British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/what-ever-happened-missing-member-thread-884413/)

scrubbedexpat097 Jun 10th 2017 1:09 pm

Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 12269989)
GOOD to see you Robin, Lion and Sally!!!!

:thumbsup::starsmile:

Sally Redux Jun 10th 2017 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 12269989)
GOOD to see you Robin, Lion and Sally!!!!

Hi Cindy! x

Nutmegger Jun 10th 2017 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 12266754)
Why thank you! It was a case of whatever happened to...? myself as I was trying to log in as Sally.

:wave:

cindyabs Jun 11th 2017 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 12270074)
Hi Cindy! x

Hiya! :starsmile:

Sally Redux Jun 11th 2017 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12270098)

Hi! How are you? :wave:

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 12270249)
Hiya! :starsmile:

Nutmegger Jun 11th 2017 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 12270603)
Hi! How are you? :wave:

Everything is great in the deep woods -- especially as, after weeks of chilly wet weather, the mercury is heading for 90 today and I am having a lovely time working in the garden! How are things with you?

Sally Redux Jun 11th 2017 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12270633)
Everything is great in the deep woods -- especially as, after weeks of chilly wet weather, the mercury is heading for 90 today and I am having a lovely time working in the garden! How are things with you?

That's good to hear! Doing well here all in all, I must get around to a proper write up as it's coming up to three years back now. x

Rockgurl Jun 13th 2017 3:34 pm

Well I'm absolutely gutted that nobody's missed me! :p I'm still in the USA and still in Connecticut...going on 14 years now. Just applied for my citizenship actually. About bloody time too. I pop in and read every now and again but I'm an anti-social old git these days. :rolleyes:

Rete Jun 13th 2017 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rockgurl (Post 12272214)
Well I'm absolutely gutted that nobody's missed me! :p I'm still in the USA and still in Connecticut...going on 14 years now. Just applied for my citizenship actually. About bloody time too. I pop in and read every now and again but I'm an anti-social old git these days. :rolleyes:

Hey, now here is a lovely voice from the past. Nice to see you again RG. Wow 14 years. Doesn't seem all that long ago that you were a regular poster here. Congrats on your application for naturalization. Going to be putting USCIS right where it belongs in your ... a locked file drawer never to be opened again.

Rockgurl Jun 13th 2017 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12272238)
Hey, now here is a lovely voice from the past. Nice to see you again RG. Wow 14 years. Doesn't seem all that long ago that you were a regular poster here. Congrats on your application for naturalization. Going to be putting USCIS right where it belongs in your ... a locked file drawer never to be opened again.

Hi Rete! Good to hear from you. Yes indeedy, I am definitely looking forward to that. I've been inspired by Trumpypants so that's why I'm getting my citizenship. I'm thinking green card holders will be fine but who the heck knows in this day and age. Just want to be safe. Been here too long to start over again.

Nutmegger Jun 13th 2017 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rockgurl (Post 12272268)
I've been inspired by Trumpypants so that's why I'm getting my citizenship. I'm thinking green card holders will be fine but who the heck knows in this day and age. Just want to be safe. Been here too long to start over again.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose -- that's why I naturalized in 1996, xenophobia was on the rise and I figured better safe than sorry!

Rockgurl Jun 13th 2017 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12272289)
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose -- that's why I naturalized in 1996, xenophobia was on the rise and I figured better safe than sorry!

Wow, that long ago, eh? I've only been feeling the heat lately. Not sure I like the direction everything is headed in. It was definitely time, if not overdue. Seems like things can change overnight. Waving at you from the middle of the state! :wave:

Nutmegger Jun 13th 2017 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Rockgurl (Post 12272310)
Wow, that long ago, eh? I've only been feeling the heat lately. Not sure I like the direction everything is headed in. It was definitely time, if not overdue. Seems like things can change overnight. Waving at you from the middle of the state! :wave:

Indeed, things had started to change way back then -- but what seemed bad at the time is a drop in the ocean compared to the current climate. Hi from Fairfield County! :wave:

cindyabs Jun 15th 2017 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Rockgurl (Post 12272214)

Well it IS good to see ya, :thumbsup:

Rockgurl Jun 15th 2017 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 12273418)
Well it IS good to see ya, :thumbsup:

Hello there stranger! :wave: