Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When the 2010 world cup begins....

Wikiposts

When the 2010 world cup begins....

Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When the 2010 world cup begins....

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I am so excited not even a big football fan but always loved to watch the world cup, where can I get an England shirt?
Thats a good thought, England shirts....hmmm maybe someone back home can send you one?

walrmart has a british flag shirt (i think its the miley range)

i'll have to have a look around online but i honestly dunno where id find one!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Just wait til you hear the sound of the South Africans blowing those 'trumpet things'. It's going to ruin many a game. Anyone who watched the Confed Cup from there a few months back will know what I'm talking about. I hope I'm wrong but aaaarrrrghhh!!!!

With the kick offs being in the daytime in the USA then there's gonna be a few long days of praying no idiot comes into my office to tell me the scores. Not one single person has mentioned to me about the USA & England being drawn in the same group so I could well be ok.

Here's hoping that the USA & Mexico can make the knock-out stages.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:40 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic

walrmart has a british flag shirt (i think its the miley range)
Union Jack for an England game?
thats just so.........retro!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
1. Tommy Bloody Smyth
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a gobshite.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:22 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a gobshite.
far from it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...us-soccer-espn
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

For an England shirt - try worldsoccershop.com. i bought one for about $25 a while back. I didn't bother with the latest shirt, the older ones are cheaper.

Tommy "Onion bag" Smith is very annoying. Robbie "Middlesbrough Player of the year 1999" Mustoe is much less annoying.

ESPN had Andy Gray for Euro 2008, which was excellent. Hopefully they'll get someone decent in for the World Cup.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:06 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
For an England shirt - try worldsoccershop.com. i bought one for about $25 a while back. I didn't bother with the latest shirt, the older ones are cheaper.
or http://www.soccer.com/Navigation.pro...4959189&Srp=48 - has similar stuff but seem to have more unofficial type stuff that's cheaper.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

I will have just arrived and will have moved into the new house, which of course my English husband will have sorted out for me prior to arrival (aye right!).

I have no doubt the house will be in chaos but the TV/cable/internet/media room will all be sorted.

We are going to throw a big party for all the people we know form his work.

I will take over St George's cross flags, hats and stuff. Naff but nice.

On my arrival, I will go straight to the nearest supermarket/shop and buy a large stars and stripes and will wrap myself up in it and pray to god that the USA win. You can take the girl out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:54 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lazzza
I will have just arrived and will have moved into the new house, which of course my English husband will have sorted out for me prior to arrival (aye right!).

I have no doubt the house will be in chaos but the TV/cable/internet/media room will all be sorted.

We are going to throw a big party for all the people we know form his work.

I will take over St George's cross flags, hats and stuff. Naff but nice.

On my arrival, I will go straight to the nearest supermarket/shop and buy a large stars and stripes and will wrap myself up in it and pray to god that the USA win. You can take the girl out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.
LOL. I remember when we (England) played Argentina in the 2002 World Cup, and one of the papers had a photograph of a board outside a Scottish pub that was showing the game that read "Argentina vs Them".
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAR14
LOL. I remember when we (England) played Argentina in the 2002 World Cup, and one of the papers had a photograph of a board outside a Scottish pub that was showing the game that read "Argentina vs Them".
Hahahaha thats priceless. my mum is scottish so shes one of those incredibly proud scots that would rather see a foreign team win then england.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

to be fair I might adjust my status to 'British' for the day (which is what we Scots do when we want to win something!). I'll see. Looking forward to it though. Should be great fun. I love the World Cup, shame we're (Scotland that is) are not there.