Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What I like about America. [A politics-free thread]

What I like about America. [A politics-free thread]

Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What I like about America. [A politics-free thread]

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'd like to see them get a Humvee up the Ardoyne Road ...
the gas/petrol bill might be a shock for a humvee
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Surely a Cortina 2000E would have been more suitable ...
Not sure to be honest. That Rover had very good handling and was quite a strongly built car. The latter being very important if you did ever manage to crash it. The Fords of those days were not that well built and disintegrated in a crash.

When I was driving the Q car (Quebec 11) we had a Cortina with a 2.8L engine in it. That thing was too fast for its own good.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:11 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
the gas/petrol bill might be a shock for a humvee
It's OK, because the kind citizens of Belfast like to throw helpful little bottles of petrol at the police, playfully containing a flaming rag, so they could fill up for free if they are quick enough.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Not sure to be honest. That Rover had very good handling and was quite a strongly built car. The latter being very important if you did ever manage to crash it. The Fords of those days were not that well built and disintegrated in a crash.

When I was driving the Q car (Quebec 11) we had a Cortina with a 2.8L engine in it. That thing was too fast for its own good.
I only brought it up because of DCI Hunt

But I do like old Cortinas all the same. Well, they're all old now, aren't they? You know what I mean ...
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen the new Alfa's? One in the local mall, $400 a month lease...which is the same as the nice Jag that was next to it.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 10:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I only brought it up because of DCI Hunt
Yes good one, brain was connected up when I read the previous post.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 4:06 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see them get a Humvee up the Ardoyne Road ...
No problem getting up the Ardoyne Road. A few Abram tanks could do a quick demolition job instead
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 4:11 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

It's OK, because the kind citizens of Belfast like to throw helpful little bottles of petrol at the police, playfully containing a flaming rag, so they could fill up for free if they are quick enough.
Several bottle throwers were burnt to death. It was found out that after filling up the bottles with petrol and lighting the rag they discovered that the bottle was redeemable for 10P and were taking the bottles to the recycling center instead

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 2nd 2017 at 4:13 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone seen the new Alfa's? One in the local mall, $400 a month lease...which is the same as the nice Jag that was next to it.
I saw one at the weekend. Looked pretty nice although from the back could have been mistaken for a Bimmer.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
I saw one at the weekend. Looked pretty nice although from the back could have been mistaken for a Bimmer.
I thought "could be mistaken for a Bimmer" was exactly what FCD was aiming for with the new Alfa.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 1:25 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dc koop
No problem getting up the Ardoyne Road. A few Abram tanks could do a quick demolition job instead
The trick is getting up there and leaving the houses intact.

Lots of windy, hilly streets in the Cavehill/Antrim Road area of Belfast - big, wide, shitty things like Humvees that have the turning circle of Antarctica wouldn't fare well.

Several bottle throwers were burnt to death. It was found out that after filling up the bottles with petrol and lighting the rag they discovered that the bottle was redeemable for 10P and were taking the bottles to the recycling center instead
Never get between an Ulsterman and 10p. It's not worth it. Especially if they're Presbyterians ...
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:05 pm
Banned

The trick is getting up there and leaving the houses intact.

Never get between an Ulsterman and 10p. It's not worth it. Especially if they're Presbyterians ...
How about gunships and Huey type troop carriers doing the job instead? Why bother with cumbersome vehicles ?

The Grand Canyon it's now believed wasn't created by a natural act of nature. The prevailing theory is that a Scotsman lost a quarter while in that area a long time ago and started to dig in search of it. It's also known that he found that quarter

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 2nd 2017 at 7:09 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:17 pm
I have a comma problem

How about gunships and Huey type troop carriers doing the job instead? Why bother with cumbersome vehicles ?
The Eurocopter EC135 already does an adequate job of keeping you awake during the night in July when the PSNI senses there might be some smicks causing trouble in town.

The Grand Canyon it's now believed wasn't created by a natural act of nature. The prevailing theory is that a Scotsman lost a quarter while in that area a long time ago and started to dig in search of it. It's also known that he found that quarter
Of course he found it. He's still be there if he hadn't.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

nickjs247 is an unknown quantity at this point

My fave things state-side:

Breakfast burritos
Good customer service
Cheap fuel (gas)
Better English Premier League coverage than being in the UK
B-dubs
Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:53 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by nickjs247
Breakfast burritos
Honestly, you could have ended the list there and it would have been more than adequate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.