immigrants at no cost/ low cost even though everyone would be put at risk by a large unvaccinated segment of the population.
Old May 6th 2020, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post

USA - 328 million doses
UK - 66 million doses
Italy - 60 million doses
Spain - 47 million doses

And another 37 million or so for Canada, and to get everyone vaccinated within a year would need 101,369 doses per day, everyday roughly. That would be quite the feat and not sure if it could be done. BC would be at 13,698 per day everyday for a year to get everyone vaccinated.

Granted its not likely 100% of the population would get the vaccine, but you get the idea.

Assuming science find an effective vaccine. Guess we will know in a few months, there have been humans getting injected with trial vaccines since March in Seattle and elsewhere in the world, so time will tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.