Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What's your secret tv show obsession?

What's your secret tv show obsession?

Old Sep 27th 2018, 2:17 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your secret tv show obsession?

Originally Posted by Steerpike
On the plane coming over to UK I discovered and binge-watched 'The Handmaid's Tale'. Found it very good indeed, watched as many episodes as I could and was sad the flight was over - high praise indeed!

Does one have to have Hulu to see it, or can one get it on some other channels/services (in the US)? I don't want to have to subscribe to Hulu just to keep up with this one!
That's a great documentary though, isn't it ... ?

Anyway, as far as I know you must have a Hulu subscription to see it 'live' as it were but at least the first two seasons are available on Prime Video as well.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 2:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
I like Longmire also but when we moved to new house can no longer get Netflix. The Show supposedly set in Wyoming is filmed in New Mexico.

If you can get APTN they've been running it.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 4:34 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
Better Call Saul. The best thing on US TV. Get it here on Netflix UK the day after it airs in the US. All previous series on Netflix. A good binge watch.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's the best thing on US TV by a long way. Michael McKean should win all the awards for his performance in season three
Unpacking yet another box today, I came across an as yet unwrapped season 1.

Now all I have to do is locate the DVD player.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 7:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Unpacking yet another box today, I came across an as yet unwrapped season 1.

Now all I have to do is locate the DVD player.
It's got to be in there somewhere. Hopefully along with the remote.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 9:55 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

It's got to be in there somewhere. Hopefully along with the remote.
The really weird thing here is that I packed ALL the remotes separately (can't cope with losing one) and I have now found the box containing all the remotes.

My bet is that 'someone else' unpacked the player, and has put it in a 'safe place' until the relevant remote turned up, then buggered off home omitting to mention said accomplishment...

I do love my family, honest.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 4:06 pm
I have a comma problem

The really weird thing here is that I packed ALL the remotes separately (can't cope with losing one) and I have now found the box containing all the remotes.

My bet is that 'someone else' unpacked the player, and has put it in a 'safe place' until the relevant remote turned up, then buggered off home omitting to mention said accomplishment...

I do love my family, honest.
The best laid plans of mice and men ...
Old Sep 28th 2018, 10:11 pm
Gloves off

The best laid plans of mice and men ...
Bingo, it was hiding in (sort of) plain sight... It's OH's birthday weekend and I have been instructed to cook one of my French dishes, haven't done it for many months, I need the hard copy recipe... I did search for the recipe on 't internet but what I found was nothing near it.

Never mind, the recipes folder is in with the books, so start ripping into those boxes, let's try and simplify and just place the books as they are into the bookcases for the moment, and sort them later. Where are the bookcases? Behind the sofa, obviously. Move sofa, da-da, find DVD player, Blu-Ray player and a couple of other bits and pieces.

Component pieces now in hand, apologies for digressing, back to topic....

Really enjoyed Homeland and Fringe as well.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 6:05 pm
I have a comma problem

Really enjoyed Homeland and Fringe as well.
Both great shows.

I really loved Fringe when it was on. You just reminded me with this post that we got the first two seasons on Prime, must have a watch later on.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:24 pm
Gloves off

I think that Fringe was wrapped after 5 series, I got all mine on Blu-Ray, couldn't trust Swiss TV to play them in order, similar for Homeland.

Things may change (recording stuff) here soon, but it's all in Dutch, haven't quite gotten there yet.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:35 pm
I have a comma problem

I think that Fringe was wrapped after 5 series, I got all mine on Blu-Ray, couldn't trust Swiss TV to play them in order, similar for Homeland.

Things may change (recording stuff) here soon, but it's all in Dutch, haven't quite gotten there yet.
Yes, 5 seasons.

Seasons 8-10 of Homeland are currently writing themselves as we speak out here
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:39 pm
Gloves off

Yes, 5 seasons.

Seasons 8-10 of Homeland are currently writing themselves as we speak out here
Cool, thank you, I shall be watching for Homeland catch-ups.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:41 pm
I have a comma problem

Cool, thank you, I shall be watching for Homeland catch-ups.
That was something of a joke. There will (I think) be a season 8, though.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:53 pm
Gloves off

That was something of a joke. There will (I think) be a season 8, though.
Well there you have me... Can't honestly remember the last season of Homeland that I have in stock, and anywayabouts it's still in a box somewhere.

He said hopefully...
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:14 pm
I have a comma problem

Well there you have me... Can't honestly remember the last season of Homeland that I have in stock, and anywayabouts it's still in a box somewhere.

He said hopefully...
The most recent season (which finished airing on US TV in April) was Season 7, if that helps you narrow it down.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 10:03 pm
Gloves off

The most recent season (which finished airing on US TV in April) was Season 7, if that helps you narrow it down.
Cheers that man, the DVD box hunt will continue, but it's not a priority according to OH.

Her that can't see wider than CSI on a day to day basis???

On UK TV she used to watch QI, but binned that when Stephen Fry moved on and handed over to Sandi Toksvig.

I find that Sandi injects far more panel participation, and that QI has really moved on rather than it being "another Stephen Fry show".

I sort of like the guy (on TV, but not his books), but he's recently tried to get bigger than he needs to be at this point. Trying too hard, too soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.