Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old Apr 21st 2020, 12:48 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

It's a curiosity. America is a joke to the rest of the world in the age of Trump.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 1:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
that's a bit uncalled for. I work with people who are going to be terribly upset about this.
For many of us, it adds an extra layer of stress right now.
Sending hugs to all who are now worried about how their future looks.
Over 42,000 are dead in the US and you're worried about some people who are going to be "terribly upset" because their visa paperwork is going to be delayed.

Maybe you should be "sending hugs" to the families of those who have died? I think they have a better reason to be "terribly upset".
Old Apr 21st 2020, 1:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think they do. Certainly many on BE do or they would not keep posting about US politics/policies. ....
I have long thought it ironic that those who are not at all sympathetic to America and Americans in general, and complain about American interference in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention protecting Israel, are more than happy to advise America on who they think should be president, or on the changes that "need" to be made to state and federal laws and the US constitution.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Over 42,000 are dead in the US and you're worried about some people who are going to be "terribly upset" because their visa paperwork is going to be delayed.

Maybe you should be "sending hugs" to the families of those who have died? I think they have a better reason to be "terribly upset".
Maybe she wanted to stay on topic?
I don't mention sympathy for victims and families in any of my posts ut it doesn't mean I don't feel it.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 4:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
He says he wants to reopen the country in a few weeks or even the end of the month? Does that reopening just mean within the USA or open the USA borders for tourism.
He isn't going to do jack.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 5:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I have long thought it ironic that those who are not at all sympathetic to America and Americans in general, and complain about American interference in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention protecting Israel, are more than happy to advise America on who they think should be president, or on the changes that "need" to be made to state and federal laws and the US constitution.
Not sure where the irony is. Are people who would want change, not the most likely to suggest change?
Old Apr 21st 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Not sure where the irony is. ....
People (outside the US) who complain about US interference in other countries want to interfere in US domestic politics.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 6:13 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

People (outside the US) who complain about US interference in other countries want to interfere in US domestic politics.
Ah, I see.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The fact that he refers to it as “the invisible enemy” is deeply weird. Reminds me of those wartime cartoons, when Japanese people always wore glasses and had buck teeth. There was a good opinion piece in the New York Times yesterday by Charles Blow. He said that Trump’s actions and statements should be documented, since he’s the president, but they shouldn’t necessarily be reported on and amplified by the news media.
Twitter should have cut him off years ago, if any regular person said some of the things he does they would have been banned long ago.

Twitter banned a Chinese friend I have because he used the word Chinaman to refer to himself, Twitter classified it as hate speech and banned him over it, facebook did as well but he won in the end with facebook, but Twitter refused.

Old Apr 21st 2020, 7:58 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
agreed...definitely no cruises for us this year...probably no cruises next year either.
I wish you'd have a word with my in-laws - they've postponed theirs to next year.

Old Apr 21st 2020, 8:03 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I hope they all go to the wall... the cruise ship industry has so much to answer for, not just in terms of this pandemic, but in terms of labour practices, environmental responsibilty and tax avoidance. And the impact that cruise ships have on places they port at isn't exactly positive on balance either, despite the financial stimulus their arrival provides. At the very least, something radical needs to change in that industry.
I'm afraid I'm with you on that, they're an environmental nightmare.

And apologies to andyrebell but Seattle really does not need the risk of any cruise ships right now. We may think we've got it all under control but the virus is now taking hold in homeless shelters. (FYI Inslee is doing a presser at 5pm PDT this evening, let's see what comes out of that. Current date for relaxing the rules is May 4.)

Old Apr 21st 2020, 8:07 pm
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
that's a bit uncalled for. I work with people who are going to be terribly upset about this.
For many of us, it adds an extra layer of stress right now.
Sending hugs to all who are now worried about how their future looks.
Thank you. Time will tell, and the only thing I worry about is having to put my elderly cats through quarantine (again). We're lucky to have two passports and a property elsewhere.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why are people going to be upset or stressed by the rest of the world's (long held) belief/attitude towards the USA?
I know you want me back in Oz but this is a stressful way of achieving it, MP.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky.

And apologies to andyrebell but Seattle really does not need the risk of any cruise ships right now. We may think we've got it all under control but the virus is now taking hold in homeless shelters. (FYI Inslee is doing a presser at 5pm PDT this evening, let's see what comes out of that. Current date for relaxing the rules is May 4.)
Same here in Vancouver the one to the north of Seattle not the one to the south.. Cruises ships are banned from Canadian ports until July 1st, likely will be extended and while the economic downside will be bad, we don't need cruise ships this summer bringing in thousands at a time, and risking more outbreaks on ships, its pretty clear this thing can't be controlled well on a cruise ship.

So I do hope the government extends the ban through the summer and into the fall, but that is a federal decision, province can't do anything about it, but hopefully the feds do the right thing.

Still no date on when we might get some relaxed rules other than hopefully in May if things go well, but not to normal, gradual and slow and any sign of a big uptick back to restrictions, seems like they expect it to be a cycle for the foreseeable future. They have basically said don't expect fairs, festivals, weddings and such this summer, so seems they plan to leave the restriction on such gatherings.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 1:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
It was the Emerald we are on out of Seattle Sept 20th. I have sent them a facebook message we shall see what they say back. My thing is i would be peed off to cancel and lose deposit only for them to cancel a week later. And we used an agency so it unlikely we would get the cash back from them despite the cancellation by princess they would just say future cruise credit because they can't afford the cash back.
Cunard have extended the date of cruise cancellations, including all Alaska 2020 cruises. Probably other cruise lines will follow.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/contact...lth-advisories

Old Apr 24th 2020, 2:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kooky.
Unfortunately I also have to 100% agree. They do little for local economy. They often require natural harbours to be dredged. They pollute in more ways than one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.