Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by mommapudding
N1cky and Penguinbar - DJ Shadow and the Cut Chemist (turntable DJs) were playing a bunch of records from Afrika Bambaataa's record collection, so it was a history of hip hop told through their skills on six turntables, music that was old on the scene even when I was in it, back in the day. Hubby is an old school hip hop fan. Great to see a bunch of middle aged ravers jumping up and down in Charlotte, the crowd was pretty diverse, someone even started breakdancing
Sounds good. Not my thing, but I love that there is something for everyone and people enjoy themselves when they go. I love people watching at concerts, you often get a real diverse bunch of people.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

In my old age I've discovered a taste for dance music...Avicii, David Guetta, Martin Garrix et al...
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I just bought tickets to see Chrissie Hynde in November
Was thinking of getting her new LP..great voice. Long time crush. (But I told her I was married.)
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:37 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
In my old age I've discovered a taste for dance music...Avicii, David Guetta, Martin Garrix et al...
I like some new stuff. I love old school dance music, before it turned into bleeping and farting.

I enjoy some pieces out of most kinds of music. I listen to Radio 6 all day, as they play a real diverse playlist (and the chat is mainly good). I hear some things on there that I'd never hear anywhere else. I often enjoy listening to a song from a totally different genre, and although I'd never listen to an entire album, as 1 song in the middle of other things, can really enjoy it, or at least appreciate it. Kate Tempest was on the show I listened to today, I'm not a rap fan, but wow! what a talent she is. It's great that someone who in the past would never have got any airplay can find an audience and be played on mainstream radio.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I graduated to Radio 2 when Radio 1 filled up with screaming buffoons without an ounce of historical music knowledge.

Alex Lester and Richard Allinson both sound like likely candidates for the Trailer Park here...
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Have you? Or are you just trying to appear cool?
Old Sep 12th 2014, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I like listening.
But dance like a spastic monkey.
The whole rhythm thing eludes me...
Old Sep 13th 2014, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

LOL @ Hotscot
I was amazed how few people danced at gigs here when we first arrived in NC, so it always makes me happy when people dance at all. My middle age spread only enhances the delightful spastic monkey image I must create to others, but the middle age means I care a little less what they might think a perk to getting older, apart from affording better tickets
Curiously I've developed an appreciation for bluegrass music since we've been here too, or maybe it's just the free music festivals and beer?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm with you on the not giving a damn as I get older.
Ain't it great?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda regret not going to see RJD2 with my friends on Friday, they all ended up hanging out with him after the show.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:49 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

N1cky and Penguinbar - DJ Shadow and the Cut Chemist (turntable DJs) were playing a bunch of records from Afrika Bambaataa's record collection, so it was a history of hip hop told through their skills on six turntables, music that was old on the scene even when I was in it, back in the day. Hubby is an old school hip hop fan. Great to see a bunch of middle aged ravers jumping up and down in Charlotte, the crowd was pretty diverse, someone even started breakdancing
Thanks. Not into hip hop at all. My cousin Dan has a hip hop band called the GunPoets if you're into that sort of music. They recently released an album.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 10:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Went to DJ Shadow last night. Amazing.
Kicking it old skool...that's awesome!

And Cut Chemist!
Old Sep 17th 2014, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

We have been living it up here in Charleston, SC with trips to Gillian Welch and a couple of nights ago Laura Ball and Friends with their 'Beatles, Bach and Beer vol IV' show. Might be showing my age when the i enjoyed leaving the house 20 mins before the show started, parking next door to the Music Hall, grabbing a beer on the way into the auditorium, another at half time, then home 20 mins after they walked off stage as much as the shows themselves
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

A proxy one - my daughter's going to DJ Hodor's 'Rave of Thrones'
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

H Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
A proxy one - my daughter's going to DJ Hodor's 'Rave of Thrones'
I saw that and thought about it - but then realized 'rave' probably wasnt my thing.

After struggling to find any decent shows since we got here - there seems to be a load on now. Went to Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat and Hell Yeah 2 weeks ago, and Black Dahlia Murder, Suicide Silence and Chelsea Grin last week.
Got Onslaught next week, and then Whitechapel the week after. Slipknot and Korn are lined up for December too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.