Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I had my first and only pair when I was 13 and of course back then they were hard lenses (I am nearsighted and have a lot of astigmatism) My optician gave me a little sucker thingy to take those contact lenses out. I learned how to get them out on my own, can't even remember now how I did it.

My older daughter wears contacts and has for years, she's the master.....
I remember when I was a child mum had a little sucker thingy for her hard contacts.

I started to wear soft contacts (I had a severe astigmatism) in the late 80's.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first and only pair when I was 13 and of course back then they were hard lenses (I am nearsighted and have a lot of astigmatism) My optician gave me a little sucker thingy to take those contact lenses out. I learned how to get them out on my own, can't even remember now how I did it.

My older daughter wears contacts and has for years, she's the master.....
I used to wear hard lenses, I pulled the corner of my eye and they pinged out.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I used to wear hard lenses, I pulled the corner of my eye and they pinged out.
They are so much easier to use.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:54 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a few....did I miss your "Ah ha" post?
Without wanting to sound impatient, you missed the humour in the post you referred to, the message overlap that was apparent from the timing of both messages, and the subsequent posts that addressed the topic.

I'm not quite sure why people feel the need to suddenly spring to someone else's defence, when if they just bother to read the rest of the thread, it might be obvious there was a perfectly amicable exchange of messages going on.

Anyway, the fact that she karma'd me on the thread afterwards, satisfies me that she was not upset about what I said due to the timing.
Hopefully that clears things up for you, and we can keep posting without bad feeling being brought in because of a misunderstanding.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Without wanting to sound impatient, you missed the humour in the post you referred to, the message overlap that was apparent from the timing of both messages, and the subsequent posts that addressed the topic.

I'm not quite sure why people feel the need to suddenly spring to someone else's defence, when if they just bother to read the rest of the thread, it might be obvious there was a perfectly amicable exchange of messages going on.

Anyway, the fact that she karma'd me on the thread afterwards, satisfies me that she was not upset about what I said due to the timing.
Hopefully that clears things up for you, and we can keep posting without bad feeling being brought in because of a misunderstanding.
If I now spring to your defence, we can have a bun-dle
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:01 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

If I now spring to your defence, we can have a bun-dle
Sounds good to me!

(Oh crap, did I sound like I was chucking my toys out of the pram in that last mesage? )

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Sep 29th 2010 at 3:04 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

(Oh crap, did I sound like I was chucking my toys out of the pram in that last mesage? )
I didn't think so.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:07 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!

I should of made a contact lense thread lol.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
We already have a fight thread
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:09 pm

I didn't think so.
That's ok then.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
It may have run as long as this one has. 346 pages and still running!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:10 pm

We already have a fight thread

Instigator!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounding impatient here..... Did you really need to go on (with three paragraphs) to explain your post? Was I coming to her defense? Do I care that she karma'd you and all is right with the world? Am I bored even typing this response to your post?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!

I didn't think so.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What's that supposed to mean? You DO jump in to defend people who haven't asked you to and you DO often miss the subtleties of posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.