Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What Gifts did you get!

Wikiposts

What Gifts did you get!

Old Dec 25th 2009, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Gifts did you get!

I got the Fly of the Month (I fly-fish, so this was a great gift), and a new Snow Peak Giga Power stove (for backpacking) from my FIL. From my OH I got a new lightweight sleeping bag and a Calvin Klein peacoat. From the BIL was a gift certificate to REI (my favorite store) and one to Barnes and Noble.

Others included subscriptions to the local paper and various magazines, along with other items of clothes and a good pair of Orvis slippers and smartwool socks
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I got an official Red Ryder lever action carbine BB gun,

.........you'll shoot your eye out!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:13 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
.........you'll shoot your eye out!
We're watching it right now!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:16 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I got an official Red Ryder lever action carbine BB gun, Greg Bear's new novel "Mariposa" and Harry Turtledove's new Atlantis one, the new Tom Waits live album - Glitter and Doom and, technically, you could count my Ruger LCP as a Christmas present, even though I got it a few days early.

SWMBO got a little .22 Derringer (and her very own box of ammo), an electric foot massager, a pedicure set, the new Rammstein album and the new Jack McDevitt novel.

The Kitten got lots of kitten toys, including a mousey that squeaks when she touches it and will be having red salmon for her Christmas lunch.
That reminds me....we have a movie to watch later.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:17 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Clothes
Pandora Bracelet & Gift Cert for Charms
Barnes & Noble Gift Cert
Cadbury's Dairy Milk
Cadbury's Eclairs
I'm jealous
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

The house used for the exterior shots is on West 11th St. in Cleveland, less than a mile from where I work. A big fan of the film bought it and has restored it to how it looked in the movie.

No, I haven't visited
Old Dec 25th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Up here, we're practically in Colorado, so the cold is not that unusual. Water falling from the sky however...

Scary! Glad you made it home safe.
We were travelling back from Colorado yesterday...getting out of Vail at 6:30am in the snow was a piece of cake compared to the carnage on the Texas roads yesterday evening. Luckily everything is thawing now
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:09 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

I got...
Kitchenaid food mixer and handheld vacuum cleamer - Im so domesticated!! Also a recipe keeper, bunny suicides diary and calender, and the complete Blackadder collection on dvd

Hubby got a cordless drill and an xbox and far too many tshirts and pj pants!!!

cats were totally spoiled and have their toys scattered all over the place, am waiting to see who trips over a ball first!!!

We've just been for "lunch" at our friends, complete with deep fried turkey, brocolli casserole and sweet potatos....now im about to stick our turkey in the oven for a traditional dinner - complete with sprouts
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:43 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to spread karma before more for you.

Merry Xmas mate. Hope 2010 is good to you!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm over the moon with my new Shark Steam Mop!!! I also got some much needed slippers. Best of all, I am truly blessed that all my family is within traveling distance (unlike my DH), and that all are happy and relatively healthy. Of course, more and more, it's looking like we'll be back in the UK for next Christmas.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Gannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Loads of English foods including, Paxo, Xmas Cake. Branston pickle, Prawn Cocktail crips and a BOMBAY BAD BOY!
Another lucky Branston Pickle recipient here, two 720g jars! Plus a ton of real Cadbury's chocolate and two tins of Ambrosia Devon Custard to go over the mini Christmas puddings my niece sent me.

I also got a rather nifty woolen overcoat from my lovely wife (the new proud Shark owner above). And Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a selection box, which I got from my brother.

BTW, do they still do those oversized tubes of Smarties and Fruit Pastilles at Christmas time?

Last edited by Gannett; Dec 25th 2009 at 9:33 am. Reason: Added extra stuff
Old Dec 25th 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Gannett
I also got a rather nifty woolen overcoat from my lovely wife (the new proud Shark owner above).
May I be the first of all the men here to congratulate you, Sir, on buying your wife cleaning products for Christmas.

You are outstanding, and a shining example to us all!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 10:29 am
Queen of my house

Me: Kindle (got it early though), books, Este Lauder smellies/makeup galore, necklace/earrings, auto change counter for car that looks like a travel coffee cup, slippers, and a large selection of sour candy.

Hubs: Bose Sounddock system for iPod/iPhone, "Ever Decreasing Circles" complete series DVD, England shirt, ref equipment, CDs, books, slippers, diary, and a Leatherman. (almost forgot...some Turkish Delight)

And we have't seen the parents yet. We celebrate on New Year's with my mom/stepdad, dad/stepmom, and brothers/families (yes all together at my dad's!)

Last edited by tamms_1965; Dec 25th 2009 at 10:36 am.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

I got:
money to pay the bills with
property tax paid
clothes
nip/tuck season 4 dvd
computer game (MW2)
a box full of galaxy and cadbury chocolates from the UK

kitties got:
pirate ship play house
enough treats to last them a good while
a feather and bell on a stick
about 100 toy mice
Old Dec 25th 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
pirate ship play house
Cool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.