Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well it's official ......

Wikiposts

Well it's official ......

Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:23 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well it's official ......

If its just reading glass's that are needed, then I think Meauxna will agree hit the dollar stores they are great and have some nice styles believe it or not
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
with me it was the tweezers first.. every damn place i was there was a pair of tweezers.. now i am going to be putting the glasses with them.. What the bloody hell is next. >>>????
I am terrified to ask that... I don't think we want to know.

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
If its just reading glass's that are needed, then I think Meauxna will agree hit the dollar stores they are great and have some nice styles believe it or not
but be prepared to go $3 for a sassy pair!
Dang, I need to go on the hunt for some more soon.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:36 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
That doesn't sound too optimistic. So what you are basically saying is that it's all downhill from now on and I'm buggered
No, not at all, at seventy four, I see better than I did at forty four. When they do the cataract surgery, they remove the milky stuff and replace it with an optical grade plastic lens. When they do this, they can change the focus of each eye. I have one that sees distance well and one that sees close up well, in each case, the other eye is the assistant. So I only rarely need my glasses.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
No, not at all, at seventy four, I see better than I did at forty four. When they do the cataract surgery, they remove the milky stuff and replace it with an optical grade plastic lens. When they do this, they can change the focus of each eye. I have one that sees distance well and one that sees close up well, in each case, the other eye is the assistant. So I only rarely need my glasses.
That's my father's experience as well. He wore glasses most of his life, and had cataract/glaucoma surgery in his late 70s. Now he doesn't need glasses.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first pair a couple of years ago and now i find I'm needing them more and more I just don't want my hearing to go at a relatively early age (I'm early 40s) as it did for my grandmother and my mother
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
That doesn't sound too optimistic. So what you are basically saying is that it's all downhill from now on and I'm buggered

Yes, you are. I had the contaract surgery and at me. Worse off then before the surgery.

Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
I had my first pair a couple of years ago and now i find I'm needing them more and more I just don't want my hearing to go at a relatively early age (I'm early 40s) as it did for my grandmother and my mother
WHAT?