Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Old Nov 19th 2016, 3:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What ever happened to .... ? (the missing BE member thread)

Originally Posted by Nutek
Old Nov 19th 2016, 3:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Here I iz!!! I admit I have indeed been sucked into the FB Black Hole of Calcutta, where many BUT NOT ALL of my faves from here hang out. :/

Frankly, it was brought home to me recently when I spoke to SM and asked if she knew anything about a former BE poster, who was on FB and would message me to see how my health was. She had dropped off the face of the earth and hadn't answered a msg I sent on FB. SM did some detective work and found out she had passed away, DAMN Cancer, the club nobody wants to belong to. .....
Who died?
Old Nov 19th 2016, 4:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Who died?
I can't remember her BE name, damn chemo, but SM knows. She was Julie who lived in Northampton.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy, can't remember her name but are you speaking about the woman who had lymphoma <sp> that we all sent scarves and hats to years ago?
Old Nov 19th 2016, 4:59 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Rete
Cindy, can't remember her name but are you speaking about the woman who had lymphoma <sp> that we all sent scarves and hats to years ago?

No Rete, I believe you're thinking of Sophia. Julie never moved to US, I think she had at one point lived in Spain, but ended up going home to the UK. She was in her 40s I think.

PS I miss Mo also,

Last edited by cindyabs; Nov 19th 2016 at 5:12 pm. Reason: added
Old Nov 19th 2016, 5:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No Rete, I believe you're thinking of Sophia. Julie never moved to US, I think she had at one point lived in Spain, but ended up going home to the UK. She was in her 40s I think.
Yes, Cindy, I was thinking of Sophia. Often wonder how she is doing. She was one of the two cancer ladies we did something for back in the olden days. Songbird is alive and on FB.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 5:22 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, Cindy, I was thinking of Sophia. Often wonder how she is doing. She was one of the two cancer ladies we did something for back in the olden days. Songbird is alive and on FB.

Sophia is on FB, hanging in there, crafting up a storm and is now a grandma,

Didn't know Songbird was on FB, would love to get up with her.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 6:17 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Doing well I hope, Cindy.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember her BE name, damn chemo, but SM knows. She was Julie who lived in Northampton.
Here I iz!!! I admit I have indeed been sucked into the FB Black Hole of Calcutta, where many BUT NOT ALL of my faves from here hang out. :/

Frankly, it was brought home to me recently when I spoke to SM and asked if she knew anything about a former BE poster, who was on FB and would message me to see how my health was. She had dropped off the face of the earth and hadn't answered a msg I sent on FB. SM did some detective work and found out she had passed away, DAMN Cancer, the club nobody wants to belong to.

I will try again to check in, I had before briefly, but seemed like things were in a rut , so back to the Dark Side.

Anyway, onward and upward. Good to see you folks.

PS Hopefully get an answer on my SS and UK pension question I posted at o dark thirty this am.
Originally Posted by Pulaski
Who died?

Her name on here was Montgomail and she had lived in Denia, Spain for a while and then moved back to the UK.

Julie passed away in March. She was very private with her diagnosis and not many people were aware of her illness. She was a lovely lady. I'm sure her family, especially her 2 sons are heartbroken from their loss.

RIP Julie x
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Her name on here was Montgomail and she had lived in Denia, Spain for a while and then moved back to the UK.

Julie passed away in March. She was very private with her diagnosis and not many people were aware of her illness. She was a lovely lady. I'm sure her family, especially her 2 sons are heartbroken from their loss.

RIP Julie x
Oh no. I remember she was dating a fellow BE member.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

RIP Julie x
OK, thx. Our paths never crossed, at least not as far as I remember.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She did, for a while.

Too many old friends leaving us. Sad
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Speaking of members dating other members ... whatever happened to the lady in Texas, who was something of a fan of Dutch men as I recall, who brought some guy over, who was also a member? Gosh, my memory is struggling!
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Speaking of members dating other members ... whatever happened to the lady in Texas, who was something of a fan of Dutch men as I recall, who brought some guy over, who was also a member? Gosh, my memory is struggling!
Dutch guy in Texas? Wasn't Toontje, was it?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
They got divorced...and stopped posting. Like many others...I think they deserted us for FB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.