Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Wikiposts

Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:18 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Originally Posted by yankabroad
Isn't your Location supposed to say "Czechia"? ..... Maybe you didn't get the memo?

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 22nd 2016 at 3:21 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:22 am
Just Joined

yankabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Isn't your Location supposed to say "Czechia"? ..... Maybe you didn't get the memo?

how could I forget!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the UK doesn't leave the EU, we should be fine.
You are aware of the referendum in the UK on 23rd of June....?
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yellowroom
You are aware of the referendum in the UK on 23rd of June....?
very aware. unfortunately, I never got any UK citizenship or permanent residency since I've lived on my German visa. Not sure I can do anything at this point but hope for my own selfish reasons that the UK remains in the EU.

my girlfriend is convinced you all are leaving but I really don't think so. With that being said Obama should've shut his mouth today and not made people think that the USA is interfering with the UK's sovereignty.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:39 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Ha my grandpa says America has been going down the s***** since he was a kid.
I can assure you that England has gone downhill since I was born there in 1948. It is not the place it was and never will be.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:45 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

With that being said Obama should've shut his mouth today and not made people think that the USA is interfering with the UK's sovereignty.
Yeah, British politicians NEVER opine on American domestic politics. Please.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:47 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Also really disappointing that Obama was completely deadlocked by the republican congress for so much of his presidency.
It really would have been easier if he were just elected King. Those blasted checks and balances.

/sorry, more sarcasm, I'll stop now.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reasonably familiar with both Philly and Dartford and there are plenty of places in and around Philly I'd far rather live in than Dartford.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
It really would have been easier if he were just elected King. Those blasted checks and balances.

Checks and balances are great if the congress are willing to at least work with the executive.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
Checks and balances are great if the congress are willing to at least work with the executive.
And vice versa.

When the president burns all his political capital on just a couple of issues, only an idiot would be surprised that the legislative branch no longer wants to talk to the president.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Not as bad as those blasted unbalanced checks...which result in Executive Orders... which leads to predictable high dudgeon...and so it goes
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And vice versa.

When the president burns all his political capital on just a couple of issues, only an idiot would be surprised that the legislative branch no longer wants to talk to the president.
So you're calling me an idiot?

Thanks for that.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
So you're calling me an idiot? .....
Only if you're "surprised" that after the president connived to force healthcare reform through and tried to overturn US immigration legislation by presidential dictat, the legislative branch doesn't want to work with the president.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

haha even so, it was more of congress telling him they hated him so much on a personal level that they didn't want to help him get anything done.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:16 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to return to your country of birth and she doesn't then just leave her behind. That's what I did when I decided I wanted to emigrate and she didn't. You'll get over it. No one ever died from a broken heart,

The alternative is that whatever choice is made to suit the other neither of you will be both happy with it,

Last edited by dc koop; Apr 23rd 2016 at 2:24 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.