Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

September.

The XX. Santa Barbara Bowl.
Kasabian. Wiltern Los Angeles.
Tom Petty. Hollywood Bowl.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Tesla - next Monday 8/14, Philmore, Charlotte, NC

Deep Purple - Wednesday 8/23, Bristow, VA

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 9th 2017 at 12:08 am.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

Deep Purple - Wednesday 8/23, Bristow, VA
Showing your age there, as am I by saying that I saw Deep Purple in... 1974. The loudest concert I've ever attended.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Showing your age there, as am I by saying that I saw Deep Purple in... 1974. The loudest concert I've ever attended.
I got into Deep Purple rather late, after a school friend found a copy of Deep Purple in Rock, in this older brother's record collection. I remember listening to it as if it was just yesterday - it was a life-changing experience. We listened to it several times that afternoon.

The other record that my friend found and we listened to, several times, that same afternoon was Scorpions Animal Magnetism.

I saw the Scorpions, likely for the last time, in 2016. This will likely be the last time I see Deep Purple. It's just a pity it won't be with Ritchie Blackmore.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

mproudfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Was supposed to be seeing Linkin Park in Detroit earlier this week, but that was cancelled for obvious reasons. Got tickets to see Green Day (and Catfish & The Bottlemen which I think I'm more excited about) at The Blossom Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH on the 21st of this month.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Marc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond repute

Ed Sheeran aka the ginger busker, taking my eldest boy. I'm not 100% looking forward to it... and that's not just having to drive to LA in rush hour.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I got into Deep Purple rather late, after a school friend found a copy of Deep Purple in Rock, in this older brother's record collection. I remember listening to it as if it was just yesterday - it was a life-changing experience. We listened to it several times that afternoon.

The other record that my friend found and we listened to, several times, that same afternoon was Scorpions Animal Magnetism.

I saw the Scorpions, likely for the last time, in 2016. This will likely be the last time I see Deep Purple. It's just a pity it won't be with Ritchie Blackmore.
Blackmore's Night still tour; different kind of music though :-)

I see Black Country Communion - with ex-Deep Purple Glenn Hughes (and Jason Bonham) - have been raised from the dead, so there's another opportunity to see a band with connections to them.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh neat? Which model are you purchasing? Model 3?

Originally Posted by mproudfoot
Was supposed to be seeing Linkin Park in Detroit earlier this week, but that was cancelled for obvious reasons. Got tickets to see Green Day (and Catfish & The Bottlemen which I think I'm more excited about) at The Blossom Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH on the 21st of this month.
Green Day / Catfish sounds good!

Originally Posted by Marc_ely
Ed Sheeran aka the ginger busker, taking my eldest boy. I'm not 100% looking forward to it... and that's not just having to drive to LA in rush hour.
Ouch, sounds rough.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Blackmore's Night still tour; different kind of music though ....
I've seen them twice, bizarrely once in Charlotte, NC. ..... Also Ritchie has rebooted Rainbow and done a few dates during each of the last two summer. There have been rumours that he might schedule a full-blown US tour, though I am not holding my breath.
.... I see Black Country Communion - with ex-Deep Purple Glenn Hughes (and Jason Bonham) - have been raised from the dead, so there's another opportunity to see a band with connections to them.
I saw that, and somehow BCC had slipped under my radar, but I am about to remedy that by ordering their back catalog. I did however see Jason Bonham last Saturday night with his Led Zeppelin Experience.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I saw that, and somehow BCC had slipped under my radar, but I am about to remedy that by ordering their back catalog. I did however see Jason Bonham last Saturday night with his Led Zeppelin Experience.
Saw the Led Zeppelin Experience at The Warfield in San Francisco a few years ago. Really enjoyable, especially watching the home videos of Jason as a kid with his dad.

Have you watched the video of Deep Purple 'April '74 concert at the Ontario Speedway? That was a month before I saw them and imo that's absolutely classic Purple.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 11th 2017 at 3:42 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Went to an excellent gig last month. Hollywood Bowl.
The two couples behind us were on a first date.
Talked all the time. Didn't pay any attention, whatsoever, to the performance.
Glad they left about three quarters the way through.

A few days later...RIP Tom Petty.

Last week was Paul Weller in Los Angeles.
Two and a half hours, three encores.

This Saturday, 80's group BERLIN.
Next week. Elbow.
End of the month, Stereophonics
Next year, so far. Shed Seven, Franz Ferdinand.

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 3rd 2017 at 10:26 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 10:51 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Went to an excellent gig last month. Hollywood Bowl.
The two couples behind us were on a first date.
Talked all the time. Didn't pay any attention, whatsoever, to the performance.
Glad they left about three quarters the way through.

A few days later...RIP Tom Petty.

Last week was Paul Weller in Los Angeles.
Two and a half hours, three encores.

This Saturday, 80's group BERLIN.
Next week. Elbow.
End of the month, Stereophonics
Next year, so far. Shed Seven, Franz Ferdinand.
You and me have very similar tastes.

We saw Paul Weller at The Fillmore in SF, 3 hours, 3 encores You can't beat ending on a Town Called Malice either
We also have Stereophonics tickets for the end of the month, for their one other US gig in SF.
I'd debated Shed Seven, but it's got to be someone I really love to drive into the city on a week night.

We've got Noel Gallagher tickets for next year. Passed on Liam later this month, for the drive into the city reason. TBH I have no idea which is which anyway.

We also saw The Shins a couple of weeks ago, at The Greek in Berkeley, they were excellent. I really love their albums, but they're a funny group to like, you can't sing along with any of their songs, or even dance to them. The crowd were really appreciative of them though, and went nuts in between songs.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Too true...
Saw Noel last year in San Diego
Also passed on Liam.

Richard Ashcroft was fantastic earlier this year. As was Kasabian.

(Stereophonics always end with Dakota and Mrs Hotscot is from North Dakota.)

(Was pondering my first job the other day..tattie howking..back breaking dirty work. '77
I got paid a fiver and spent it on a Stranglers ticket at Glasgow Apollo.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 3rd 2017 at 11:39 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:29 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

We saw a trio last week, Spin Doctors, Everclear and Smashmouth.
Thankfully I didn't pay for the tickets, so no loss there.

We have the Pink Floyd tribute band 'Brit Floyd' in a couple of weeks. Really looking forwards to that.
Saw Pink Floyd many years ago at Earls Court. Blown away but that concert.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
Saw Pink Floyd many years ago at Earls Court. Blown away but that concert.
Was that in 94/95 for the PULSE tour? Jealous either way, but PULSE is one of my favourite live albums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.