Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What's your secret tv show obsession?

What's your secret tv show obsession?

Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:04 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your secret tv show obsession?

Originally Posted by BEVS
Well, if talky talk cops and robbers shows , I truly loved Hill Street Blues in its day and also Life on Mars but my big love for ages was Deadwood & still is really ., then subsequently Breaking Bad. Deadwood tops it all though.

MrBEVS gets in from work he has to watch The Chase before anything else.

Thumbs up on Deadwood. There's supposed to be an other episode in the works but Ian McShane is up around 78 or 79 now though.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
The latest offering from Hollywood "Captain Marvel" But wait....... Captain Marvel is a woman in this one.... well nothing really wrong in that and her crime fighting partner.... a black male. Together they fight aliens and ALSO sexism on earth. Let me guess... those would be old white male guys. You couldn't make this shit up. I thing Hollywood is now recruiting screen writers from some of the Dem female Presidential candidates
But isn't the whole 'Superhero' genre ridiculous anyway? How some kid was bitten at birth by a spider and gained super powers, or was delivered from a dying planet, then grew up to fight crime and save humanity ... totally bogus. So why not mix up the story a bit and make them women or minorities, or whatever? What you are suggesting is that 'white, male' superheros are 'normal' and having them be women or minorities is suddenly a diversion from common sense ...
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:14 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Never been in a fight in my life. It's pretty easy to avoid them if you aren't a complete wanker, so it would make sense if you've not managed to do the same.
Except on the keyboard these days where it's just as safe as it was hiding out in the school playground lavs. Memories eh ? LOL
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:18 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

PHWORRRRRR Falk as a mafia boss in the 2001 movie Corky Romano. A real man's man keeping the fantasy alive
Where is that thumb going?
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Where is that thumb going?
From the look on her face, I'd say it's already been
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:23 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
But isn't the whole 'Superhero' genre ridiculous anyway? How some kid was bitten at birth by a spider and gained super powers, or was delivered from a dying planet, then grew up to fight crime and save humanity ... totally bogus. So why not mix up the story a bit and make them women or minorities, or whatever? What you are suggesting is that 'white, male' superheros are 'normal' and having them be women or minorities is suddenly a diversion from common sense ...
There have been several Captain Marvel characters anyway. The one in my youth (Mar-Vel) was male but they have not all been. Carol Danvers took over in 2012 or so I think. Hardly a new thing.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Except on the keyboard these days where it's just as safe as it was hiding out in the school playground lavs. Memories eh ? LOL
Are you off your meds again? Playground bogs? Indoor plumbing had been around for a while by the time I got to school. Not all of us grew up before the rise of the Roman Empire, you dozy tart.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steerpike
It's really about the world of comic book characters having moved into the world of adult entertainment.. I used to read this stuff when I was ten for Chrisakes. I can understand a mature adult taking the kids to see this stuff at the movies but at the same time fantasy, walking dead, werewolves, caped crusaders has become meaningful entertainment to the adult world also. Movie makers no longer care much about the products they churn out. It's made to make a few million bucks in short order and then dumped into TV on Demand six months later.

Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, Remains of the Day, To kill a Mockingbird., In the heat of the night.. Who could deny that they were truly great movies. with genuinely gifted actors. Thank god for CDs

Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

It's really about the world of comic book characters having moved into the world of adult entertainment.. I used to read this stuff when I was ten for Chrisakes. I can understand a mature adult taking the kids to see this stuff at the movies but at the same time fantasy, walking dead, werewolves, caped crusaders has become meaningful entertainment to the adult world also. Movie makers no longer care much about the products they churn out. It's made to make a few million bucks in short order and then dumped into TV on Demand six months later.

Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, Remains of the Day, To kill a Mockingbird., In the heat of the night.. Who could deny that they were truly great movies. with genuinely gifted actors. Thank god for CDs
Movies on CD, eh? Do you just listen to the soundtracks? The Zhivago soundtrack was lovely . . .
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Movies on CD, eh? Do you just listen to the soundtracks? The Zhivago soundtrack was lovely . . .
I was impressed he was able to spell CD, to be quite honest.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:58 pm
Banned

Are you off your meds again? Playground bogs? Indoor plumbing had been around for a while by the time I got to school. Not all of us grew up before the rise of the Roman Empire, you dozy tart.
Playground bogs were quite common in schools along with ink wells,and blackboards in post WW2 depressed Britain you self entitled little twat. You seem to find it amusing that there were a generation of kids who grew up in such times, had to do national service. How lucky you were. Now piss off sonny and stop wasting your employers time on the job.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:03 pm

What have the Romans ever done for us?
Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Playground bogs were quite common in schools along with ink wells,and blackboards in post WW2 depressed Britain you self entitled little twat. You seem to find it amusing that there were a generation of kids who grew up in such times, had to do national service. How lucky you were. Now piss off sonny and stop wasting your employers time on the job.
There was a generation of kids who grew up during the Black Plague but you don't hear them whining about it. Mostly because they've been dead for 600 years, but that's beside the point. It's not my fault you're old, and I won't apologize for having an enjoyable childhood.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
What have the Romans ever done for us?
Not nearly enough, mate.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You should stay a lot more in the deep woods of CT along with your inbred New England cracker pals old buddy but I guess they let you use the PC in the local library occasionally. Who actually posted that for you BTW?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.