Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

what is the american equivalent of...

what is the american equivalent of...

Old May 16th 2008, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is the american equivalent of...

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
My own mother initially refused to attend as it wasn't in a church
Unfortunately she decided to come in the end and ruin all of the photos

I got married here...

http://www.latemeetings.com/images/V...l-exterior.jpg
Grosvenor Hotel, Eastgate Street, Chester. We got married in Chester Reg. Office.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Grosvenor Hotel, Eastgate Street, Chester. We got married in Chester Reg. Office.
Yay one out of 3 ain't bad!

Yes we got married at the Gross-veenor as my American friends called it at the time!

And so typical of me to get married in the middle of a shopping center...
Old May 16th 2008, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yay one out of 3 ain't bad!

Yes we got married at the Gross-veenor as my American friends called it at the time!

And so typical of me to get married in the middle of a shopping center...
l lived in the Chester area for many years before moving here.

Well I got married behind the market.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 16th 2008 at 6:42 pm.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

l lived in the Chester area for many years before moving here.
Yes unfortunately the in-laws live in Blacon
Old May 16th 2008, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I get your point.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:47 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I feel quite homesick now, seeing that photo.
It is raining here today ...a fine, persistent drizzle and quite cold. reminds me of home
Old May 16th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I get your point.
And they wonder why we don't visit that often...

Doris I got a little of the same when it was like that here last week. Reminded me of Amsterdam!
Old May 16th 2008, 6:49 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I lived on the Wirral, in Hoylake, and our vicar (C of E) was transferred to Blacon for his sins....and he had a few
Old May 16th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I lived on the Wirral, in Hoylake, and our vicar (C of E) was transferred to Blacon for his sins....and he had a few
Is that like the old good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to...Blacon?!
Old May 16th 2008, 6:52 pm
Who?

Is that like the old good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to...Blacon?!
Could be.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:06 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I think there is a sense that we [English people] are all members of the CofE, unless we actively profess another religion.
Given that the vast majority of UK residents are not both English and Christians, I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree. Atheism isn't a religion, so your rule would still count you as C of E, even though you don't believe in God (which makes you much like most of the clergy in that case ).
Old May 16th 2008, 7:53 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Given that the vast majority of UK residents are not both English and Christians, I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree. Atheism isn't a religion, so your rule would still count you as C of E, even though you don't believe in God (which makes you much like most of the clergy in that case ).
I agree - that is why I think I will eventually become a regular attender of church and maybe even take holy orders. I can't decide whether to model myself on Mr. Collins of Pride & Prejudice or Mr. Ferrars of Sense & Sensibility...
Old May 16th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I think you misunderstood Robin1234's comment - he was saying that a lot of English people seem to assume that being English means they are C of E unless they claim otherwise. He wasn't saying that it was a correct assumption...
Old May 16th 2008, 9:46 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

My take on religion:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=163
Old May 16th 2008, 9:53 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

My own mother initially refused to attend as it wasn't in a church
Unfortunately she decided to come in the end and ruin all of the photos

I got married here...

http://www.latemeetings.com/images/V...l-exterior.jpg
It looks a bit different to when I was in that area. The road was full of two-way traffic then.

I think theres a bunch of you from Ellesmere Port, but you don't want to broadcast it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.