What Did You Buy???

Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Did You Buy???

Nothing.

I got home from work last Wedneday at about 4.30pm and I have not left the house since.

That's my idea of a perfect Thanksgiving holiday
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

My hapless co-worker waited in line at Best Buy for 3 hours and nabbed the SAME system I bought in 3 minutes online....been torturing him all day!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:38 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I got to pick up all the mess and wash all the f***ing dishes left behind by the bloody infestation of inlaws we had the night before.

My wife went to Kohls late Thursday night with her brother while I sat up past 1am with a baby who wouldn't go to sleep . I had the better night, methinks, I hate shopping and crowds of strangers so I don't mess with the black Friday crap.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:01 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

On Friday I bought a snow blower from Sears. Unfortunately it was only $50 off, so to maximize value I first bought a Sears electronic gift card through the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal, and then immediately used it to buy the snow blower via the AMEX Rewards shopping portal so that in total I got $100+ worth of points (when converted to airline miles). I also used a Mastercard to buy the eGC to get a $20 gift card via their promotion, which was nice cherry to have on top of the cake.

Then there was AMEX Small Business Saturday, with a $25 statement credit for each registered AMEX card used for a $25+ purchase at a small business. Mrs tonrob and I have 11 cards between us, so that was $275 of free Xmas shopping! (Much of it ending up being spent on the Sproutlet).

Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:07 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I went against the grain and slipped out, it was no busier then a Saturday in my neck of the woods, I went to BestBuy nothing of interest but easy to browse around, then I hit TARGET and bought a sweater for $15 reduced from $39.99......off I trooted to JC.Penney bought mother a really nice jacket reduced from $250 to $59.99 and moi a pair of running pants half price and a great sweater dress that was reduced by 60%....
All in all it was a very nice little trip and no hassle what so ever even got into the changing rooms on the 1st attempt
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Sam's Club for a gander and hoping for breakfast from the samples, didn't have any...we were there at 5am because we were dropping a niece off at the greyhound station for 5am pick up.

Went back to bed.

Went back to check out shops after lunch, got some toys for the girls for cheap.

Got a nice big monster battery for the car...only $10 deposit up in Maine, better than the $20 for down our way...still, having the battery out of the car that long, car de-synced the sodding blipper fob. Really pissed about that, as our local dealer charge a minimum of hours labour for everything and that's $100...I think we'll wait till next Maine trip.

Oh and got a new brake light and head light bulb, which blew on our way up to Maine.

Much cheaper than down our way...so very exciting.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:16 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Ordered a new Tom Tom for $90 with lifetime traffic and maps, spent a fortune this weekend but that was the only thing I got a major discount on, a few books and games with $5/$10 off.

Bought a fab 21 speed bike for my daughter for Christmas yesterday from a little family bike store, no discount though, he said they don't need to discount kids bikes at this time of year. Problem is I want a new one now, hers is far nicer than mine.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

A box of Pears, online...couldn't face the traffic.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:36 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody needs to take my computer away from me.

Just ordered 2 pairs of K Swiss trainers for hubby, on buy one get one free until the end of today.

Also had a chair in my Target cart for the past week, it's just come down $30 so I've ordered that, along with a nest of tables.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by N1cky
Somebody needs to take my computer away from me.

Just ordered 2 pairs of K Swiss trainers for hubby, on buy one get one free until the end of today.

Also had a chair in my Target cart for the past week, it's just come down $30 so I've ordered that, along with a nest of tables.
whatever you do, don't go on FatWallet!! LOL
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Was going to take wife to Peets and buy her a fancy cup of coffee but she'd already had one for breakfast and decided one cup a day is enough.