Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Oct 8th 2015, 5:04 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Depends on the structure of the tour, I suppose. Sometimes they can mix and match bigger and smaller shows, but I'm sure that's management driving the pricing, rather than the band themselves.
I've never been to the Hollywood Bowl, when we lived in LA it was somewhere I really wanted to go, but ticket prices were always ridiculous.

It's a mix between the band and their management company. If you only want to play 25 shows, then the management company are going to maximize that. If each venue holds an average of 18,000, that's 450,000 tickets. If you say the average will be $75 per ticket, that's over $33 million in ticket sales. I don't imagine they'll play any venues under 15,000 capacity.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 2:33 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone in the Los Angeles area get to see Blur at the Hollywood Bowl the other night?

Just watching a couple of videos online - Fred Armisen came out and did an LA version of 'Parklife' - absolutely hilarious!

Old Oct 26th 2015, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Garbage 20th anniversary tour a couple of weeks ago and Florence and the Machine in Berkeley last week - ah-mazing. Going to see a Barbra Streisand tribute act in a couple of weeks too that should be a laugh!
Old Oct 28th 2015, 9:52 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieBelle
I saw Garbage 20th anniversary tour a couple of weeks ago and Florence and the Machine in Berkeley last week - ah-mazing. Going to see a Barbra Streisand tribute act in a couple of weeks too that should be a laugh!
I saw Florence and the Machine at Red Rocks in August. Epic! Going to see Garbage in a couple of weeks in Manchester.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 4:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

After the fact, but I went to see John Cleese and Eric Idle ten days ago.

Very funny, apart from Eric Idle's song set during the second half; his songs have never really appealled to me.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 5:12 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
After the fact, but I went to see John Cleese and Eric Idle ten days ago.

Very funny, apart from Eric Idle's song set during the second half; his songs have never really appealled to me.
Loved the whole show and the sing-a-longs! Not sure it was entirely suitable for the young kids in front of us though!
Old Nov 10th 2015, 3:52 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
I see The Cure will be touring next year - hope they come somewhere close. Going to see John Cleese and Eric Idle in a couple of weeks.
Wahhoo!!! The Cure dates and venues are out, they're playing at Shoreline in Mountain View, tickets on sale on Friday. That's nice and easy for us.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to North Korea, but if I were, I'd like to see the Moranbong Band. Check out this all-girl band, some might like it. They're all members of the Nork Army, but they're sweet and so is the music.

Old Nov 12th 2015, 2:58 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
... the Nork Army ...

But actually, some nice playing there. I always like listening to songs sung in other languages as well, it's interesting to see how they phrase them, being so used to hearing songs in English, it's sometimes a nice change.

But that keyboard setup - a KORG Kronos and a Roland Jupiter 80. Apart from being on my wish-list right now ($6,000.00 combined price tag notwithstanding) - getting top of the line Japanese synths in North Korea must take some doing. I thought they'd all be using Soviet knockoffs like the Polivoks or something. Impressive
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

But actually, some nice playing there. I always like listening to songs sung in other languages as well, it's interesting to see how they phrase them, being so used to hearing songs in English, it's sometimes a nice change.

But that keyboard setup - a KORG Kronos and a Roland Jupiter 80. Apart from being on my wish-list right now ($6,000.00 combined price tag notwithstanding) - getting top of the line Japanese synths in North Korea must take some doing. I thought they'd all be using Soviet knockoffs like the Polivoks or something. Impressive
Kim Jong Un was behind the formation of the band, so probably no expense was spared to get the best equipment. I was really taken by the cute lead guitarist. North Korean musicians are renowned for the precision of their playing and it's on full display here.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 12:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Kim Jong Un was behind the formation of the band, so probably no expense was spared to get the best equipment. I was really taken by the cute lead guitarist. North Korean musicians are renowned for the precision of their playing and it's on full display here.
It's a sad day indeed when you're jealous of a North Korean state band's keyboard rig

But they are pretty good. I mean, the songs are a bit cheesy and Eurovision-esque, but the musicianship is sound.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Manic Street Preachers
Sat 28th May 2016
Swansea Stadium

Yes!

They're playing the whole Everything Must Go album + other hits. (20th Anniversary.)
Good excuse for a trip to Wales for a week.

(Had to set my alarm to get up at 1.00 am.
Best seats went in seconds, got row B of my requested section.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 13th 2015 at 2:47 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Manic Street Preachers
Sat 28th May 2016
Swansea Stadium

Yes!

They're playing the whole Everything Must Go album + other hits. (20th Anniversary.)
Good excuse for a trip to Wales for a week.

(Had to set my alarm to get up at 1.00 am.
Best seats went in seconds, got row B of my requested section.)
That's a long way to go for a concert though.

Have you seen them before? I was really put off them years ago, when they were on TGIF (or whatever it was called), and his voice was really weak, which surprised me as they belt it out on their albums. It made me think that most of their stuff was so enhanced and not much to do with any singing talent. I'm guessing the recording was just on an off day, as I hear rave reviews about them live, but I just can't imagine it. I do like their singles though, but never think to play an entire album.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
That's a long way to go for a concert though.
Just felt like a 'go for it' moment Nicky, and we'll have our summer holiday around it before we move from California to the East Coast.

Saw them late 90's in Livingston...fantastic. Powerful as hell..plus Mrs H. loves their songs.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 8:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ratatat are going to be playing House of Blues in Boston in middle of January...Not entirely sure if I can make it for some reason but tickets are on sale today.

Doesn't help that when I checked the FB page for HoB's, I was the oldest bloke on the page

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.