Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Went to the Turkey Run

Wikiposts

Went to the Turkey Run

Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:20 am
Senior Junior Member

Scott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Went to the Turkey Run

"Frances" my 56 GMC and I were at the Daytona Turkey Run on Saturday.
I only saw about half the cars.
I met a group of eight Brits that told me this was the sixth year they had come to the Turkey Run.
They spend several days in Orlando first then come to this event.
Thought I would share the pictures.

What is it?

Click here for all the pictures

Scott

Last edited by Scott Mumford; Nov 27th 2006 at 5:51 am.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:19 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Went to the Turkey Run

Thanks for sharing these Scott, some very cool looking cars
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:27 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott Mumford
What is it?
A wreck?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:42 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

An MG Midget, don't know what the grill is off.

Last edited by gruffbrown; Nov 27th 2006 at 9:44 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

What is it?

A heap of shit.

That car may have been shipped to Cuba once and they sent it back, even they wouldn't drive it.

Last edited by cabritpop; Nov 30th 2006 at 3:43 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:36 pm
Senior Junior Member

Scott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it might have been an Austin-Healey possibly a 50’s Bug Eye.
But it also looks like it has a 6 cylinder motor. I suppose the owner could have removed the original 4 cyl motor.

http://www.turkeyrun.com/

The grill looks like it is off an old Thames truck.

Scott
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:00 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott Mumford
I was thinking it might have been an Austin-Healey possibly a 50’s Bug Eye.
But it also looks like it has a 6 cylinder motor. I suppose the owner could have removed the original 4 cyl motor.

http://www.turkeyrun.com/

The grill looks like it is off an old Thames truck.

Scott
Yep, Bugeye sounds right, the petrol cap is in the right place, the Midgets is higher up [Takes off Anorak]
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:16 am
Account Closed

My Dad could tell you what it is built from, he restores British cars out in CA. He would probably say it's a heap of shit though and be done with it. We don't get along, and he doesn't have the internet or a computer.

Actually, Take off the chrome valve cover, the petrol cap, the front tires and the nice looking distributor and the rest of the car could be safely crushed and forgotten. Oh, you could probably get $25 for the 'classic' headlights (more if someone didn't paint them with wal mart 99c a can semi-gloss black)

That car takes "Run what ya brung" to a whole new level.

Last edited by cabritpop; Dec 2nd 2006 at 12:26 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Yep, Bugeye sounds right, the petrol cap is in the right place, the Midgets is higher up [Takes off Anorak]
You're on the money I think but the tailights have been replaced. I'd hate to think how much of this 'car' is actually Bondo
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:55 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cabritpop
You're on the money I think but the tailights have been replaced. I'd hate to think how much of this 'car' is actually Bondo

The front pic looks like a Midge, there is something wrong with the windshield though, so it might be a bugeye. The back end is so redone, its hard to say.

I remember the Midge cap was lower, but that could have been altered.

Its just horrible.........*shudder*
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gardnma
The front pic looks like a Midge, there is something wrong with the windshield though, so it might be a bugeye. The back end is so redone, its hard to say.

Its just horrible.........*shudder*
I can hardly believe this many people have discussed this jalopy. Seriously, the Tach mounted IN FRONT of the windshield to me just screams ......NEXT! Actually this car was probably assembled for some really retarded dragrace.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by cabritpop
I can hardly believe this many people have discussed this jalopy. Seriously the Tach mounted IN FRONT of the windshield to me just screams ......NEXT!
I've always fancied doing a Rat Rod, 'cheap' being the magic word here.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by gardnma
Your right, I'm wrong, I was thinking of a Triumph Spitfire.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:07 am
Account Closed

I've always fancied doing a Rat Rod, 'cheap' being the magic word here.
This machine is beyond a rat rod FFS, why did somebody even waste time and money putting primer on it for a start? WHY?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Your right, I'm wrong, I was thinking of a Triumph Spitfire.
Oh you must mean sHitfire surely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.