Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

UKTV are you as sad as me?

UKTV are you as sad as me?

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: UKTV are you as sad as me?

Originally Posted by Olias
JUst watched: Changing rooms, property ladder, bargain hunt, river cottage and antiques roadshow - how sad am I????????????? anyone else missing UK that much they are resorting to these desperate measures?????????
UKTV is what i watch all day, nothing else compares.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojosan
Don't laugh Kate - I'm the saddo who was also cacking my pants when I watched a Halloween 'live' special of this once. I was on my own (OH away), it was dark, and I had an awful time going upstairs to bed afterwards - working out which light to leave switched on last, so's I could have a trail of lights to the bedroom and not have any time in the dark!!! What a plonker.
Hehehe!! I used to be the same way. I watched that "Ghostwatch" show that was so controversial way back in the day, hosted by Sarah Greene and Parky. I was scared stiff for weeks, even after I found out not one single part was real!! Blair Witch did that to me too. I watched it at the movies with my cousin, and made her stay at my house that night!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Seems now as if the current series of 'two fat ladies' is finished........-How will I cope now?!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 4:27 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

JUst watched: Changing rooms, property ladder, bargain hunt, river cottage and antiques roadshow - how sad am I????????????? anyone else missing UK that much they are resorting to these desperate measures?????????

I thought I was the only one to do that! I've even watched "Heartbeat" and "Midsomer Murders" Aaaaaagh - now THAT is sad! And if I watch one more episode of "All Creatures Great & Small" I'll be a fully qualified vet!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

I havent watched changing rooms in years, but I do now. UKTV and LIfestyle are my fav channels. We watch UKTV mainly and are addicted to the latest series of I am a Celebrity Get me out of here. I also enjoy the Phoenix Nights repeats and of couse any episode of Top Gear.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:20 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

What amazes me is that, apart from James Herriot and gang, I wouldn't have looked at half the stuff I watch here.......am I a lost cause? :embaressed_smile:
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
What amazes me is that, apart from James Herriot and gang, I wouldn't have looked at half the stuff I watch here.......am I a lost cause? :embaressed_smile:

If you are, then the rest of us are too!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

JULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond repute

I've started watching Jamie Oliver on the food channel here. I also like Dame Judy Dench in As Time Goes By on the public channels and I used to watch Footballers Wives, Ramsay's kitchen nightmares, Changing Rooms (for a laugh at people ruining other peoples houses) on BBC America. I also have Netflix and I can watch movies/tv shows online now with my membership. I often go straight to the foreign and BBC America searches. I had a good laugh at "The Office" the Britsh one in Slough (not the American version) and I also like watching the period dramas on there. I even saw the Duchess of Duke Street series. I just wish they would get Only Fools and Horses on BBC America or Netflix.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JULIEROSE
I've started watching Jamie Oliver on the food channel here. I also like Dame Judy Dench in As Time Goes By on the public channels and I used to watch Footballers Wives, Ramsay's kitchen nightmares, Changing Rooms (for a laugh at people ruining other peoples houses) on BBC America. I also have Netflix and I can watch movies/tv shows online now with my membership. I often go straight to the foreign and BBC America searches. I had a good laugh at "The Office" the Britsh one in Slough (not the American version) and I also like watching the period dramas on there. I even saw the Duchess of Duke Street series. I just wish they would get Only Fools and Horses on BBC America or Netflix.
Judy Dench is my favourite, I love her, and can't get enough of As Time Goes By, but they are not playing it here at the moment on the Public Television station. Although, I have watched each program at least 10 times (how sad am I). I don't have cable, so miss out on a lot of British telly. I did watch a show yesterday afternoon called, New Tricks, I think - detective thing, with a blonde lady called Sandra working with three older retired policemen solving old cases!

I have also watched on PBS - Keeping up Appearances, A Fine Romance, Vicar of Dibley, Are You Being Served, To the Manor Born, and a bunch more in this ilk........usually all on a Thursday night. So, I don't go anywhere on a Thursday night so I can have my night of British telly. Also, I have just finished watching a three-parter, Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth (what a hunk).

The one show I drive my mother crazy with when I visit the UK is the reruns of Only Fools and Horses. She is now resigned to the fact that she better not ask me what I want to watch or she will get the same answer every time. Love that Del Boy

Last edited by Marmalade; Feb 25th 2008 at 8:42 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:27 pm
itchy feet again!

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Judy Dench is my favourite, I love her, and can't get enough of As Time Goes By, but they are not playing it here at the moment on the Public Television station. Although, I have watched each program at least 10 times (how sad am I). I don't have cable, so miss out on a lot of British telly. I did watch a show yesterday afternoon called, New Tricks, I think - detective thing, with a blonde lady called Sandra working with three older retired policemen solving old cases!

I have also watched on PBS - Keeping up Appearances, A Fine Romance, Vicar of Dibley, Are You Being Served, To the Manor Born, and a bunch more in this ilk........usually all on a Thursday night. So, I don't go anywhere on a Thursday night so I can have my night of British telly. Also, I have just finished watching a three-parter, Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth (what a hunk).

The one show I drive my mother crazy with when I visit the UK is the reruns of Only Fools and Horses. She is now resigned to the fact that she better not ask me what I want to watch or she will get the same answer every time. Love that Del Boy
The one with the "blonde lady" is "New Tricks", also has James Bolam, Denis Waterman and Alun Armstrong. It's on my Must Watch list, too. And although I never watched "As Time Goes By", I am now drawn to it, and feel quite cheated if I miss it........they show both of these along with various other English goodies only on the PBS channels. As a friend in England always says I have "poor people's telly", cos I don't have satellite or fancy expensive packages from our cable company. Dead cheap, me!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
The one with the "blonde lady" is "New Tricks", also has James Bolam, Denis Waterman and Alun Armstrong. It's on my Must Watch list, too. And although I never watched "As Time Goes By", I am now drawn to it, and feel quite cheated if I miss it........they show both of these along with various other English goodies only on the PBS channels. As a friend in England always says I have "poor people's telly", cos I don't have satellite or fancy expensive packages from our cable company. Dead cheap, me!
Me too, but saving to move home, so it's worth it
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

I really do not understand how you can do it to yourself. Isn't this just torture? (I am not talking about that DD's orange glow ) I currently have a DVD on rent called Breaking and Entering which is set in London. I am too scared to watch as i might start to get homesick...then again I may sneak a look tonight...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattmc
I really do not understand how you can do it to yourself. Isn't this just torture? (I am not talking about that DD's orange glow ) I currently have a DVD on rent called Breaking and Entering which is set in London. I am too scared to watch as i might start to get homesick...then again I may sneak a look tonight...

Go on!! You know you want to!

Enjoy it - and remember your HOME.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jojosan
Go on!! You know you want to!

Enjoy it - and remember your HOME.

Ok right I will...tonight!!...yes I will do it tonight!!
Bring it on.....
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattmc
Ok right I will...tonight!!...yes I will do it tonight!!
Bring it on.....
Hi

We are moving to Perth later this year. Do you know if our TV will be compatible with Oz? It is only one year old.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mic & Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.