Watching Six Nations Rugby in New York

Wikiposts

Watching Six Nations Rugby in New York

Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:49 am
Just Joined

bullbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Watching Six Nations Rugby in New York

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Of course there is, I mean someone has to serve the customers, right ??
you'll be going dry so cause us irish are only good at 1 side of the bar
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:52 am
Just Joined

bullbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
The Irish are "aloud" everywhere.
i like the sound of that can't wait to watch the Rugby in the Big Apple should be an experience
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:16 am
Just Joined

gmdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if comcast show the six nations? if so which channel ??

Thanks
Glenn
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.justin.tv/chabbouh that's showing the England game online at the moment if your interested.

Comcast last year had Versus, which showed a few of the games delayed.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Michigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really niceMichigan Man is just really nice

Not exactly on the topic of watching Rugby in Pubs, but this might be an interesting tip.....
My wife and I are also rugby fans and we try to watch International matches on line on Radio Five Live, but lately they seem not to be broadcast due to contractual issues. What we do now is to log onto Skype and connect with my Brother-in-Law in the UK. He then puts his spare TV in front of his web cam and we get the whole thing live. Picture quality is not great admittedly, but at least we get to see the matches. You can also do the same thing using Windows Live and a web cam.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:06 am
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michigan Man
Not exactly on the topic of watching Rugby in Pubs, but this might be an interesting tip.....
My wife and I are also rugby fans and we try to watch International matches on line on Radio Five Live, but lately they seem not to be broadcast due to contractual issues. What we do now is to log onto Skype and connect with my Brother-in-Law in the UK. He then puts his spare TV in front of his web cam and we get the whole thing live. Picture quality is not great admittedly, but at least we get to see the matches. You can also do the same thing using Windows Live and a web cam.

That is pretty ingenious, especially seeing that Setanta charge $12.99 a game
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:46 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michigan Man
Isn't it wonderful what use we make now with billions of dollars' worth of satellite communications technology?

When I first got a webcam back in 2001, me and my mate back in London spent about 2 hours on Yahoo Instant Messenger just funny faces at each other...

Ah... Good times, good times...
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:27 am
Just Joined

sunray20 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a Irish pub on the upper west side called The Parlour http://www.theparlour.com/ that doesn't have a cover charge for the England-Wales game, but will for the Ireland game afterwards.

Don't ask me why, or how that works but if you're already in for the England Wales game, it's probably too late for them to charge so get in early for a morning guiness and then just push on...