Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:15 am
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

What is the deal for unvaccinated adults and children traveling to the UK? Finding different information. Is it correct that you have to quarantine for 10 days?
Old Nov 7th 2021, 6:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unvaccinated traveling to the UK?

It’s all here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...lly-vaccinated

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 7th 2021 at 7:12 am.
Old Nov 8th 2021, 9:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's very clear as above.

Looking for the answer you want will never offer clarity.

Old Nov 9th 2021, 1:43 am
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking for the correct answer because I was unsure of the rules/regulations and wanted to know prior to booking a trip, that is all.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

When are they going to have flights for vaccinated people only?

Sure, as a vaccinated person I won't end up in the ICU (or so they say) if I do become a breakthrough sufferer, but flying for hours with unvaccinated people puts me off flying altogether.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 2:48 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moi View Post
What is the deal for unvaccinated adults and children traveling to the UK? Finding different information. Is it correct that you have to quarantine for 10 days?
Unvaccinated people should be encouraged to self isolate and not travel for the good of humanity.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

under 18s (regardless of vaccination status) same rules as vaccinated adults
Old Nov 10th 2021, 10:32 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
Sure, as a vaccinated person I won't end up in the ICU (or so they say) if I do become a breakthrough sufferer, but flying for hours with unvaccinated people puts me off flying altogether.

Agreed . 100% agreed.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 10:03 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post

Some airlines already do, Qantas for one.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 6:25 pm
Banned

SimonLes is an unknown quantity at this point

Those suggesting they are in some danger traveling with unvaccinated people are misinformed. I don't know how you can be under the impression you are at risk somehow. You are vaccinated so unlikely to get very sick, but you can still get it and spread it, same for your fellow vaccinated travellers travellers. Your logic doesn't stand up and it is damaging and dangerous. Just because Biden says unvaccinated people are killing people with covid, it doesn't mean it is true. he is talking rubbish and so are you.

To the OP, I ask this question

Let's say you go to the UK as an unvaccinated traveler (which soon will mean "hasn't had a booster") and you do the tests and give your address and promise to stay at home like a good boy. What if you just ignore that and carry on doing whatever you want. What exactly are the UK authorities going to do about it? They can fine you but you will be long gone.

I might be vaccinated, I might not be, but I refuse to show my medical papers to some check in clerk, so lets put me down as unvaccinated. This is my plan. I'll dance their stupid tune until I get to my place of residence in the UK and then I'll do exactly what i want. if some little nazi covid police shows up and finds me not at home, by the time any consequences come my way I will be back in the USA.

AND, a third of people in the UK are not boosted. Not boosted means "unvaccinated" soon, are the government really going to be able to restrict the travel of 1/3rd of the population with the current data on Omnicron and hospitalisations, especially when they are increasingly being called out for their manipulation of models and data. it can't be justified and intimidating people to try and force them to get a vaccination without a medical justification doesn't work.

I'll say it again people- being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting covid,. it doesn't stop you spreading covid, it just reduces your chances of getting very ill for a virus that only really hurts old people, ill people and fatties. Unvaccinated people are not a danger to you, any talk of "mutations" and "breakthrough cases" causes by unvaccinated people is incorrect and dangerous.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 6:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonLes View Post
I'll say it again people- being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting covid,. it doesn't stop you spreading covid, it just reduces your chances of getting very ill for a virus that only really hurts old people, ill people and fatties.
Saying it again somehow makes it true does it? Strange that two friends of ours (both in their 40’s and fit, no underlying health conditions) have died from it.

And my sons 14 year old friend has got long Covid. For the past year she’s been in a wheelchair. She cannot walk. Cannot attend school. Cannot see her friends. She’s over the moon because she can now go out in the car for a whole 10 minutes before having to return home with exhaustion, so she can finally see outside her four walls. Never mind that when she does that she can’t even walk upstairs because she’s so wiped out from it eh? It’s turned her parents world upside down, her mother has had to give up her job to care for her. This is a child that until May 2020 when she caught Covid, was a typical teenager, full of life and smiles.

We don’t know anybody elderly, ill or fat that have been hurt by the virus. But we do know three fit, young and healthy people whose families will never be the same again.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 8:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

People simply need to get vaccinated and boosted, and comply with the Covid rules and regulations of the jurisdictions they are traveling from, and into. They need to protect their own good health, and that of vulnerable people they may come into contact with - including the small minority of people who cannot get vaccinated, or for whom vaccination may be ineffective.

Simple really!
Old Jan 20th 2022, 8:40 pm
Banned

But that's nothing to do with vaccinations and the ability of vaccinated people to get and spread the virus.

Your stories are sad and its terrible when anyone dies or is handicaped but that's no reason to avoid a plane, no matter who is in it. There is no evidence planes are places that are causing transmission, the opposite is true.

The world shouldn't stop because some people got ill or died. people get ill and die everyday, the %age of people who are not old, ill or fat who have died from covid is miniscule and not proportionate to the crazy road politicians are taking or the incorrect statements of SDgirl and rich and karen
Old Jan 20th 2022, 8:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Agreed . 100% agreed.
Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
People simply need to get vaccinated and boosted, and comply with the Covid rules and regulations of the jurisdictions they are traveling from, and into. They need to protect their own good health, and that of vulnerable people they may come into contact with - including the small minority of people who cannot get vaccinated, or for whom vaccination may be ineffective.

Simple really!
Why? Why should you dictate what people do for their own health and why should millions of people do something they don't want to do to protect a tiny number of people who, if they feel that vulnerable, should stay at home or chance it with a N95.

How does getting the vaccination help vulnerable people who haven't had the vaccine? explain to me.

Last edited by SimonLes; Jan 20th 2022 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2022, 10:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

But that's nothing to do with vaccinations and the ability of vaccinated people to get and spread the virus.
I was simply correcting your statement, that Covid 'only really hurts old people, ill people and fatties'. Which isn't true.

How does getting the vaccination help vulnerable people who haven't had the vaccine? explain to me.
The vaccines reduce transmission.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.