Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Went to the Turkey Run

Wikiposts

Went to the Turkey Run

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:10 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Went to the Turkey Run

Originally Posted by cabritpop
This machine is beyond a rat rod FFS, why did somebody even waste time and money putting primer on it for a start? WHY?
It was a middle school science project
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:11 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you must mean sHitfire surely
The ultimate hairdressers car. Built on a Friday afternoon, during a 3 day week in the 70's, in between power cuts, pure quality
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:15 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The ultimate hairdressers car. Built on a Friday afternoon, during a 3 day week in the 70's, in between power cuts, pure quality
Yeah, then left outside for 2 months in a field by the factory to get some underbody pre-rust. (true story from the ford dagenham plant during the cortina era)
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:08 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Your right, I'm wrong, I was thinking of a Triumph Spitfire.
Have an unfair advantage there mate,

I had a '74 1/2 Midge (last year of the MG engines) Orange it was and no rust. Mint car.
Wore out the brakes and engine going up a mountain in CA.
Then got a '73 BGT from a junkyard and did a full mech rebuild over 2 years.

Ended up flogging it when we escaped from NY (old movie )

Cried for hours...........

Still love them (real MG's), will you get me an old V8 from home for Christmas?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:24 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Yeah, then left outside for 2 months in a field by the factory to get some underbody pre-rust. (true story from the ford dagenham plant during the cortina era)
Reminds me of a story.........all the kids fall asleep.

I met this bloke once who was a fighter pilot in WW2. He claimed that they left the plane engines out in a field before they installed them from the factory.
Said the reason was, the steel improved by "weathering" - it wasn't just the usual British haphazard storage method......

Wasn't for years until I did a load of (very anorak-like) Uni studies that I learned this is technically, actually the case.

Somehow, the Fords being left outside the plant in Dagenham may be more due to a lunchtime trip to the pub and losing the "chit" in the bar..... than an intentional "improvement in the steel".
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

OK, I think I can bring this thread full circle. Ray needs to check this out too as he worked at Santa Pod. http://www.superjohn.f9.co.uk/thebeast.htm I used to read about this car in magazines. It's like a Holy Grail to me.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:47 am
Senior Junior Member

Scott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it.
The owner of this ... Wreck .. Is driving around in something very different having a great time. And.. for very little money.

Looks like fun to me :-)

Scott
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scott Mumford
The way I see it.
The owner of this ... Wreck .. Is driving around in something very different having a great time. And.. for very little money.

Looks like fun to me :-)

Scott
I would rather be seen in this: