Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:13 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills View Post
OMG Can you imagine the mess and the horror. Dh is convinced yours eyes just fall out after x number of years.
I'll stick to glasses
Nope no lasers for me it can't be reversed and your eyes grow old as well as the rest of the body so I am not taking the risk long term there is no one to tell the tale yet!!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:22 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Nope no lasers for me it can't be reversed and your eyes grow old as well as the rest of the body so I am not taking the risk long term there is no one to tell the tale yet!!
Jersey will let us know in another 10 years, if it's still ok for her then we might all be tempted.

How are the contacts working for you now anyway?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:27 pm
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

As I said above, I'm 15 years post-PRK - the op before Lasik, where they burned your cornea away instead of cutting it.

The Geek is 9 years post-Lasik and I know many other people who have had it done in the UK and Singapore and been amazed by the results (the Bangkok one wasn't so successful so we won't go there).

I managed 14 years before age got the better of me - started with reading glasses at 46 and am still officially legal to drive. I'd class that as success.

Night vision is not fantastic, I must admit.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:27 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Jersey will let us know in another 10 years, if it's still ok for her then we might all be tempted.

How are the contacts working for you now anyway?
They are not I have not warn them since Friday there seems no point I can't see the computer screen to type so to my mind thats not getting used to them thats just a wrong prescription, after all how can get used to something I can't see out of in the 1st place
They told me my new lenses would be here Saturday then I called again today nothing, so i said 'I want a refund a will go else where for the lenses and be re-tested"...waiting for them to call me back long wait I reckon...........so blessed is the Dollar store lol plastic frames which are better then nothing
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:31 pm
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Poppy is it just because of your rosacea that you don't want to wear specs? Do you tolerate the cheap plastic frames ok? If so, I have some really nice plastic ones - D&G, dahling - so you could look at getting some prescription plastic ones.

I find them more comfortable than my metal frames, so keep them at work for wearing all day. Still hate specs and dragging them on and off all the time, however.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S View Post
Try titanium frames.
Please. Platinum, of course!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
Poppy is it just because of your rosacea that you don't want to wear specs? Do you tolerate the cheap plastic frames ok? If so, I have some really nice plastic ones - D&G, dahling - so you could look at getting some prescription plastic ones.

I find them more comfortable than my metal frames, so keep them at work for wearing all day. Still hate specs and dragging them on and off all the time, however.
Yes its because of the Rosacea.....I can only tolerate the plastic specs for a while and had to work from home today as I am so far behind that it was the plastic or nothing but my face is sore and inflamed already.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 4th 2010 at 9:23 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:52 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna View Post
Please. Platinum, of course!
Sounds like a high maintenance mod to me.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Sounds like a high maintenance mod to me.
Not me, Poppy! I'm still a dollar store gal (actually I get the 3/$10 at Ross/Marshalls/whatever).

Pops, the gal at the spa just told me I have that too.. I'm not sure I agree with her!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:11 pm
Used to be Seasider

Not me, Poppy! I'm still a dollar store gal (actually I get the 3/$10 at Ross/Marshalls/whatever).

Pops, the gal at the spa just told me I have that too.. I'm not sure I agree with her!
Did she by any chance have some ridiculously expensive cream that would fix it?

Not inferring anything here but a friend of mine developed it after she started having botox. Another reason for me to decide to stay wrinkly.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
Did she by any chance have some ridiculously expensive cream that would fix it?
duh...of course she did! I think it's sun damage & genetic & that a cream won't fix it. I've heard that saline injections might. Whatever 'it' is.

[/QUOTE]Not inferring anything here but a friend of mine developed it after she started having botox. Another reason for me to decide to stay wrinkly.[/QUOTE]
When I was taking acupuncture for my car crash residue I asked if she could needle my furrow (was half joking) for some 'natural botox' and she said, oh yeah, here <poke>. It works great & lasts about the same period of time.. even sent the DH to see about getting his ruts softened out.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:26 pm

Well my Dr who does not specialize in Dermatology said she thought it was Rosacea, but I have an appointment with a Dr of Dermatology tomorrow morning at 9.30am to get the correct diagnosis..I just want to be sure, you can't cure it but it can be controlled.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Well my Dr who does not specialize in Dermatology said she thought it was Rosacea, but I have an appointment with a Dr of Dermatology tomorrow morning at 9.30am to get the correct diagnosis..I just want to be sure, you can't cure it but it can be controlled.
Yeah, wait til you see the list of food triggers.. I'd rather just die of skin rot than do that.
But, that's why I doubted her in the first place. I've had exams by 3 different derms and they never uttered the word 'rosacea' so I think I will stick to letting her wax my brows and tell her to butt out of the rest.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

duh...of course she did! I think it's sun damage & genetic & that a cream won't fix it. I've heard that saline injections might. Whatever 'it' is.

When I was taking acupuncture for my car crash residue I asked if she could needle my furrow (was half joking) for some 'natural botox' and she said, oh yeah, here <poke>. It works great & lasts about the same period of time.. even sent the DH to see about getting his ruts softened out.
Tell me more about this 'natural botox'.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Tell me more about this 'natural botox'.
They are very tiny thin needles, inserted at specific points on the body to stimulate different sorts of responses by releasing energy from the tissues. It originated in China but is practiced in the US by licensed professionals who take serious training (we have a school of Oriental Medicine here so we have an abundance of practitioners). The needles don't hurt, the entire process is very relaxing (to me) and between the brows had the effect of botox, flattening out the crease considerably by releasing the muscles underneath it. It didn't affect my expressions or facial control in the least.
Not joking, it might be a solution for your feet as well.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.