Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Oct 8th 2010, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Multifocal - Varifocal, whatever Poppy, the object is the same.
The point is that Multifocal lenses aren't just for reading or close up, they're for wearing all day to correct your near and distance sight. If you can't see at distance now but you can see close up, then the lenses still aren't working for you in the way they should do.
The eye doctor should have made sure of that before he even let you out of the exam room.
It takes a while to get used to them...same with multifocal glasses.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:01 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It takes a while to get used to them...same with multifocal glasses.
Yes I know that, I wore them for a year myself, and multifocal/progressive glasses for 6, in fact stil wear them at the times I take the contacts out.
But if they aren't making your vision clearer after a day or two then there's something wrong. To me there would be no point in "settling" for just having close up vision to use a computer if my distance was still out of focus.

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Oct 9th 2010 at 12:03 am.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:31 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Multifocal - Varifocal, whatever Poppy, the object is the same.
The point is that Multifocal lenses aren't just for reading or close up, they're for wearing all day to correct your near and distance sight. If you can't see at distance now but you can see close up, then the lenses still aren't working for you in the way they should do.
The eye doctor should have made sure of that before he even let you out of the exam room.
I think they are so pissed with me they just wanna get shot and I am embarrased to keep saying they don't work right!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:08 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I think they are so pissed with me they just wanna get shot and I am embarrased to keep saying they don't work right!
It could be, but don't be put off if they aren't working properly after you've worn them a week then it's your right to tell them that, Poppy. My eye doc always tells me that it should be all working right within a week. They're having you come back for a follow up, right?
I know it's a hassle but it's not worth putting up with it just for the sake of not saying anything out of embarrassment. It's your sight and you paid for them.
If it goes on too long without working and they won't put it right, then maybe you could consider a new eye exam at a different place and see what they come up with for your prescription as well? I did that a while ago and turned out the prescription the original doctor had given me was way off.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It could be, but don't be put off if they aren't working properly after you've worn them a week then it's your right to tell them that, Poppy. My eye doc always tells me that it should be all working right within a week. They're having you come back for a follow up, right?
I know it's a hassle but it's not worth putting up with it just for the sake of not saying anything out of embarrassment. It's your sight and you paid for them.
If it goes on too long without working and they won't put it right, then maybe you could consider a new eye exam at a different place and see what they come up with for your prescription as well? I did that a while ago and turned out the prescription the original doctor had given me was way off.
Yes you need to get it sorted, Poppy. Getting used to them can be annoying but you should definitely be able to see or your brain won't be able to make the adjustments.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes you need to get it sorted, Poppy. Getting used to them can be annoying but you should definitely be able to see or your brain won't be able to make the adjustments.
Exactly.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 3:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.
Early this year my daughter had a problem with her regular mono contact. She was back and to the opticians for months until it was sorted. OK she's in Canada but opticians have samples they give you to try out...so yes you should keep going back until you are satisfied. Saying that it may be prudent to have another eye test using a different optician.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:02 pm

Early this year my daughter had a problem with her regular mono contact. She was back and to the opticians for months until it was sorted. OK she's in Canada but opticians have samples they give you to try out...so yes you should keep going back until you are satisfied. Saying that it may be prudent to have another eye test using a different optician.
The optician I go to gives me a sample here too, in fact he always does that when I have a test and the prescription needs changing.
He always makes me come back after a week of wearing them to see if everything is ok, and he rechecks my sight. If he tries a different lens (and he has had to do that) I have to go back again a week later for another follow up. The whole thing has to be working right before he'll even write a prescription for it, and there's no additional charges for either the lens he has to replace or the additional time on exams.
In case you wonder who I get such decent service from... Sam's Club optical.
Going through it for months would get tiring, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:31 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Been back again today because the lenses they over nighted last week are still not here, kicked up a stink resulted in another exam and guess what!!
My left eye is not my dominant its the right FFS

I asked for my money back but they reckon that the exam was done and that training was given to wear the lenses so there is no refund so I asked for the prescription which they can't give me because they don't have a definitive answer to what I need..........
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Been back again today because the lenses they over nighted last week are still not here, kicked up a stink resulted in another exam and guess what!!

I asked for my money back but they reckon that the exam was done and that training was given to wear the lenses so there is no refund so I asked for the prescription which they can't give me because they don't have a definitive answer to what I need..........
Did you pay by credit card? If so call the CC company and put it into dispute.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:50 am

Did you pay by credit card? If so call the CC company and put it into dispute.
Good thinking to me its ludicrous!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Eye dominance is easy to figure out yourself. Extend your arms in front of you, hold your hands together to form a circle (left index fingertip to right index, fingertip, left thumb to right thumb). With both eyes open, make the "circle" around a distant object (doorknob, lightswitch, clock, etc). With your hands still making the circle, bring your arms in and bring your hands right up to your face. If your finger circle ends up in front of your right eye, you're right eye dominant. In front of the left eye, left eye dominant.

I hope I explained that well enough. It's an old marksman's trick.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:17 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

My 7 year old cub scout learnt how to identify his dominant eye at the archery range last year and your optician can't? They sound like a right bunch of jokers...Think I'd not only be disputing the charge, but also registering a complaint with the BBB and the AG's office in your state....
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
My 7 year old cub scout learnt how to identify his dominant eye at the archery range last year and your optician can't? They sound like a right bunch of jokers...Think I'd not only be disputing the charge, but also registering a complaint with the BBB and the AG's office in your state....
Um 3rd Optician same practice, 3 different prescriptions diagnosed and dominant eye changed
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:58 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE=Poppy girl;8920362]Um 3rd Optician same practice, 3 different prescriptions diagnosed and dominant eye changed [/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.