Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

UKTV are you as sad as me?

UKTV are you as sad as me?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default UKTV are you as sad as me?

JUst watched: Changing rooms, property ladder, bargain hunt, river cottage and antiques roadshow - how sad am I????????????? anyone else missing UK that much they are resorting to these desperate measures?????????
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UKTV are you as sad as me?

ps - also recently seen Inspector Frost, Judge John Deed and loads of naff English period dramas ( the wife likes them!!!!!)
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:14 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
JUst watched: Changing rooms, property ladder, bargain hunt, river cottage and antiques roadshow - how sad am I????????????? anyone else missing UK that much they are resorting to these desperate measures?????????

That lot is still better than a week of prime time veiwing in Oz.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:08 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Had to laugh when I read this. They have "How Clean is Your House?" on BBC America, and I watch it when I can. It's disgusting how some people can live like that! Great show, and makes me yearn for home when I hear the accents.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

For me it is Lewis, Dalziel and Pascoe, Lynley and when there is nothing else on tv I just bought myself yet another series of Midsomer Murders. Oh yes, and Time Team also features in my week!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:05 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Not sad at all!
I stopped watching terrestrial tv once we got foxtel and also just watched uktv, trouble was it only made me more homesick!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Saddo that I am, I watch these programmes (even though I may have avoided many when in the UK); and get so engrossed I think I am back home.

I then get a short, sharp shock when the Oz TV adverts come on (at least every 5 mins for 3 mins at a time); with some idiot shouting about whatever it is they are advertising. Or worse, the advert with the old guy who has a prostate problem, or something about lasting longer in bed. Aaarrgghh!!!

They just completely ruin my Miss Marple/Vicar of Dibley/Frost etc moments; so the mute button is in constant use....
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:48 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojosan
I then get a short, sharp shock when the Oz TV adverts come on (at least every 5 mins for 3 mins at a time); with some idiot shouting about whatever it is they are advertising. Or worse, the advert with the old guy who has a prostate problem, or something about lasting longer in bed. Aaarrgghh!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!! I can relate as we have a lot of those too! Also, the commercials in the US are soooooooo depressing. It's all about getting out of debt, or taking pills, most which have side effects that are worse than the actual disease/condition, but don't worry, you can always sue the shite out of the the manufacturer by choosing one of the bjillion law firms crying for business.

They just completely ruin my Miss Marple/Vicar of Dibley/Frost etc moments; so the mute button is in constant use....
OMG, I love the Vicar of Dibley. Me and mum worked with a woman who was a spitting image of dippy Alice. I used to stare at her open-mouthed when she was near me because it was so uncanny. Luckily, she didn't have the same brain, though!!

EDIT: By the way, I'm watching Most Haunted in a few minutes on BBC America. I just watch it cuz I like to see Yvette cack her pants and let loose a tirade of (not very well bleeped out) swearwords!!

Last edited by katesbackagain; Feb 23rd 2008 at 1:52 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:50 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I love my weekly dose of Parkinson. Fun intelligent, witty and always entertaining. I shall miss him big time when he retires. I even watch the multitudes of repeat shows as its better to see his stuff 6 times than the mind numbing crap on free to air tv
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
EDIT: By the way, I'm watching Most Haunted in a few minutes on BBC America. I just watch it cuz I like to see Yvette cack her pants and let loose a tirade of (not very well bleeped out) swearwords!!

Don't laugh Kate - I'm the saddo who was also cacking my pants when I watched a Halloween 'live' special of this once. I was on my own (OH away), it was dark, and I had an awful time going upstairs to bed afterwards - working out which light to leave switched on last, so's I could have a trail of lights to the bedroom and not have any time in the dark!!! What a plonker.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

mumof5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jojosan
Saddo that I am, I watch these programmes (even though I may have avoided many when in the UK); and get so engrossed I think I am back home.

Yep I never ever watch the Bill in the UK but watch it all the time here, sad I know!!!! I hate the adverts here when the movie first starts they are not too bad but as it goes on they get closer together and longer, so very very annoying:curse:
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:27 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not quite that desperate yet. The only things I watch are Derren Brown, The Friday Night Project, Judge Judy and Eastenders - actually maybe the last 2 are desperate.

Desperate Housewives is back on free to air now but ruined by the bloody ads and as for Bridget Jones Film last night - there was 2 minutes of film and 4 mins of ads at one point - I timed it.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:39 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Since having Fox installed a year ago, I watch UK and Lifestyle almost exclusively. I have the Premium package and watch UK and World Movie films as much as possible. I watch US films as well. But I NEVER EVER let anything with an Australian accent on my tv. I mute the ads. Even listening to that dozy mare on Emmerdale is enough to make me switch channels.

With my job and my triathlon training, my free time is precious and not to be wasted watching moronic shows full of Antipodean troglodytes.

I like Sarah Beeny, she always seems so calm
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Triboy
Since having Fox installed a year ago, I watch UK and Lifestyle almost exclusively. I have the Premium package and watch UK and World Movie films as much as possible. I watch US films as well. But I NEVER EVER let anything with an Australian accent on my tv. I mute the ads. Even listening to that dozy mare on Emmerdale is enough to make me switch channels.

With my job and my triathlon training, my free time is precious and not to be wasted watching moronic shows full of Antipodean troglodytes.

I like Sarah Beeny, she always seems so calm

Blimey, I miss Sarah Beeny And Kirsty and Phil... Can't see them over here as not got Foxtel and not bothering to get it now. Hey, I can wait til I'm home!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:07 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I love Lifestyle channel. Watching Grand Designs at the moment. One of my fave programmes. The only complaint i have is the rip off Foxtel policy of repeating the same programmes over and over and over and over again.
The episode of Grand Designs i am watching now is the 4th airing to my knowledge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.