British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Wegmans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/wegmans-632813/)

gruffbrown Sep 27th 2009 3:51 pm

Wegmans

Oooh, haven't been in here for a while.

Just thought I'd remind everyone on the Eastern seaboard about Wegmans (especially JG) Get your goodies here. You're all in the ethnic section by the way.:D

Wegmans Ethnic

paddingtongreen Sep 27th 2009 4:12 pm

Re: Wegmans

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 7969179)

Just thought I'd remind everyone on the Eastern seaboard about Wegmans (especially JG) Get your goodies here. You're all in the ethnic section by the way.:D

Wegmans Ethnic

Thank you gruff. I just checked through my local Wegman's from your list, very reasonable prices.

nethead Sep 27th 2009 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 7969179)

Wegmans Ethnic

Did I remind you? :p

gruffbrown Sep 27th 2009 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 7969224)
Did I remind you? :p

I believe you did. I didn't even know where you lived.

lisa67 Sep 27th 2009 5:50 pm

Y'all still going on a bl**dy marmite??!! :ohmy:

avanutria Sep 27th 2009 9:02 pm

I LOVE Wegmans. I lived in Rochester for ten years and Wegmans was pretty much the only good thing about it.

Sadly, they won't have them in Oregon. I wish I could mail order their chocolate eclairs....mmmmmmm....

Juswus Sep 27th 2009 9:06 pm

bugger.....nearest one in NY!

Bob Sep 28th 2009 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Juswus (Post 7969680)
bugger.....nearest one in NY!

but there's going, at some unknown time going to open two in Mass...about a half hour from me...

Shaws in freeport, ME has a massive ethnic Brit section btw :)

Juswus Sep 28th 2009 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7969953)
but there's going, at some unknown time going to open two in Mass...about a half hour from me...

Shaws in freeport, ME has a massive ethnic Brit section btw :)

good to know about the Mass ones...thanks :thumbsup:

Shaws here has some Brit stuff but it's usually out of date :thumbdown:

Bob Sep 28th 2009 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Juswus (Post 7969966)
good to know about the Mass ones...thanks :thumbsup:

Shaws here has some Brit stuff but it's usually out of date :thumbdown:

aye, it's all hit and miss, but the one in Freeport has a massive aisle, really nicely stocked...probably because the Brit store up the road keeps them on their toes...and it's a handy stop off to check Carters when we head up to Maine, though LL Bean has the best bogs :D

Juswus Sep 28th 2009 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7970040)
LL Bean has the best bogs :D

:lol:

I'll be going to Freeport in Dec for Crimbo shopping, so I'll have to check it out. The hotel is right beside the Shaws.

I'm really going for "Sparkle Weekend", but pretending its for shopping :D

sime303 Sep 28th 2009 2:07 am

though LL Bean has the best bogs :D

yeah and they are right next to the Balsam Fir stuff so it always smells fresh like the maine woods LOL

sime303 Sep 28th 2009 2:11 am

aye, it's all hit and miss, but the one in Freeport has a massive aisle, really nicely stocked...probably because the Brit store up the road keeps them on their toes...and it's a handy stop off to check Carters when we head up to Maine, though LL Bean has the best bogs :D

That Bridgham and Cook place is well expensive.

Originally Posted by Juswus (Post 7970061)
:lol:

I'll be going to Freeport in Dec for Crimbo shopping, so I'll have to check it out. The hotel is right beside the Shaws.

I'm really going for "Sparkle Weekend", but pretending its for shopping :D

I love going to Freeport in the winter, it's to cold for the flatlanders but it can't get a tad busy on the warmer days.

LL Bean is great shopping at 3am though LOL

Bob Sep 28th 2009 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Juswus (Post 7970061)

The brew pub, grittys? That's well awesome for food and drink and apparently Pedro o hare is good, a Irish/Mexican pub...

Bob Sep 28th 2009 2:29 am

Originally Posted by sime303 (Post 7970121)
That Bridgham and Cook place is well expensive.

Aye, unless you get it at the right time when they clear the stocks, I managed to get a massive bottle of Marmite for a couple bucks a while back, and last time got Robinson's orange/lemon and something else for a couple bucks each and they sometimes give out free coronation st chocs during the winter....but yeah, regularly, it's pretty pricey :D