British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Western MA meet-up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/western-ma-meet-up-465228/)

tonrob Jul 11th 2007 2:02 am

Western MA meet-up

Having chatted with Reddman and Smeg we decided to have a modest knees-up at The Peoples Pint in Greenfield, which I just put in the meet-up calendar for Thursday 19th July.

Meet at 8pm to eat or earlier for beers. Looks like we're bringing our other halves - any other BE's in the area more than welcome to join! :)

RSVP by day before would be helpful so table can be booked.

Adnams Jul 11th 2007 2:38 am

Re: Western MA meet-up

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5038351)
Having chatted with Reddman and Smeg we decided to have a modest knees-up at The Peoples Pint in Greenfield, which I just put in the meet-up calendar for Thursday 19th July.

Meet at 8pm to eat or earlier for beers. Looks like we're bringing our other halves - any other BE's in the area more than welcome to join! :)

RSVP by day before would be helpful so table can be booked.

Its too far on a work night!!!!! Well OH's work night. If you lot end up at Pintus for a post last orders curry I will be very jealous!
How are you all going to recognise each other??

tonrob Jul 11th 2007 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5038483)
Its too far on a work night!!!!! Well OH's work night. If you lot end up at Pintus for a post last orders curry I will be very jealous!
How are you all going to recognise each other??

Was just thinking that... pink carnation?

Reddman Jul 11th 2007 2:25 pm

It should be a good evening.

Adnams Jul 11th 2007 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5039698)
Was just thinking that... pink carnation?

Lordy the last time I went to a forum meet up. Not here but in Asia, thats exactly what we chose - but then we were a bunch of girls. Perhaps England rugby shirts might be more appropriate for you lads???

tonrob Jul 11th 2007 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5041357)
Lordy the last time I went to a forum meet up. Not here but in Asia, thats exactly what we chose - but then we were a bunch of girls. Perhaps England rugby shirts might be more appropriate for you lads???

I'd rather die! ;)

Adnams Jul 11th 2007 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5041953)
I'd rather die! ;)

Pray tell why? Brit and proud no? How about those stupid hats that the barmy army wear to the cricket instead? I am sure you'd all look really fetching and not stand out like sore thumbs at all! ;)

tonrob Jul 11th 2007 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5042055)
Pray tell why? Brit and proud no? How about those stupid hats that the barmy army wear to the cricket instead? I am sure you'd all look really fetching and not stand out like sore thumbs at all! ;)

Brit and proud - certainly!

Just not English... ;)

Adnams Jul 11th 2007 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5042344)
Brit and proud - certainly!

Just not English... ;)

Touche! :sneaky:

tonrob Jul 13th 2007 9:14 pm

Any more takers? You know you want to... :thumbup:

Bob Jul 13th 2007 10:16 pm

Sounds a good laugh, but way to far out for me, especially during the week and havin' to drive out and all that :(

tonrob Jul 14th 2007 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 5052054)
Sounds a good laugh, but way to far out for me, especially during the week and havin' to drive out and all that :(

Maybe we can do another one at the weekend sometime.

Reddman Jul 16th 2007 3:49 pm

I was just wondering how are we going to recognize one another?
Maybe I’ll put my wife to the test, she always thinks she can spot British people a mile off.

Reddman Jul 20th 2007 4:37 pm

Last night was a very enjoyable evening. It was a pleasure to meet a great group of people.:D

Dave

tonrob Jul 22nd 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Reddman (Post 5083567)
Last night was a very enjoyable evening. It was a pleasure to meet a great group of people.:D

Dave

Ditto! Although must admit I probably enjoyed one too many! Must do it again sometime.