Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What did people do all night before the internet?

What did people do all night before the internet?

Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did people do all night before the internet?

Probably working, evenings/nights. (change of weekly Shifts so either working or sleeping.)
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:36 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Watch TV, read, clean the house. Do the ironing.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

homework?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:38 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

... actually talked and had face to face conversations with one another - which seems a rarity and a lost art nowadays ...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:36 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Twenty years ago I was running round deepest darkest Hampshire(as a Milkman) finding bloody telephone boxes that worked so I could phone Memphis.. only to hear really sensible things like" Its raining so I'm outside"!...Hmmm
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ja5on
It's the weekend and I'm staying up late playing my ps3 and fooling around online.....I was wondering what people used to do say 20 years ago? Did everyone just go to bed at a decent time? Did they stay up and read all night? Maybe watch some VHS?
20 years ago I was probably lying awake eagerly awaiting a phone call from a man (who is now my OH) who claimed he was freezing his bollocks off standing in a phone box in the wee hours. He kept saying how cold it was, but I noticed he stayed on the phone for a good half hour each time - at a pretty penny, too, I might add.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

I don't get the people that are saying that they had face to face convos at that hour....You used to go knock on your friends doors at 2am for a chat?

I do like to talk to people more than txt/IM but sometimes it's hard with different time zones and work ect.

I remember being sad when I would get up too early in the morning and the cartoons hadn't started and I had to watch ceefax!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ja5on
I don't get the people that are saying that they had face to face convos at that hour....You used to go knock on your friends doors at 2am for a chat?

I do like to talk to people more than txt/IM but sometimes it's hard with different time zones and work ect.

I remember being sad when I would get up too early in the morning and the cartoons hadn't started and I had to watch ceefax!
went to the pub and got pissed

alan
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:26 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
went to the pub and got pissed
^ this.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:44 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I had 2 small children and was in bed between 10 and 11 every night. I sewed and read until then....sometimes I stayed up past midnight to finish a project or book!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah good question...I probably did talk to my husband more. I used to like knitting, which I never do now. Listen to records, read, watch TV, go to the pub.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

20 years ago, I was 13. I was probably on the phone talking to my friends or reading a book. I really am a bookophile (word?) - my parents grounded me from reading when I didn't behave - so I had to sneak and read sometimes.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:32 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

20 years ago either working the streets of Kilburn, or sitting on the veranda of the farm in Zimbabwe drinking sundowners. In those days the highlight of Zimbabwe channel 1 on a Saturday night was WWF.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:46 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
20 years ago, I was 13. I was probably on the phone talking to my friends or reading a book. I really am a bookophile (word?) - my parents grounded me from reading when I didn't behave - so I had to sneak and read sometimes.
I think bookworm might be the term
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:56 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I was living in the Netherlands watching Dutch tv and thanks to the purchase of a satellite at the NAFFI, watching SKY. I was also obsessed with playing Toejam and Earl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.