Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old May 12th 2017, 12:29 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by Bob
Paul Weller releasing ‘A Kind of Revolution’ (listen), announces North American tour

Paul Weller, Boston in October....so tempting. House of Blues, not a bad, little venue either.
I've just bought my tickets for The Fillmore. We saw him when he came to San Francisco last year, he was amazing. In you can go, go, you won't regret it. He ended his encore with A Town Called Malice last year, that was worth it alone.
Old May 12th 2017, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I've just bought my tickets for The Fillmore. We saw him when he came to San Francisco last year, he was amazing. In you can go, go, you won't regret it. He ended his encore with A Town Called Malice last year, that was worth it alone.
Would love to see Paul Weller, but it looks like he doesn't get very far south on his tour. Instead, we got along to Florida Georgia Line recently and have just booked tickets for Steve Earle in July. Daughter #1 is going to see Ed Sheeran later this year here in Charleston, SC, and wife is kicking herself for not booking a ticket as well
Old May 24th 2017, 10:13 am
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

So update from last night - booked tickets to see Steve Miller and Peter Frampton, Rod Stewart, Cyndi Lauper and Jethro Tull. A summer of concerts and moving house too, should be a good summer. I also hope to get back to UK to see the Pink Floyd exhibit at the V&A
Old May 24th 2017, 12:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I took the plunge and got a ticket to see Deep Purple. It's going to mean a trek up to DC, but it looks like this might be the last chance to see them tour.

They're not the same without Ritchie Blackmore, but they're still an extraordinary band, and among the many bands I have seen I would still probably put them as my #1 favourite band to see because of their repertoire and musicianship.
Old May 24th 2017, 1:55 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I took the plunge and got a ticket to see Deep Purple. It's going to mean a trek up to DC, but it looks like this might be the last chance to see them tour.

They're not the same without Ritchie Blackmore, but they're still an extraordinary band, and among the many bands I have seen I would still probably put them as my #1 favourite band to see because of their repertoire and musicianship.
What a pain - they are in USA when I will be back in UK, and then they are in UK after I return home. Maybe I can get to Brazil in November.... - actually they are there in December!
Old May 24th 2017, 2:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_r
What a pain - they are in USA when I will be back in UK, and then they are in UK after I return home. Mayb
I had that problem with Molly Hatchet in November 2000 - they played Atlanta the day before I got there, then played London before I got home.
Old May 24th 2017, 2:34 pm
Back in US & happy!

I had that problem with Molly Hatchet in November 2000 - they played Atlanta the day before I got there, then played London before I got home.
I'm also not very good at looking out for band tours, unless they are coming to Rochester or nearby. I was so spoilt in London, seemed like there was a good band there every week. But even in London now, they all seem to play at the O2 arena, which isn't my favourite venue
Old Jun 20th 2017, 12:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Gutted I'm going to miss a couple gigs.

Caravan Palace, awesome bunch of Frogs, doing a gig at the House of Blues 1st July in Boston. Kasabian is playing in September and DJ Shadow, also but those tickets are a bit more of a monster compared to Caravan Palace's $40.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:11 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Wish Ludovico Einaudi was coming down our way :-(
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Queen
Tonight.
Hollywood Bowl.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 7:49 am
Back in US & happy!

So Sunday - The Who were amazing, only Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper and Jethro Tull left to go see, then our summer of concerts will be finished

Must start looking for more to go to...
Old Aug 4th 2017, 11:54 pm

I just snagged a ticket for tomorrow night to see Foreigner and Jason Bonham's "Led Zeppelin Experience". I got it as a resold ticket from Live Nation, and paid less than face value, $125 incl the junk fees, for a seat in Row D!

I haven't been that close to the stage since I lived in London.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 2:13 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Guns N Roses in 30 days' time. Managed to get tickets for $30 each on the 30th anniversary of the release of "Appetite for Destruction".
Old Aug 5th 2017, 2:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I just snagged a ticket for tomorrow night to see Foreigner and Jason Bonham's "Led Zeppelin Experience". I got it as a resold ticket from Live Nation, and paid less than face value, $125 incl the junk fees, for a seat in Row D!

I haven't been that close to the stage since I lived in London.
My mate went to Foreigner/Cheap Trick in Tampa yesterday - good review - he was late today!
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:32 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Green Day tonight, at their homecoming gig in Oakland. I quite like some of their stuff, but wouldn't ever choose to put their album on. I was a little sceptical about going, thought they were probably past their best concert wise. Have to say, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They brought it from the moment they walked onto the stage, kept the tempo up for over 2 hours, looked like they enjoyed every minute of it, and ended with a couple of acoustic songs. If you get chance go and see them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.