Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:42 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Yup, their energy is incredible.
I was knackered just listening.

One of my top five gigs with Queen, The Jam, Clash, Rush, Huey Lewis and the News..

(I know that's six.)
The Jam is the one band I would fly around the world to see, if they ever reformed

Huey Lewis and the News does not seem to fit on that list
Old Nov 19th 2014, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

'88. Glasgow. Two and a half hours. With Tower of Power. It was fantastic

Damn, forgot about the Manics, they need to be on the list formerly known as top five gigs......

Abba wasn't too shabby in '79 either

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 19th 2014 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:11 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Fleetwood Mac in March. Rumours is one of my all time favourites. I was super excited about getting seats in Row 6 then realised it is in the mezzanine...
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, their energy is incredible.
I was knackered just listening.

One of my top five gigs with Queen, The Jam, Clash, Rush, Huey Lewis and the News..

(I know that's six.)
Two of your six I have seen , three of the six I wouldn't cross the road to see if they put on a free show. Huey Lewis I am indifferent about.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Two of your six I have seen , three of the six I wouldn't cross the road to see if they put on a free show. Huey Lewis I am indifferent about.
It's Queen and Rush isn't it? The two you have seen?
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:25 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Huey Lewis and the News..
Only if I needed relief from weeks of insomnia. With Coldplay as the fall back if all else fails.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Only if I needed relief from weeks of insomnia. ....
Maybe you need a new drug?
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

This thread does nothing but remind me it's been ages since I went to a gig. Two years almost exactly, to be ... well, almost exact.

Was a good one though, Mark Knopfler/Bob Dylan double header. Knopfler stayed on stage to play on the first few Dylan numbers, too. Great stuff
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This thread does nothing but remind me it's been ages since I went to a gig. Two years almost exactly, to be ... well, almost exact.

Was a good one though, Mark Knopfler/Bob Dylan double header. Knopfler stayed on stage to play on the first few Dylan numbers, too. Great stuff. ....
I've never seen Knopfler, unfortunately. I saw Dylan with Tom Petty about 25 years ago, at Wembley Arena. It was totally disappointing even though I bought the ticket primarily to see Tom Petty.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I'm beyond excited that the Foo Fighters are playing 3 miles from my house in September 2015. Tickets go on sale at the box office, to walk ups, on Saturday morning. So I'll be up bright and early.

We've been waiting for the tour dates to be released today, expecting to have to drive to Oakland or San Francisco at best.

It will be great to see them at an outdoor venue, my ears might not bleed for a week afterwards this time
Two dates in Boston in the summer...almost tempting...
I have a comma problem

I've never seen Knopfler, unfortunately. I saw Dylan with Tom Petty about 25 years ago, at Wembley Arena. It was totally disappointing even though I bought the ticket primarily to see Tom Petty.
Seen Knopfler twice, both in his solo career though he played a lot of Dire Straits hits in the first show (only So Far Away in the second, though). Great gigs, though.

Dylan live is an acquired taste. He changes vocal style so often you really don't know what you're going to get. I've seen five of his shows though and loved them all. His band is always excellent.
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you need a new drug?
Well, if laughter is the best medicine, you just gave me a cure!
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:51 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
If you like their music, they are well worth seeing. They put on an amazing show, can really sing/play, and stay on for hours. Well worth the money.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:55 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by N1cky
If you like their music, they are well worth seeing. They put on an amazing show, can really sing/play, and stay on for hours. Well worth the money.
Looks like they're playing Wrigley Field in August. Might see if I can swing some tickets, I'd love to see them, too.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 7:20 pm

Me too. LA. I'll die happy.

Check out their HBO show
Foo Fighters Sonic Highways | The Official Website for the HBO Series
Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Looks like they're playing Wrigley Field in August. Might see if I can swing some tickets, I'd love to see them, too.
Did any of you get tickets in the beat the bot box office sales this morning?

I bagged at hubby to get his butt out the door to get them, he went off grumbling but then sent me a text saying he got ticket 294 out of 300 that were guaranteed tickets. 3 tickets purchased, just have to try not to lose them between now and September. It's a long time since I had paper tickets.

We saw Peter Hook last night too, he did a Joy Division set then a New Order set, I'm not a huge fan, but they were good, but it went on too long. They could have cut an hour of the crap out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.