Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What have you been/are doing this Autumn Saturday evening?

What have you been/are doing this Autumn Saturday evening?

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 11:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What have you been/are doing this Autumn Saturday evening?

Well it seems that the Indian Summer we've been having up here in the North East has come to an end. It's been a wet and damp day here in NJ and our driveway and lawns are covered in leaves (the red ones from the maple trees are very pretty).

I've spent the afternoon taking all of my Summer clothes out of the closet and drawers to put away until next year and have been going through the boxes which were shipped over from Switzerland and arrived in late August to retrieve my cold weather clothes. It's a bit frustrating as I can't find some of my favourite sweaters and I hope they made it over here (whenever we've done an international move we always find that some things have gone missing).

My spouse, son and his GF have just been to see the "Jack Reacher" movie - I can't stand Tom Cruise any more so stayed at home sorting out the clothes. However I've been listening to some great music on BBC Radio 2....the Trevor Nelson show (soul) and now the Craig Charles show (funk). Craig Charles is not only a DJ, he was an actor in 'Red Dwarf' and was also in 'Coronation Street'.

It was my spouse's birthday last weekend but he was in working in London and went out to spend a couple of nights with his twin brother and they celebrated together....they are picking me up soon and we're going to a very good Irish pub in the next town over for dinner. It beats going out to a staid Swiss restaurant where the menus never change and eating schnitzel, raclette or fondue
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you been/are doing this Autumn Saturday evening?

Bbq... beautiful day and evening in South Florida.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 12:53 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Chilly start to the day for me in Austin, Texas. Went to the lake to row to see a chilly mist over it. 48F at 7.30 am but Texas is Texas and the rest of the day was drop dead gorgeous and clear and mid 70s. Perfect - did a bit of gardening ( clearing acorns....). I love this time of year, fed up with hiding in the air con and finally out and about.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Cleared up a ton of leaves and then relaxed after clearing up a ton of leaves
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

spent 10 mins doing some aquarium maintenance, went to Wal-Mart for some duct tape, took a nap, surfed the internet.

Been too cool and rainy to do anything outside, but tis the norm this time of year.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 3:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gorgeous here, and first day of second rifle. Had a 6 point Elk in my scope, but it was 550 yds and did not feel comfortable at that distance, should at least had a pot....
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 4:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Awoke to a cool 47 degrees here in MS but the day warmed to the mid 70's. Attended school football games for my two grandsons and then home for an early dinner and to finish up a few chores. Been surfing and watching Acorn the rest of the evening. Raking leaves down here won't be until sometime in mid-November.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Dishes, laundry, kitchen, and bathroom cleaning but I was happy because I was too tired the other days to do anything other than chauffeur.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 7:22 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous day here in Norfolk yesterday, visited five medieval churches, walked on the beach (where there were way more dogs than humans,) and had lunch in an iconic sea front cafe.

Then at home, watched four episodes of a brilliant TV show called Fleabag that my son recommended. Talking to my wife, she was sitting inside in northern New York; it was colder, and had been raining for thirty six hours, she reported.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Atd1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled up my dying tomato plants, I will miss them. Watched Only Fools and Horses on YouTube. Then, again, tried to make Sausage Rolls.

Never tastes the same LOL.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Helped with the olive picking on a brilliantly sunny and very warm day. Home, shower,laundry, wrote another episode in a book I'm co-writing, watched Stranger than Fiction (again). Spoke briefly to OH who's in UK playing with his band at a wedding do. drank a lot of wine-Nice day
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 4:50 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Craig Charles is not only a DJ, he is an actor in 'Red Dwarf'
FIFY

Classic nostalgia still being made, courtesy of Dave!
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sat in the back yard in shorts and tee shirt with a mimosa in my hand celebrating another year survived on this planet.
Old Oct 23rd 2016, 8:21 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philk
Cleared up a ton of leaves and then relaxed after clearing up a ton of leaves
Originally Posted by Atd1970
Pulled up my dying tomato plants, I will miss them.
Yesterday we had some drizzle but I managed to do both of the above, plus some other garden tasks. Raked the first round of fallen leaves (many more to come, haha!) into my garden beds to start the process of mulching them well & especially to protect some of the more tender plants/shrubs from freezing winter temperatures.

I had my tomatoes growing in pots this summer because they keep failing when I plant them in the ground. The pots worked OK but didn't keep the local chipmunks or groundhog from eating some of the crop.... Now I have a pile of tomato dirt to bake in the oven (supposed to kill blight & other diseases) so I can reuse it.

I find putting the garden to bed for the winter JUST as exhausting a job as planting out in the spring and weeding in the summer, but I love all of it so it was a great day.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 2:21 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Went for a walk as we do, ended up going to the end of the pier at Pacific Beach, watched the sun go down over the horizon. The simple things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.