Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by hotscot
I saw all of Queen back in the 80's

I first saw Queen in the early 70's at the Hammersmith Odeon....
Nobody'd heard of them....they were the opening act at a Mott The Hoople gig.

They wore white lycra jumpsuits with fringes on the sleeves
Old Jun 4th 2014, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Trying to talk the wife into getting tickets to see Paul Weller in September if that counts.
Where's he playing?
Old Jun 4th 2014, 2:00 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

We are off to Bumbershoot in August, its a three-dayer. We got tickets for Saturday. Elvis Costello is headlining. Well Wu Tang Clan is ahead of him on the bill, but I think I might be leaving by then. I like going to Bumbershoot as it exposes me to a whole bunch of new music I don't know. Kids are free, which helps

http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/
Old Jun 4th 2014, 2:18 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Of course it does. Saw him in a huge arena a few years ago, he was good, although I'm not a fan of comedy in arenas. Hope you are seeing him somewhere smaller.
It was in the Blumenthal Performing arts centre - a newish 'traditional' style theatre. Was absolutely brilliant and he did a little Q&A after the show in the lobby.

Saw Depeche Mode last year at the Aaron Amphitheatre in Atlanta. Great gig and not a bad venue.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought tickets for Tom Petty in September, supported by Steve Winwood. Should be a good gig I hope but I am beginning to get more than a little fed up of extra ticket charges... booking fee = ridiculous, 'convenience charge' = ludicrous, but what got my goat more with the Tom Petty tickets was the $3.25 charge to print them at home, using my own printer, ink, paper & electricity!!!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:29 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainsensible
Just bought tickets for Tom Petty in September, supported by Steve Winwood. Should be a good gig I hope but I am beginning to get more than a little fed up of extra ticket charges... booking fee = ridiculous, 'convenience charge' = ludicrous, but what got my goat more with the Tom Petty tickets was the $3.25 charge to print them at home, using my own printer, ink, paper & electricity!!!
That pisses me off no end too. I always love the facility usage fee, can I see the concert without using the facility?

They break it out due to the taxes I believe, but I wish they'd just wrap it all up and show the total cost.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Elton John, Katy Perry and Bruno Mars all in the next 10 days.. oh and of course listening to my OH at the local karaoke - he's becoming a bit of a celebrity.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 10:04 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainsensible
I just bought tickets for "The Book of Mormon". For two cheap ($45.00) tickets the extra was $30.00. A third on top, beyond ridiculous. I decided to take the bus down town and upgarde to $60.00 tickets, either way the total was $120.00 and a bit of change. But really I was just being pig headed and refusing to pay that kind of over-head. This hiding of costs just seems rampant, most obvious with ticketing, but hidden costs are everywhere. Tax to be added, tips to add on. Drives me nuts.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
We are off to Bumbershoot in August, its a three-dayer. We got tickets for Saturday. Elvis Costello is headlining. Well Wu Tang Clan is ahead of him on the bill, but I think I might be leaving by then. I like going to Bumbershoot as it exposes me to a whole bunch of new music I don't know. Kids are free, which helps

http://bumbershoot.org/lineup/
The Wu-Tang Clan are by far the best act I've seen, and probably ever will see, live.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 8:22 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Echo and the Bunnymen were fantastic tonight. Great show with a good mix of songs. Nice little venue too, Regency Ballroom in SF, only holds around 1,000 people
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Shes back, I would love to be to be able to see her.

Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, review: 'still wondrous, rich and powerful' - Telegraph
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Damn...
Old Aug 27th 2014, 5:15 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I just bought tickets for "The Book of Mormon". For two cheap ($45.00) tickets the extra was $30.00. A third on top, beyond ridiculous. I decided to take the bus down town and upgarde to $60.00 tickets, either way the total was $120.00 and a bit of change. But really I was just being pig headed and refusing to pay that kind of over-head. This hiding of costs just seems rampant, most obvious with ticketing, but hidden costs are everywhere. Tax to be added, tips to add on. Drives me nuts.
btw, not a gig, but The Book of Mormon was fun, and much more sympathetic to religion than I was expecting.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 4:55 am
He/him

Big Freedia

Wow this was a lot of fun.
For those not in the know, Big Freedia, is a "bounce" hip hop performer. Bounce being a style made for twerking, there is Freedia, a DJ and 4 dancers, 2 men, 2 women. The woman do a lot of twerking. In the day, I remember rock bands had drum solos, these days the DJ sets up a beat and they take turns doing twerk solos. Big Freedia is an entertainer, and the show was a lot of fun. My eight year old daughter does dance, I just hope she does not try to get every one twerking at the hip hop dance class.

Old Aug 31st 2014, 4:43 pm
He/him

Elvis Costello

Was a bit worried that this would just be nostalgia, as I am most familiar with his first three albums and thats over 30 years ago. I thought that he might not even bother with the old stuff, but there was plenty, Detectives, Pump it Up, Olivers Army, and the best song ever by anyone Alison. All the stuff I was less familiar with sounded great too. Nothing sounded old fashioned or dated, a tribute to his writing, it is all timeless. He is a real elder statesman of song writing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.