Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The unacceptable face of capitalism

Wikiposts

The unacceptable face of capitalism

Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The unacceptable face of capitalism

This is more of a problem with the system than a single individual.

Damning parliamentary inquiry brands Sir Philip Green 'unacceptable face of capitalism' - ITV News

Maybe the face of Boe would have been better for everyone involved.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The unacceptable face of capitalism

Originally Posted by mrken30
This is more of a problem with the system than a single individual.

Damning parliamentary inquiry brands Sir Philip Green 'unacceptable face of capitalism' - ITV News

Maybe the face of Boe would have been better for everyone involved.
Unfortunately it's all too common for takeovers and "leveraged buyouts" on both sides of the Atlantic to be followed by the new owners declaring themselves a huge dividend, or making themselves a loan from the company, or using one of various other activies to run the business into the ground.

Sears is a perfect example, and it has been like watching a slow-motion train wreck since Kmart bought Sears in 2004. It has only ever been a question of when Sears will fail, though we appear to be finally reaching the end-game, with rumours of the owners looking to sell off the Craftsman, Diehard, and Kenmore brands, presumably along with the car-care division and the stand-alone appliance stores respectively. Pretty much everything else that can be stripped from Sears and sold has already gone, including the real estate (stores) that were sold on a lease-back arrangement, and the iconic Sears Tower, now known as the Willis Tower, in Chicago.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 26th 2016 at 4:20 am.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I will miss craftsman tools if they ever go. They seem to be good quality tools.

Looks like Sir PG is upset.

Work and Pensions Select Committee chairman #FrankField says former #BHS boss #SirPhilipGreen is suing him for libel

Last edited by mrken30; Jul 26th 2016 at 4:18 am.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 4:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I will miss craftsman tools if they ever go. They seem to be good quality tools.
They're decent enough, though IMO not as good as their stellar reputation warrants. Some Americans seem to virtually worship them, and yet they apparently aren't a patch on Snap-on tools. .... Of course they are also a lot cheaper than Snap-on tools.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 5:27 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

You could always get a Craftsman tool replaced no charge if it broke. I've been using them for years, never broke one yet

Next basket case after Sears... JC Penney

Last edited by dc koop; Jul 27th 2016 at 5:29 am.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 4:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There will be many going this way.

Quite a few major chains that I do not see how they can make money.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Norcal is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that Craftsman tools are ChiCom sourced, might as well go to Harbor Freight, Craftsman is a tarnished brand now, but their warranty was better then Snap-On's, as the Snap-On dealers cover warranty's, so if your not a regular customer of the tool truck, doubtful your going to get it replaced. I like Snap-On but not their prices.

I have had my fill of Sears but really do not wish to see them fold.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 10:04 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norcal
Now that Craftsman tools are ChiCom sourced, might as well go to Harbor Freight, Craftsman is a tarnished brand now, but their warranty was better then Snap-On's, as the Snap-On dealers cover warranty's, so if your not a regular customer of the tool truck, doubtful your going to get it replaced. I like Snap-On but not their prices.

I have had my fill of Sears but really do not wish to see them fold.
Sears was great pre 1990, after they lost their place. The modern world does not give a business time to adapt to changes, especially if it is a bit behind.
I bought a sears lawnmower 15 years ago and with no maintenance still starts every spring on the first or second pull.