Wikiposts

well done Fox

Old May 22nd 2010, 6:56 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default well done Fox

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray in prime time.

well done for not saddling us with Wynalda or that gobshite Nick Webster.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice
Default Re: well done Fox

+1,000,000

and for putting it on Fox in HD rather than FSC where virtually no one can see it in HD at present.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:38 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

spoke too soon about the wynalda thing..... didn't know he was in the halftime booth.
Old May 22nd 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice

spoke too soon about the wynalda thing..... didn't know he was in the halftime booth.
I consider that semi "bearable". I chose not to watch the half time roundup.

At least now the UCL is on Fox, we don't have to listen to that !@#$ Tommy Smyth on ESPN.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...us-soccer-espn
Old May 22nd 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

Martin Tyler is still my favourite commentator, I think Andy Gray is full of himself and thinks he's God, and does not actually know the Laws of the game, which he perhaps ought to do considering how he shoots his "expert" mouth off.

I cannot stand to hear Keith Costigan, he's like a stuttering stammering high speed whining machine gun, he always gets the mute button. And Tommy Smyth is right there with him! And as for Christian Miles (Keep it here Soccer Fans), I wish he would say PREMier and not premEER. I much prefer the ESPN coverage (apart from the raving leprechaun of course!)
Old May 23rd 2010, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Yeah that was nice bonus to have some decent commentary. Nice one UEFA too for moving it to Saturday so I could watch it live.
So ready for the World Cup now.
Old May 23rd 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
Martin Tyler is still my favourite commentator, I think Andy Gray is full of himself and thinks he's God, and does not actually know the Laws of the game, which he perhaps ought to do considering how he shoots his "expert" mouth off.

I cannot stand to hear Keith Costigan, he's like a stuttering stammering high speed whining machine gun, he always gets the mute button. And Tommy Smyth is right there with him! And as for Christian Miles (Keep it here Soccer Fans), I wish he would say PREMier and not premEER. I much prefer the ESPN coverage (apart from the raving leprechaun of course!)
I think that's a reasonable summation of Andy Gray.

He does wind me up with some of his comments. Nonetheless, he can be quite an engaging commentator at times.

I guess, having "grown up" with him, I can filter out some of the rubbish he sometimes spouts.

I also enjoy Martin Tyler's commentary.

There are aspects of ESPN coverage I do miss. Many of the group games were broadcast in HD on ESPN2 and it was possible to follow a second game on ESPN360 whilst watching another one on TV. That was very useful when more than one EPL team was playing at the same time.
Old May 23rd 2010, 2:58 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I must say, I never thought I would see the three words that are the title of the thread anywhere to be found on BE.
Old May 23rd 2010, 4:30 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I must say, I never thought I would see the three words that are the title of the thread anywhere to be found on BE.
Put News on the end of it and we have a whole new ball game, so to speak.
Old May 23rd 2010, 4:35 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
and does not actually know the Laws of the game, which he perhaps ought to do considering how he shoots his "expert" mouth off.
Alan Greene is the same though.

it's the media in general that think if a player was "going for the ball" but breaks someones leg it is somehow ok, because he was going for the ball
Old May 24th 2010, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

In glorious HD as well. They better bring it to AT&T soon.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Wynalda, Webster, Bretos and Tommy 'bulging the ould onion bag' Smythe. There's a four way twat-off I'd pay good money to see.
Old May 24th 2010, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Gray grates on my nerves and gets the silent button. Pity his skills on the field never equated to his "commentary" mouth. Has all the answers now that he is not playing.
Old May 24th 2010, 9:58 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Odd how the Thread Police have managed to leave this alone and not move it to the Locker Room.
Old May 24th 2010, 10:17 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Whaaaaat!! You mean I put up with Clive "that night in Barcelona" Tyldesley and Andy O'Townsend for nothing?