Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Old Feb 10th 2017, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Who does one attribute the ownership of the pickled onions to, anyway?

I would like to hope the Docile Trollop is a classier establishment than that though. Nothing ruins a night out faster than a bunch of ****ing meatheads trying to have a dick measuring contest.
Two women arguing over who gets to take a guy home that night can get pretty dicey too!

The worst nights on the doors can be multiple hen parties in the same venue.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 9:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Two women arguing over who gets to take a guy home that night can get pretty dicey too!

The worst nights on the doors can be multiple hen parties in the same venue.
Yeah. I just want to get wankered and talk shit to my mates, not be forced to listen to everyone else's drama.

Pubs. A great idea ruined by other people.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 9:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... Pubs. A great idea ruined by other people.
And slot machines.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 9:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Who does one attribute the ownership of the pickled onions to, anyway?
Ownership has nothing to do with it. Pickle juice is bound to splash on somebody. Anyway it's Kilburn you didn't need an excuse to start a fight.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only interested if those good old Sahara Nuts are being sold here?
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
BE is like a pub.

You can go there when you want, and when you do there will be the usual mix of regulars, a few who just drop in for a while, a couple who can't hold their booze and start a fight, and staff behind the bar who sort it all out.

There are few commitments, you can have a very friendly relationship with people in the pub who you never see anywhere else and other people who you ignore. Some people like to prop up the bar and talk to all comers, others sit in the corner by themselves and only occasionally interact. Sometimes people will pass the hat to help out a regular, sometimes they will gossip about the pub bore in another corner of the pub. A few people see each other in places other than the pub but most don't. Sometimes there's music and a singalong and great beer, sometimes the place is pretty empty and smells of dirty ashtrays.

It has all the vices and virtues of the local.

And of course, its name is the Docile Trollop (for old-timer regulars of course).

Karma your way.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:59 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And slot machines.
Have at it. Trivia machines, too, I usually won enough for a kebab on those.

Originally Posted by lansbury
Ownership has nothing to do with it. Pickle juice is bound to splash on somebody. Anyway it's Kilburn you didn't need an excuse to start a fight.
We don't want the kind of peasants who would start a fight over a splash of vinegar in our lovely pub.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 5:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Have at it. Trivia machines, too, I usually won enough for a kebab on those.

I got banned from playing the trivia machine in our local pub, I used to go in and play it, and when I'd emptied it I'd spend my winnings, so the landlord never lost on the deal, it was just that I had cheap nights there. There was a technique to ensuring winning more than 90% of the time, and I found that early on.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And slot machines.
In England i'd frequent my local to catch up with some friends who still lived in the area.

There was one guy, at least 75 years old, who would come in once a month. He'd spend what seemed to be his entire pension and then not be seen for another 3 weeks.

Bad habit to get into.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 5:39 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I got banned from playing the trivia machine in our local pub, I used to go in and play it, and when I'd emptied it I'd spend my winnings, so the landlord never lost on the deal, it was just that I had cheap nights there. There was a technique to ensuring winning more than 90% of the time, and I found that early on.
Nice one. I never made that much playing them, but I made a ****'s sight more than any of my mates did playing video poker. I watched two of my colleagues pump £50.00 into one of those during a lunch break pint with absolutely nothing to show for it at the end
Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:11 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

and again. Peeked in to see if someone was here but alas not at the moment. Anyway a shoutout to my non FB peeps. Just because I'm not on doesn't mean you're not in my thoughts,
Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
and again. Peeked in to see if someone was here but alas not at the moment. Anyway a shoutout to my non FB peeps. Just because I'm not on doesn't mean you're not in my thoughts,
I'm here just flitting about the web for a bit of diversity. Nice to see you in a background different from FB, Cindy.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 9:43 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

Keeping well, I hope.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 2:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek

Keeping well, I hope.
Hiya, yep keeping well enough. The dreaded heat is easing in which makes it a bit rough for me breathing wise. Still happy, happy because I have become a grandma to a GRANDSON!!!!! His 4 big sisters will keep him straight,

DH retires Friday. It will be interesting.

Thank you for acknowledging me.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 3:01 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm here just flitting about the web for a bit of diversity. Nice to see you in a background different from FB, Cindy.

It's different. Have found a COPD page on FB which reminds me so much of the Marriage an Visa BE Forum- the sense of somebody having some answers and knowing we're all in the same boat comraderie. You were a real pillar for me there Rete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.