Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old May 3rd 2015, 6:11 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Florence and the Machine at Red Rocks August 3rd. Mark Knopfler is there 23 September but I will have left by then so will have to live vicariously through my son. I can only imagine what an amazing sound that will be.

Saw Mumford & Sons at the Corn Exchange in Brighton last Monday. Their first performance mixing the tried and true with their new. Seen them before and they are always a great crowd pleaser. The Brits do love a sing-a-long.

If you like soul and you ever get the chance to see St Paul & the Broken Bones, don't miss the opportunity. Saw them at the Shepherd's Bush Empire a few weeks ago and they were every bit as good as I had been told they'd be. Great voice, excellent performer and fabulous musicians. They were so good, I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.
Eddie Izzard (In Bakersfield of all places.)
Foo Fighters.
Old May 3rd 2015, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Foo Fighters.
Also off to see Noel Gallagher on the 18th in San francisco, can't wait!
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:25 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Kaiser Chiefs last night - twas good!
Old May 4th 2015, 2:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I spent the day at the first day of the Carolina Rebellion festival. It's the first festival I have been to in almost 14 years, since I came to the US. In many respects it was very familar, but the experience didn't seem somehow "authentic". Perhaps it was that it didn't rain, the resulting lack of mud, or perhaps it was that there were virtually no bottles thrown?

Anyhow I passed on the early bands, none of which I recognized, and a bit of YouTube research revealed that I wasn't missing anything interesting. I started out seeing Chevelle, a very heavy but remarkably slick power trio, that sounded like a cross between a slowed down and polished Motörhead, and Muse, then I caught all but the first few minutes of Cheap Trick (bands were running consecutive shows on four stages, spead over a half mile tract of land). I then moved on to Papa Roach, but wasn't impressed, so I went back to the stage where I had seen Chevelle and found a spot ready for Rise Against. They put on a good show, but I left a few minutes before the end of their set to be sure to catch the Sammy Hagar show from the start. I got fairly close to the stage, maybe 50-60ft back, and he and his band put on a great show, playing for 65 minutes they played songs from throughout Sammy's career, from Montrose to Van Halen, plus three Led Zeppelin songs, in part no doubt because Jason Bonham was playing drums, along side Michael Anthony on Bass, so a super-tight rhythm section!
Part 2: Queensryche, Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin (part set), and Slash. All were good, Halestorm were very good. But it was worth going just to see Slash, he and his current band were excellent.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 4th 2015 at 2:08 am.
Old May 4th 2015, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Kaiser Chiefs last night - twas good!
Any riots?
Old May 5th 2015, 2:19 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

We saw kaiser chiefs too in Austin, was really good.
Off to see Rush in a week or so. Hubby is super-excited since they are one of his favourites..23 cds and counting. The concert is at the Circuit of the Americas formula 1 place. The parking there is a nightmare, last time I went there it took 2.5 hours just to get out of the bloody carpark.

Last edited by petitefrancaise; May 5th 2015 at 2:21 pm.
Old May 5th 2015, 2:30 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Brian Adams, Culture Club and U2.
Old May 20th 2015, 5:49 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Foo Fighters.
Originally Posted by cheradenine
Also off to see Noel Gallagher on the 18th in San francisco, can't wait!
How was Noel Gallagher? I really wanted to go, but Monday nights in the city are just too difficult.

Just bought tickets to see Paul Weller at The Fillmore in SF, in October
Old May 20th 2015, 6:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Just bought tickets to see Paul Weller at The Fillmore in SF, in October
Now that takes me back, hope that's a good one.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

phodg is an unknown quantity at this point

Weller's playing the Vic in Chicago on June 17th.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:20 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Now that takes me back, hope that's a good one.
I've seen him before, and he was brilliant, but... the only words he spoke to the audience were "good night". From recent reviews I don't think anything has changed, but I do think he's f***ing amazing. Just read a review from March where he finished his 3rd encore with a Town Called Malice, I might just pee myself if he plays that in SF.

I would have loved to see The Jam, and if they were ever to get back together, (which seems like Weller would rather chop his arms off than do that) I'd be paying whatever it took for tickets and flights home.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I've seen him before, and he was brilliant, but... the only words he spoke to the audience were "good night". From recent reviews I don't think anything has changed, but I do think he's f***ing amazing. Just read a review from March where he finished his 3rd encore with a Town Called Malice, I might just pee myself if he plays that in SF.

I would have loved to see The Jam, and if they were ever to get back together, (which seems like Weller would rather chop his arms off than do that) I'd be paying whatever it took for tickets and flights home.
Nice one. Stanley Road was my favourite of his, if he still does stuff of that album, all will be well

As far as not talking, I'm fine with that as long as the music is still good, and it sounds like in this case it is.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

phodg is an unknown quantity at this point

No chance the Jam will reform. Weller said his kids would have to be starving before he'd even entertain it.
But "From The Jam" are still knocking around. That used to be Foxton, Buckler and a couple of other guys who just played a set full of Jam songs. We saw them a few times in Chicago. I think Buckler left since then, though, so it's just Foxton and his mates. But even so, still a great night out.
Old May 20th 2015, 6:24 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by phodg
Weller's playing the Vic in Chicago on June 17th.
Might be able to swing it ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.