US build quality

Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:30 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US build quality

Originally Posted by TruBrit
looks like a baby belling or something my gran had... maybe use it in a caravan or whatever they call them here?

Fifth wheel, of course they are ten times bigger over here than the one we used to tow on hols.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:33 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I bought a cheap kettle when I first moved here. I was amazed (read shocked) when I discovered it didn't switch off automatically, you have to turn it off when it boils! Apparently this is not uncommon. I still haven't replaced it as it works other than the inconvenience of having to drag my fat bum of the sofa

Have an Oster, turns off automatically and is cordless. Wish we had 240V though!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukmumsie
Have an Oster, turns off automatically and is cordless. Wish we had 240V though!
yep mine is cordless and does a good job but like you say wish it was 240V
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elvira
FFS now you're telling me!

Only a week ago I bought a bloody Maytag washer because of your recommendation!

But I've got your number...
Hi There,

You just may need the number. Maytag closed their plant in Arkansas last month laying off about 300 people....
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brync
Hi There,

You just may need the number. Maytag closed their plant in Arkansas last month laying off about 300 people....

shhhhhh if elvira comes looking for me tell her i've gone awol
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Rushman;4395946]How did we go from Harley Davidsons to toasters?

Similar power outputs maybe?

Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

shhhhhh if elvira comes looking for me tell her i've gone awol
Your secret is safe with me.....lol and if its any consolation we bought a Maytag washer and dryer. It seemed a good idea at the time as their plant was in the town we lived in. Two months later they closed....Ho Hum......

Mind you they still do manufacture over here
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brync
Your secret is safe with me.....lol and if its any consolation we bought a Maytag washer and dryer. It seemed a good idea at the time as their plant was in the town we lived in. Two months later they closed....Ho Hum......

Mind you they still do manufacture over here
i've had our washer and dryer for 5 yrs and tbh no trouble/call outs <she says touching wood>
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:48 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I have to be very careful about what I say here, but I know someone who works for a company. They advertise a system as doing a certain thing, which it does not, then when they have sold a few million dollars worth, they send out an engineer the same time they send out the product to beat it to the destination, meanwhile back home the guys are working their arses off to find a way to make it do what they said it already does.

Then when the equipment gets there, they say they are sending someone out to install some free updates, then the engineer fixes it...some of the time! True story!
Happens all the time in Software world Sales promise the world and us poor saps have to code it quick smart.

One of the companies I used to work for was in the hardware business back in the 70's. They shipped a server that came in two configurations with a 3000 GBP difference in price. What they did not disclose was the fact that the two machines were identical and all that the "upgrade" engineer did was remove an inhibator chip and put in a placebo chip .
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:52 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Happens all the time in Software world Sales promise the world and us poor saps have to code it quick smart.

One of the companies I used to work for was in the hardware business back in the 70's. They shipped a server that came in two configurations with a 3000 GBP difference in price. What they did not disclose was the fact that the two machines were identical and all that the "upgrade" engineer did was remove an inhibator chip and put in a placebo chip .
The stuff they are sending out are million dollar pieces of equipment, I can't believe people do business that way.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
The stuff they are sending out are million dollar pieces of equipment, I can't believe people do business that way.
easy money ain't it though...
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rushman
Like what? What American made product has a worldwide reknown reputation for excellence?..

(and don't say "Microsoft" Bob)
Airstream Travel trailer? - the cool silver aluminum ones?
I hear they're making them to sell in the UK now. All made in the USA, supposed to be the best - even old ones are collectable.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Before I moved to the USA, I always wondered why things were cheaper in USA then UK.
Furniture, cars, tires, blinds, white goods, beds, paint, light fittings, moved here & found out the truth, if made in the USA or made elsewhere, but sold here, they are cheap crapp. Sparkling & shiny like xmas tree lights, but made for very short life. And often 90 day warranties, bought $700 Sony camcorder several years ago 90 day warranty. Sony TV the same, lousy warranty. They are obviously made to sell in USA, el cheapo.
Light fittings, woe is me, they would never pass muster in UK. Dangerous, could not handle 240v.
Last 4 brand new cars 2 jeep 2 Explorers, junk, poorly made unreliable junk. Lots of gadgets & whistles, shiny crapp.

Got that off my chest.
REg. Frank R.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Before I moved to the USA, I always wondered why things were cheaper in USA then UK.
Furniture, cars, tires, blinds, white goods, beds, paint, light fittings, moved here & found out the truth, if made in the USA or made elsewhere, but sold here, they are cheap crapp. Sparkling & shiny like xmas tree lights, but made for very short life. And often 90 day warranties, bought $700 Sony camcorder several years ago 90 day warranty. Sony TV the same, lousy warranty. They are obviously made to sell in USA, el cheapo.
Light fittings, woe is me, they would never pass muster in UK. Dangerous, could not handle 240v.
Last 4 brand new cars 2 jeep 2 Explorers, junk, poorly made unreliable junk. Lots of gadgets & whistles, shiny crapp.

Got that off my chest.
REg. Frank R.
Gosh Frank...betcha feel better for that don't ya?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

i've had our washer and dryer for 5 yrs and tbh no trouble/call outs
Trubrit, if top loader style, then nothing to go wrong. Can't even preload conditioner or washing powder, washers with no built in water heater, no mixer valves, for hot & cold fill. Its why they never made automatic front loaders, to technical for them.
Dryers that just turn one direction.
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.