British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/what-ever-happened-missing-member-thread-884413/)

Rete Oct 11th 2016 3:08 pm

Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12073777)
Are we talking about the same person? :unsure: The Patrick I was talking about was ex-military (UK, army) and doing something with PC's and low-level tech support. His wife had a well paid job of some sort and appeared to be the breadwinner. He lived somewhere near Wilmington, NC, very close to the beach. I think he moved up towards Raleigh a few years later. He was abrasive and foul-mouthed.

No, we are not. Realized there was another Patrick on BE and that was the one referred to. He and his wife had multiple foster children if I am remembering correctly. Ignore my post.

Jerseygirl Oct 11th 2016 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12073773)
I met up with Patrick on one of his runs to Yonkers to the Sugar House when he worked for Ben & Jerry. Believe he had it with the many arguments in the Lounge and left in a snit. I know he was very active on FB and believe he is still living in upper NYS near Lake George.

I think you are talking about Patrick Hasler Rete...not the original Patrick...http://britishexpats.com/forum/members/patrick-2136/.

Nutek Oct 11th 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12073786)
I think you are talking about Patrick Hasler Rete...not the original Patrick...http://britishexpats.com/forum/members/patrick-2136/.

Patrick... What a fine name. :nod:

Wintersong Oct 11th 2016 3:11 pm

Desdemona
Dolly Daydream
Celtic Angel
Gruffbrown
cindyabs

I've seen Ray and AmerLisa here and there, but not a whole lot.

Pulaski Oct 11th 2016 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12073786)

Yup, that was him, "Pagan Sex God". :rolleyes:

Jerseygirl Oct 11th 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by theOAP (Post 12073673)
Regards dunroving:

He made several posts on the UK Yankee site about a month ago in mid-September. His only comment concerning his health was "As a result of health issues I no longer spend time on internet forums". Nothing more was said about how he's doing.

Tax on 401k lump sum distribution for UK citizen/resident?

Reply #33

I also miss JAJ.

Thank you for posting that OAP.

Jerseygirl Oct 11th 2016 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wintersong (Post 12073790)
Desdemona
Dolly Daydream
Celtic Angel
Gruffbrown
cindyabs

I've seen Ray and AmerLisa here and there, but not a whole lot.

My dear friend Dolly passed away. :(

Desi was banned after repeated warnings. I think Gruff and Cinds left us for FB. :(

The Granddaddy of BE Ray posts when he can.

Wintersong Oct 11th 2016 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12073812)
My dear friend Dolly passed away. :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :(

mrken30 Oct 11th 2016 3:45 pm

Does anyone have things in place to post anything on the internet if anything happens to them. Back in the past an advert in the local paper would suffice to inform everyone that knew you. My wife has access to my passwords should anything happen to me and vice versa. Just curious what other people have in place.

Jerseygirl Oct 11th 2016 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12073824)
Does anyone have things in place to post anything on the internet if anything happens to them. Back in the past an advert in the local paper would suffice to inform everyone that knew you. My wife has access to my passwords should anything happen to me and vice versa. Just curious what other people have in place.

Quite often a family member will let us know...either by phone, PM/email or post on here.

Sometimes a family member has opened an account so they can post.

Nutek Oct 11th 2016 4:24 pm

You can register for something like "Dead Man's Switch" (There are a few around). Ok in principal I guess, so long as it doesn't misfire.

https://www.deadmansswitch.net/

When I go the internet will breathe a huge sigh of relief. :D

Jerseygirl Oct 11th 2016 4:27 pm

People I miss...

Ray
AWP
Rushman
Patrick Hasler
Deb
Sarah
Britvic

It was a very different BE when the above members were around. Tears of laughter often ran down my face. I also miss the old Leslie. ;)

There are a handful of members who I was glad to see the back off...but I will keep the names to myself. :sneaky:

Wintersong Oct 11th 2016 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12073856)
People I miss...

Ray
AWP
Rushman
Patrick Hasler
Deb
Sarah
Britvic

It was a very different BE when the above members were around. Tears of laughter often ran down my face. I also miss the old Leslie. ;)

There are a handful of members who I was glad to see the back off...but I will keep the names to myself. :sneaky:

There are always more where they came from, though :lol:

Nutek Oct 11th 2016 6:01 pm

Need more Cindyabs and AmerLisa type peeps around here.

:nod:

scrubbedexpat091 Oct 11th 2016 6:40 pm

All my passwords are saved on the computer. My wife can access any of the sites I frequent if something happened to me. Would be up to her if she wanted to or not.