Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Oct 6th 2015, 3:11 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by N1cky
Paul Weller at The Fillmore last night. Firstly, this was the first time I'd been to The Fillmore, what a great venue, they have posters made for all the bands who have played there, and lots of these are framed and cover the walls in the bar areas. It was great to look at all these, and see the famous bands who have played there, going back to The Doors and Jimi Hendrix... They also handed out the Paul Weller poster as we left the building last night.

Weller himself was fantastic, he sounded as great as ever, and even said a few words for a change. He played a real mixture of songs, but mainly from his last 2 albums, with some Style Council and Jam songs thrown in. 2 Encores, and the last one was A Town Called Malice, which of course had the place jumping.

I'm seriously considering trying to get down to O.C. for Friday night, to see him there.

So. Cal. folks, he's got 4 nights, at 3 different locations Tue.-Fri. if you can get there, I'd highly recommend you go.
I see he's playing in North Park tomorrow night.
You're tempting me.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 4:34 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
I see he's playing in North Park tomorrow night.
You're tempting me.
Go, you won't regret it. In fact you'll be saying a big thank you!
Old Oct 7th 2015, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

The mighty Killing Joke are playing in LA in January whoop whoop
Old Oct 8th 2015, 3:49 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

I see The Cure will be touring next year - hope they come somewhere close. Going to see John Cleese and Eric Idle in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
I see The Cure will be touring next year - hope they come somewhere close. Going to see John Cleese and Eric Idle in a couple of weeks.
I wanted to go see them at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago, but tickets started at $150. We'd not been here long and were really skint, and didn't have anyone to look after the little one, so we'd have been looking at $450+ for the 3 of us

I too hope they are playing near us, but this time at a reasonable price.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:14 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to go see them at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago, but tickets started at $150. We'd not been here long and were really skint, and didn't have anyone to look after the little one, so we'd have been looking at $450+ for the 3 of us

I too hope they are playing near us, but this time at a reasonable price.
Hollywood Bowl again on May 22nd [edit] and 23rd now [/edit]. Tickets on pre-sale now from $25-$200

Tickets | The Cure - Hollywood CA at Ticketmaster

Last edited by Sheepdip; Oct 8th 2015 at 4:16 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:30 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

First few row seats are a little pricey!
Attached Thumbnails What gig are you going to?-bowl.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

First few row seats are a little pricey!
That's a per ticket price, there? Hell's bells.

That's why I love Bob Dylan, I've never paid more than about $40.00 to see him
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:39 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's a per ticket price, there? Hell's bells.
Yep but it is the first few 'platinum' rows. $25-$200 for most everywhere else.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yep but it is the first few 'platinum' rows. $25-$200 for most everywhere else.
Is it seated then?

I've been up front at a few Dylan shows, but it was standing only.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:45 pm

Hollywood Bowl again on May 22nd [edit] and 23rd now [/edit]. Tickets on pre-sale now from $25-$200

Tickets | The Cure - Hollywood CA at Ticketmaster
Hopefully they'll do something in SF area. Why would you announce you are doing 25 shows, but only 3 venues revealed now, with the rest to be revealed in January 2016. You surely know now, just release them all.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:47 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Is it seated then?

Not familiar with the venue but I assume it must be? Went to the Booth Amphitheatre, NC recently to see Culture Club and the front section we were in had fold out seats for the gig while the back was the traditional first come first served lawn area.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:51 pm
I have a comma problem

Not familiar with the venue but I assume it must be? Went to the Booth Amphitheatre, NC recently to see Culture Club and the front section we were in had fold out seats for the gig while the back was the traditional first come first served lawn area.
For that price, it had better be seated
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:54 pm

Is it seated then?

I think it's seating only, holding around 18,000.

I prefer to see bands in smaller venues, but when you can sell out that many tickets, why would you play somewhere that only holds 1,000 standing.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

I think it's seating only, holding around 18,000.

I prefer to see bands in smaller venues, but when you can sell out that many tickets, why would you play somewhere that only holds 1,000 standing.
Depends on the structure of the tour, I suppose. Sometimes they can mix and match bigger and smaller shows, but I'm sure that's management driving the pricing, rather than the band themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.