British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/what-ever-happened-missing-member-thread-884413/)

Jerseygirl Feb 6th 2017 5:00 pm

Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12172397)
So true, you only have t look at the thread about Oakvillian currently to see this, and there was the Sophia S thread from sometime ago to see how BE members can rally round.

I find it disheartening that several of the people we have sent gifts/money/cards to when they have been in need of support...have now buggered off to FB and don't bother with BE anymore.

Rete Feb 6th 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12172517)
I find it disheartening that several of the people we have sent gifts/money/cards to when they have been in need of support...have now buggered off to FB and don't bother with BE anymore.

:goodpost:

ian-mstm Feb 6th 2017 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12172517)

Well, I'm never going to bugger off to FB... so you folks are stuck with me for a long, long time! :p

I'd like to hear more about the gifts/money/cards! I'm pretty sure Sheila would let me whack her over the head if she thought there was something in it for us at the end of the day! :eek:

Ian

Bob Feb 6th 2017 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12171022)
I assume Bob and I can also be members of this club, we have managed to make a few posts over the years..... :p:sneaky:

Well I just want to see what happens at 100K...will that be enough to make the DB explode and create a black hole?

ian-mstm Feb 6th 2017 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 12172789)
Well I just want to see what happens at 100K...will that be enough to make the DB explode and create a black hole?

I appreciate you wanting to take one for the team! :)

Ian

scrubbedexpat097 Feb 6th 2017 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 12172599)
Well, I'm never going to bugger off to FB... so you folks are stuck with me for a long, long time! :p

I'd like to hear more about the gifts/money/cards! I'm pretty sure Sheila would let me whack her over the head if she thought there was something in it for us at the end of the day! :eek:

Ian

I'll start a mass PM to see what we can come up with.

Ooops....need to cancel the PM. I misread that. I thought she was going to hit you over the head;)

common Feb 8th 2017 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12169635)
I realised ;) what's too much time?

People who have the time and feel the need to be able to make this judgement ...

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12169627)
The new world order goes to the trolls who create multiple accounts and then pretend to be new posters. What could possibly go wrong?

SultanOfSwing Feb 8th 2017 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by common (Post 12174791)
People who have the time and feel the need to be able to make this judgement ...

What Leslie was describing happens more often than you'd think, though.

Leslie Feb 8th 2017 11:08 pm

I posted that a week ago. I guess it struck a nerve.

You seem like a very intelligent person. I value your opinion and would love to hear more of your thoughts on, not just this matter, but all topics no matter how trivial.

common Feb 9th 2017 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12174908)

You seem like a very intelligent person. I value your opinion and would love to hear more of your thoughts on, not just this matter, but all topics no matter how trivial.

I apologize if my intelligence is not up to your speed. And its obvious you do indeed enjoy your time posting on the BE forum, on all topics blah blah blah ...

Pollyana Feb 9th 2017 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 12172789)

Perhaps we should try and hit the milestone at near enough the same time, should cause a few ripples in the DB then :lol::sneaky:

moneypenny20 Feb 9th 2017 2:29 am

I don't understand why it matters to you though. You've apparently been here a week or so and this is your concern? Either join in with useful info/stupid info/questions/banter etc or don't, no skin off anyone's back apart from yours it would seem.

Weird way to get involved imo, suggesting people you don't know should leave or get a life. :confused:

DaveLovesDee Feb 9th 2017 2:54 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12174996)
Weird way to get involved imo, suggesting people you don't know should leave or get a life. :confused:

Maybe it's a new form of alternative facts, in that discrediting those who correct false information put out by others leads the alternative facts to become the perceived truth.

Bob Feb 9th 2017 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12174908)

Unfortunately, you'd be wrong on this score...

Bob Feb 9th 2017 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12174970)
Perhaps we should try and hit the milestone at near enough the same time, should cause a few ripples in the DB then :lol::sneaky:

:lol:

Though saying that, I've seen some posters on some gaming forums hit 300K+ posts, so we're clearly rank amateurs and must try harder :D