Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What did you get for Chrimbo?

What did you get for Chrimbo?

Old Dec 28th 2020, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you get for Chrimbo?

Originally Posted by civilservant
I bought myself an Xbox Series X (the new one, yes I managed to get ahold of one )
I'm not sure why there's so much hype about the new series X being so hard to get, my son in sleepy old Perth got one without too much trouble. Maybe the old advertising ploy, if people think it's hard to get they'll want it more? He started telling me how wonderful it was but I'm afraid my eyes glazed over
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:39 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm not sure why there's so much hype about the new series X being so hard to get, my son in sleepy old Perth got one without too much trouble. Maybe the old advertising ploy, if people think it's hard to get they'll want it more? He started telling me how wonderful it was but I'm afraid my eyes glazed over
They are like gold dust here. Tried to get one for my grandson but all I could find were ones sellers on Amazon wanted $1240 for them. They are still priced at about $950.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 9:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
They are like gold dust here. Tried to get one for my grandson but all I could find were ones sellers on Amazon wanted $1240 for them. They are still priced at about $950.

Try Best Buy, if you still want one. They still seem to have packages available?

Not that I know anything about these things.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-se...t1586900952752
Old Dec 30th 2020, 9:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I thought 'you are not alone' was a nice, regal touch. Not sure how all the people who actually are alone felt about it though.
It all reminded me a bit of the Queen Mum in WWII, after the Palace got a bit damaged by a bomb, saying that she could now look at the people of the east end in the face again. I mean, I don't know what else she could do so I don't hold it against her, but she doesn't have to worry about unemployment, for example, and she is as sheltered as sheltered can be and wouldn't have to lie on a bed in a hospital corridor if she got ill. I wonder if she's had a vaccination?
Old Dec 30th 2020, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Company went public, that was Christmas!
Old Dec 31st 2020, 12:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You didn't miss much there. "You've all done very well" and "Things will get better" about sum it up.
Is it bad that I could only hear the voice of the young Mr Grace when I read that!
Old Dec 31st 2020, 5:29 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Try Best Buy, if you still want one. They still seem to have packages available?

Not that I know anything about these things.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-se...t1586900952752
Thanks for the tip but all the packages are sold out as well.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 12:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I had to get mine from eBay too, but I didn't pay anywhere near that.

The closer to Christmas it got, the higher the scalpers went. I ended up paying $625 with shipping, which was only $125 over regular price, the day after release.

I haven't had a new console in years, the Series X replaced my (recently deceased) Xbox 360.

I'm not sure why there's so much hype about the new series X being so hard to get, my son in sleepy old Perth got one without too much trouble. Maybe the old advertising ploy, if people think it's hard to get they'll want it more?
They were in very very short supply here in the US.

Last edited by civilservant; Dec 31st 2020 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Is it bad that I could only hear the voice of the young Mr Grace when I read that!
Not at all, that's exactly where I got it from.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 1:28 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Kids got kayaks, bb guns, a board game (Twilight Struggle: The Cold War) and books (i.e. anything possible to get them off the computer screen)

Wife got a weighted blanket (which is actually kind of nice to sleep under).

I got one book. Double Helix: The Discovery of the Structure of DNA
Old Jan 4th 2021, 10:34 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I got a really nice cheese knife set and amongst some goodies from my friend in the UK was a bottle of Matey!! I was complaining that US bubble bath is not very bubbly