Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

Old Jan 21st 2022, 3:25 pm
Banned

SimonLes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

Ill give you the first one. I'll replace the word "only" with mostly

The vaccines do not reduce transmission. you are incorrect. Even if there was a marginal difference one should alsolook at behavioural factors. for example vaccinated people like SDgirl and Karen et al all feel save and cosy warm on a plane together, without any of those ghastly unvacninated people. They are more likely to be less careful about washing hands, social distancing, mask wearing etc. Also they will be less likely to exhibit symptoms and will therefore not realize when they are infected.

FAUCI: What we did know was how transmissible the virus was among unvaccinated people. So it was very clear that when you compared the delta variant with, for example, the alpha variant, it was clearly considerably more transmissible. The new data show that it is so transmissible that even a vaccinated person who has a breakthrough infection can now transmit it. That is the new data.
This is from July- Omnicrom is even more transmissible

“The virus in the nasal pharynx of a vaccinated person who gets a breakthrough infection with Delta, it is exactly the same as the level of virus in an unvaccinated person who’s infected” - Dr Fauci

Based on this which contradicts what you said, somehow it makes sense to force millions of people to inject their bodies with something to protect a tiny number of people, for no tangible gain?

Even if you are right, does it make sense to force millions of people to do something they don't want, for a 10% (or whatever your number is) reduction in transmission, for a disease that a majority of people are vaccinated against and the remainder a high percentage most likely have some form of natural immunity. So maybe at a high estimate that's 10% of the population who are 10 % more transmissible for a disease with a 0.07% mortality rate. That's a tiny risk, tiny.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 3:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn’t the above seriously off-topic? People are trying to find out what the current rules are for traveling to the UK when not vaccinated.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unvaccinated traveling to the UK

Originally Posted by SimonLes
Ill give you the first one. I'll replace the word "only" with mostly

The vaccines do not reduce transmission. you are incorrect. Even if there was a marginal difference one should alsolook at behavioural factors. for example vaccinated people like SDgirl and Karen et al all feel save and cosy warm on a plane together, without any of those ghastly unvacninated people. They are more likely to be less careful about washing hands, social distancing, mask wearing etc. Also they will be less likely to exhibit symptoms and will therefore not realize when they are infected.

This is from July- Omnicrom is even more transmissible

Based on this which contradicts what you said, somehow it makes sense to force millions of people to inject their bodies with something to protect a tiny number of people, for no tangible gain?

Even if you are right, does it make sense to force millions of people to do something they don't want, for a 10% (or whatever your number is) reduction in transmission, for a disease that a majority of people are vaccinated against and the remainder a high percentage most likely have some form of natural immunity. So maybe at a high estimate that's 10% of the population who are 10 % more transmissible for a disease with a 0.07% mortality rate. That's a tiny risk, tiny.
This thread is not the place for this discussion…move along please.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Also check this out, the definition of vaccinated is being expanded to "with booster" - insane. The article even admits the reason is to force people to get vaccinated., not fr any public health reason. it's just tyranny for no good reason.
I think the vast majority of us agree that being vaccinated/boosted is a "good" thing reducing the risk of infection somewhat and significantly reducing the risk of serious infection. You are of course welcome to not be vaccinated if you so choose, at this point it's your own lookout - but you have no right to travel internationally if you choose to do so. As long as there is exemptions for those who are coming from places where it's not easily possible to get vaccinated I am okay with it (although the need to for will reduce as they become more and more widespread).

In an earlier point you mentioned not wanting to show the card or app or whatever to the check-in person. In my recent travel, it was all done electronically and no human ever saw my records, it was via Virgin Atlantic's VerifyFly system and very quick and easy during online checkin.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 4:56 pm
Banned

You are of course welcome to not be vaccinated if you so choose, at this point it's your own lookout - but you have no right to travel internationally if you choose to do so.
That's an incredible statement, absolutely insane. off topic, but insane

Why? PM me if you don't want to go off topic on this thread

Anyway, back to the thread topic, thanks for the insight about the verifyfly. I will look into that.

<snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 21st 2022 at 5:02 pm. Reason: Site Rule 15.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:06 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Those suggesting they are in some danger traveling with unvaccinated people are misinformed. I don't know how you can be under the impression you are at risk somehow. You are vaccinated so unlikely to get very sick, but you can still get it and spread it, same for your fellow vaccinated travellers travellers. Your logic doesn't stand up and it is damaging and dangerous. Just because Biden says unvaccinated people are killing people with covid, it doesn't mean it is true. he is talking rubbish and so are you.

To the OP, I ask this question

Let's say you go to the UK as an unvaccinated traveler (which soon will mean "hasn't had a booster") and you do the tests and give your address and promise to stay at home like a good boy. What if you just ignore that and carry on doing whatever you want. What exactly are the UK authorities going to do about it? They can fine you but you will be long gone.

I might be vaccinated, I might not be, but I refuse to show my medical papers to some check in clerk, so lets put me down as unvaccinated. This is my plan. I'll dance their stupid tune until I get to my place of residence in the UK and then I'll do exactly what i want. if some little nazi covid police shows up and finds me not at home, by the time any consequences come my way I will be back in the USA.

AND, a third of people in the UK are not boosted. Not boosted means "unvaccinated" soon, are the government really going to be able to restrict the travel of 1/3rd of the population with the current data on Omnicron and hospitalisations, especially when they are increasingly being called out for their manipulation of models and data. it can't be justified and intimidating people to try and force them to get a vaccination without a medical justification doesn't work.

I'll say it again people- being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting covid,. it doesn't stop you spreading covid, it just reduces your chances of getting very ill for a virus that only really hurts old people, ill people and fatties. Unvaccinated people are not a danger to you, any talk of "mutations" and "breakthrough cases" causes by unvaccinated people is incorrect and dangerous.
That's an incredible statement, absolutely insane. off topic, but insane

Why? PM me if you don't want to go off topic on this thread

Anyway, back to the thread topic, thanks for the insight about the verifyfly. I will look into that.

@jerseygirl- you deleted my attempt to get this back on topic. You ignored everyone else on the thread who went off topic. The minute I dispute the incorrect narrative and demonstrate a perfectly reasonable position, with evidence, you censor what I am saying. There may be a rationale for that, in that it was going off topic, but I didn't start it & you only delete me. It's censorship and hypocrisy. if you want to apply rules and use your authority, then you should apply them consistently and fairly.

"you need to move on" = " hey, don't come here with facts and reason, we don't like what you are saying because it attacks our confirmation bias and we want you to stop it"

I don't want to discuss the rights and wrongs of vaccination, I want to know about how all this is verified and enforced.

It reads like you are trying to gather information to allow you to circumvent the UK rules, which you have stated you are going to ignore.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-q...ive-in-england

Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
It reads like you are trying to gather information to allow you to circumvent the UK rules, which you have stated you are going to ignore.

At some point, my response to someone intending to put others at risk by ignoring the Covid rules will get me banned. I'm immunocompromised and barely managed to get through having Covid of Christmas and New Year, and today was my first time outside in 4 weeks. I do not want to get it again because some self-entitled asshole doesn't give a shit.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tht

Yep.

I have a flight booked for June to London followed by one to Spain
Maybe i had the vaccine, Maybe I didn't. But that makes me "unvaccinated" I refuse to comply with this illogical tyranny.

I refuse to provide my health details to a unregulated third party for no good reason.

Vaccine passports don't achieve anything other than pressure people to get a vaccine in order to go about their business, the governments have admitted this <snip>. A vaccine that impacts nobody but the person getting it who the government seem to think they know better than me.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 21st 2022 at 5:25 pm. Reason: Site Rule 15.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.

Maybe i had the vaccine, Maybe I didn't. But that makes me "unvaccinated" I refuse to comply with this illogical tyranny.

I refuse to provide my health details to a unregulated third party for no good reason.

Vaccine passports don't achieve anything other than pressure people to get a vaccine in order to go about their business, the governments have admitted this and I provided a clip from the times that the censorious mods on this forum removed. A vaccine that impacts nobody but the person getting it who the government seem to think they no better than.
No problem. If the airline requires details and you refuse to supply them, boarding refused. Choices have consequences.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see how you'll be getting on those planes then, unless the rules change between now and then. And boasting that you'll be ignoring quarantine rules on a public forum that can be read by authorities doesn't seem like a terribly great idea tbh.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 21st 2022 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tht

Thanks for the link I have now read it- given that vaccinated people as well as vaccinated people can get and spread Covid-19, those rules are absolutely ridiculous and completely illogical. I will only be in the UK for 3 days and i intend to take absolutely zero notice of any of that. I'll go to the pub, down to Bluewater and hang out with all the other unvaccinated people.I guess my peceived "unvaccinatedness" is different from anyone's in the UK.

I "could" get fined up to £10,000. I'd like to see them get that off me, given I will be back in the US by the time any court dates came up. A non UK resident can't be tried in a UK court so that's going to be a waste of their time anyhow.

Now I need to figure out how to get to Spain. Maybe I could get the ferry to France and then the train through the unmanned border? Depends on the french rules I guess, problem with them is they will be in french!
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I "could" get fined up to £10,000. I'd like to see them get that off me, given I will be back in the US by the time any court dates came up. A non UK resident can't be tried in a UK court so that's going to be a waste of their time anyhow.
No court date needed, fines are issued by police via a fixed penalty notice.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
No problem. If the airline requires details and you refuse to supply them, boarding refused. Choices have consequences.
That's incorrect. The link supplied is clear, if you can't provide evidence of vaccination you are not barred from flying, you have to do tests and quarantine, that is all,

Denial of citizenship based on an illogical mandate to take a medicine is not a thing. The UK can't stop me going home and the US can't stop me going back to my place of residence- that has NEVER been the case at anytime during the covid pandemic. For someone so sure of themself, you really say a lot of things that are wrong. I call for your posts to be deleted for misinformation
Old Jan 21st 2022, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

That's incorrect. The link supplied is clear, if you can't provide evidence of vaccination you are not barred from flying, you have to do tests and quarantine, that is all,

Denial of citizenship based on an illogical mandate to take a medicine is not a thing. The UK can't stop me going home and the US can't stop me going back to my place of residence- that has NEVER been the case at anytime during the covid pandemic. For someone so sure of themself, you really say a lot of things that are wrong. I call for your posts to be deleted for misinformation
Go for it.

But you've already said you'd refuse to do the quarantine, and couldn't if you're only in the UK shorter than the current required quarantine period.

So how about we ask the mods to remove you from the fòrum for trying to do something you've been told you shouldn't.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

The airline, however, can and will not fly you if you do not meet the requirements of either them (conditions of carriage) or the country you're going to (in this case, a Passenger Locator Form with vaccination or lack thereof and legal and binding agreement to quarantine).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.