Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Vacation in Cancun - am I going to die??

Wikiposts

Vacation in Cancun - am I going to die??

Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:28 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacation in Cancun - am I going to die??

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Even Fresno
why does every one keep mentioning Fresno
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:28 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Even Fresno
I would not go that far now you are pushing it
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I would not go that far now you are pushing it
Because, unlike Mexico, it's a place Poppy Girl actually has knowledge of
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Because, unlike Mexico, it's a place Poppy Girl actually has knowledge of
I have no desire to have any more knowledge then I already have of Mexico after traveling the world extensively and looking forward to a few more destinations Mexico is not on the list.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have no desire to have any more knowledge then I already have of Mexico after traveling the world extensively and looking forward to a few more destinations Mexico is not on the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj21-2lrnKo

Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Wish I had her body funny my dad always called me a little devil.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I'm confused, nearly everyone on here said the claims were bollox and he should go and have a good time.
Meauxna may have reacted to the same comment that raised my hackles, the insinuation that Americans never leave their doorstep and therefore aren't qualified to comment. "americans replying who cant bear the thought of being out of their own wonderful country, because they are small minded and brainwashed." Meauxna pointed out what I, myself, had noticed. Right or wrong, not a single born American had responded to the OP at the point that this comment was made, so this comment was completely unwarranted. An assumption because the discussion took place in the US forum, and a cheap shot.

It's honestly quite offensive. Not your comments (please understand that I'm just trying to explain), but the insinuation that all Americans are ignorant of the ways of the world. Are some of us? Yes, absolutely. Are all of us? I bet Meauxna and I are more traveled than the average European.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Apr 18th 2011 at 1:24 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:16 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Meauxna may have reacted to the same comment that raised my hackles, the insinuation that Americans never leave their doorstep and therefore aren't qualified to comment. "americans replying who cant bear the thought of being out of their own wonderful country, because they are small minded and brainwashed." Meauxna pointed out what I, myself, had noticed. Right or wrong, not a single born American had responded to the OP at the point that this comment was made, so this comment was completely unwarranted. As assumption because the discussion took place in the US forum, and a cheap shot.

It's honestly quite offensive. Not your comments, but the insinuation that all Americans are ignorant of the ways of the world. Are some of us? Yes, absolutely. Are all of us? I bet Meauxna and I are more traveled than the average European.
So somebody who has managed a grand total of 2 posts, 1 when he made that comment has led to all this and the comments from the regulars on here that didn't once mention anything about Americams have gone completely ignored. Either this place has gone mad or I have.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
So somebody who has managed a grand total of 2 posts, 1 when he made that comment has led to all this and the comments from the regulars on here that didn't once mention anything about Americams have gone completely ignored. Either this place has gone mad or I have.
That's fair. Sometimes Americans get tired of being picked on for being ignorant.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
why does every one keep mentioning Fresno
Now that's a scary place!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Now that's a scary place!
Indeed it is ...
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the original question:

Originally Posted by EricK
I am off to Cancun at the end of the month. What are the chances of me dying a horrible death in some sort of druglord / gang related incident??
Yes you are going to die.

Going to Cancun on vacation will make no appreciable difference to your chances of dying at any particular time in any particular way.